I Have Come

Last Descendants

Chapter XX: I Have Come

 

Sari and Myungsoo arrived at the unknown place as they are passing through a thick crowd of people. They are walking side by side in silence. Myungsoo had the urge to hold Sari's hand but if he has done that, his life will be on the line. He glum at the thought, he wouldn't want a sword stuck to his throat. He deeply sighed.

"Hey, you alright?" Sari asked since she noticed how long he sighed, it's been the third time he had done that.

"Of course."  I think so. Myungsoo thought and felt bitter, then a thought came to his mind. It's risky but it's a date after all.

"Sari." He called and Sari looked up to him.

"Yes?" She asked softly which took Myungsoo by surprise.

"Um. I-i a-" Myungsoo got caught off guard when Sari looked up to him, naturally beautiful.

Dang. The only thought that came to his mind.

Sari waved her hands in front of Myungsoo's face.

"Helloooo. Are you really alright? You look zoned out."

Myungsoo snapped out and nodded vigorously.

"Yep!" My plan is ruined.

"Ok then. Oh, by the way, what do you want to tell me?"

Will I do it or not?

"Um, can..." Myungsoo coughed. "Can I hold your hand?" He used his courage up and held his breath in.

Sari gazed up at him with an indifferent expression like Myungsoo grew up three heads.

He still waited and Sari let out a sigh.

"Why?" She asked since she doesn't want any body contact with any other except for Hoya.

Myungsoo thought and came up with an explanation, "Because this is a date."

He grinned happily and Sari snorted in annoyance.

"Well, I don't want to." She declined and Myungsoo sulked.

"Fine. As you wish, my lady." He teased and Sari punched his side of the arm.

Myungsoo scrunched his face in pain.

"You're not normal." He groaned.

"Then I'm special?" She snickered.

 

After Hoya felt an ominous aura, he quickly ran after Sari and Myungsoo. If he had failed to protect Sari for the second time, then he couldn't forgive himself forever.

"Where could they be?" Hoya mumbled under his breath as he skipped from building to building on a roof without being seen.

Then Hoya felt a strong devilish aura from the direction on where she is. It is faint but he can feel her even from afar. He knows her very well just by recognizing her aura.

"Sari."

 

"Is this the place you're talking about?" Sari asked, as they are now standing in front of a seemingly newly opened cafe on a unusual quiet district.

"Yep, this is it. Come on." Myungsoo unknowingly held Sari's hands out of the blue, which made her flinch at the sudden contact. Her cheeks suddenly flushed and cursed herself for being like this.

Damn you freaktard. She cursed in her mind but she let it go for the sake of Myungsoo's wish, or more like demand.

Myungsoo entered the cafe while pulling Sari in too, inside the shop.

"Good afternoon!!" The employees greeted.

Once inside, Sari glanced at everywhere her eyes can see and noticed that this place are full of cameras and photos. Even the chairs are cameras extension for lenses and the tables are similar to a stand.

"Well, do you like it?" Myungsoo asked and Sari nodded. She felt warm and cozy just by being there and it's a perfect place for her because it's peaceful.

"Good, I'm glad you love it." Myungsoo smiled to himself in victory.

"Well then, you could let go of my hand now." Sari demanded and Myungsoo let go as if it's the unlawful thing to do.

"S-sorry. I didn't know." Myungsoo crossed his arms in front of him like a shield.

"It's ok and please drop your hands. I'm not gonna hurt you." Sari said and went off first to the counter. Myungsoo followed.

The cashier asked for their orders, "Good afternoon ma'am and sir, may I take your orders?"

"One iced cafe americano, grande size." Myungsoo told his order and waited for Sari.

"How about you ma'am?" The cashier asked her and she carefully scanned the menu. But she can't make up her mind.

"Well, this is hard." She rubbed her chin in thought, "I'll just order one green tea latte, grande size."

The cashier punched in and asked the two to pay for their orders, Sari searched for her wallet and took it out to pay but Myungsoo beat her to it.

"Hey, I should pay my own order." Sari grunted.

"You should not, I'm the guy here and I asked you on a date." Myungsoo insisted.

"So what if you're the guy, I'm capable of paying my own order." She twitched.

"Fine, I'll let you. Next time." Myungsoo offered and Sari calmed down.

