Huh?

Last Descendants

Chapter II: Huh?

 

So far, Sari's day yesterday had gone well than she had thought. No bad happenings yet, for now.

Hoya and Sari woke up earlier to attend a training at the kendo club they signed up for. Hoya cooked breakfast for them and ate in peace. 

Sari's hoping nothing could go wrong today.

 

The two cousins walked in peace as they arrived at the dojo the big guy mentioned. When they entered, the expected thing is there are a few members. 

"Figures, there are few." She commented.

"Don't be so rude Sari." Hoya hushed her.

"Hmph."

Both of them entered and saw only six members. The members stopped at their training session and looked at both of them, the cousins.

"Annyeong haseyo. We are the new members of the club. Nice to meet you all." Hoya greeted and he nudged Sari at her side.

"Please take care of us." She said monotonously.

Then the big guy appeared, "Oh, it's you guys! Welcome. Let's begin the first test, shall we?"

Hoya remembered he haven't asked his name. "Um, excuse me but we still haven't now your name."

The big guy turned around to face him and grinned, Oh where are my manners, I am Coach Kim Donghyun."

"Coach?" Hoya questioned in disbelief. "So that's why he looks so old." He muttered without the coach hearing it but Sari heard it and chuckled silently.

"Enough chitchat and let's get started to the test for the newbies." The coach announced.

"Test?" Both cousins chorused at the sudden turn of events.

"That's right. So who's first?" He looked at the both of them.

Sari stepped up first and Hoya smiled in confidence with his arms crossed as he stood at the side.

One member tossed her a bamboo sword and the armor. She quickly wore the outfit and got ready into a stance as well as the other senior member.

"Ready? Go!" 

Unexpected happened for the senior members to see, all of them dropped their jaw on the amazement they saw. Hoya just stood there and grinned. He knew this is going to happen.

The coach widened his eyes in shock and muttered something incoherently.

Sari smirked evilly under the mask with an evil glint in her eye as she withdrew her bamboo sword in place and bowed at the other player.

However the other player stood there frozen as the armor he wore cracked into pieces.

"What the- This can't be." The senior member finally regained himself but he stumbled back in fear.

The coach came back to his senses and asked another one to battle her.

"The other member please step up and battle her." The others hesitated if they should go or not but someone stepped up.

But he got knocked out in an instant. "Next!" Sari arrogantly called. One member agitatedly ran toward her.

"Why you?!"

But unfortunately for the agitated guy, he fell off with a single strike from Sari. Hoya stepped up and stopped her.

"Hey, you get all the fun. How about me?" Hoya complained as he pointed himself. Sari faced him and sighed, "It's not fun you know."

"Really?" 

"Yep. We're outta here. We can spar for ourselves. It's better that way." She removed the armor.

"Well, if you say so." He placed his hands at the back of his head. Sari started to walk away as well as Hoya.

The coach stopped them. "Wait! We need you guys."

"Joeseonghaeyo coach but we quit." Hoya felt sorry for the club. "Ja! We have better things to do."

The coach animatedly cried while the other members of the team are out cold.

 

Before the morning classes begin, Sari and Hoya hanged out at the rooftop.

"Well, that was disappointing." Sari took her headphone placed it around her neck and clicked play with her walkman.

"You're pretty cold you know that." Hoya gave her a disappointed look.

"You know we have a mission, right?" She yawned after saying it.

"I know but still." Hoya just sighed.

"But still what?" She faced him.

"You need to learn to enjoy too and be nice to people." Hoya said it with sincere.

"You don't have to worry about me couz." She closed her eyes and smiled in thought.

Still caring as ever.

"You can't stop me." He grinned and ruffled her hair.

"Ya, stop messing with my hair."

The school bell started to ring.

 

Before the lunch bell rings, the cousins heard the screaming from outside. The