Then the cashier interrupted the two, "Oh yeah, would you like to buy our couple cake promo?"

Myungsoo scratched his head confusedly, "Couple cake promo?"

"It is like a buy one take one slice of cake, only for couples as our soft opening promo." The cashier replied.

"We're not a couple." Sari butted in but Myungsoo clamped shut.

"We'll take one!" Myungsoo added and paid for the additional.

Then Sari bit Myungsoo's hand that covered .

"Ouch!" Myungsoo cried out silently as possible and cradled his bittten hand. "What are you? A dog?"

"I don't like cakes and we're not a couple." Sari said in annoyance.

"But it's free cake. If you don't want it, I would take it. Problem solved!" Myungsoo ended their dispute and Sari just kept shut. She got tired of bickering with him.

Sheesh, just for today. Think of us as a couple. Myungsoo silently prayed.

The cashier sweat dropped at the scene before him.

 

Hoya has nearly arrived on where he picked up the ominous aura and where Sari is. It's only faint so he needs to look around for the place where Sari is really located before the assassin gets to her.

When he arrived at Hongdae, where youngsters hangout, he saw there are a lot of people hanging out and walking around the streets. He pinched his nose bridge and clucked his tongue in annoyance.

This is gonna be hard. There are a lot of people. He thought hopelessly but he should not give up because Sari's life is on the line.

He looked around for her with luck as he was standing in the middle of the road. But none in sight, so he decided to pick up the aura where Sari is as he run towards to the roof of a random building.

As he arrived, he stood there and closed his eyes for focus on finding Sari.

 

"Here is your order ma'am and sir. One grande sized Iced cafe americano and green tea latte."

The waiter laid down there orde on a small table. "The cake will arrive shortly."

The two thanked the waiter and they started drinking their ordered coffees.

Sari lit up in excitement like a kid just got a sweet treat, "Woah, this is great. It's the first time I tasted it."

"Seriously? You never drank anything like that?" Myungsoo furrowed his brows in disbelief as he sipped his iced americano.

Sari nodded in response and took a small sip from her hot beverage.

The waiter arrived and laid down the cake that was ordered by Myungsoo.

The cake laid down are a slice of strawberry short cake and tiramisu.

Myungsoo's eyes glistened and nearly drooled at the sight, "Are you sure you don't want these?"

He stared at Sari with a smile on his face. Sari stifled a laugh as she draws her hand near to .

"What's so funny?" Myungsoo asked and pouted.

"Your face just looks so dumb." She giggled and Myungsoo heard it. It's the first time he heard it and to him, it's feminine and cute.

Myungsoo unknowingly blushed at the sight before him, Aish! Why is she making me feel like this?

He looked away to hide his red face and took a bite of the cake before him.

Sari stopped laughing and blinked twice, "Wow, that's odd. No comeback? I just insulted you."

"Nevermind that, j-just eat some. Will you?" He stuttered as he offered the strawberry short cake for her. He pushed the cake towards to her.

Sari thought for a minute if she will take it or not, then after a while she took a bite from it.

Her eyes lit up, "It's good, even though I don't like cake."

"Your eyes says the opposite." Myungsoo teased and earned a slap from Sari.

"Oh shut up freaktard." She took a sip from her latte.

"I have a name, you know." Myungsoo happily ate the cake all the way.

 

"I have come for you, princess."

He let out a sinister smile under his hooded coat. The sky suddenly turned gloomy in the afternoon and it started to drizzle all over the place.

The assassin took out his blade coming from his long sleeved coat.

"Now's the time to pay the price."

"Your life."

 

Hoya snapped his eyes open and started to run as he found you.

"Sh*t. I'm late." He flash stepped towards to the certain destination. His face full of fear and worry.

"Please be safe."


Author's note: I'm very sorry for the late update. Since I started working, I started having a writer's block and it's really bad. It's not that I have been busy, it's just I can't think anything to write for the next chapter. But now, it's a good thing I can think of something to write. It's not that great but I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for bearing with me for a while since it's been so long since I updated. Please do comment and subscribe. You can also suggest something on what I have to write for the next one so I can avoid having writer's block. I really blame my job, I really hate it. I'm studying again for a career change. I hope you'll pray for me. ^-^ annyeong yeorobundeul, kamsahamnida. Ja kalkkeyo.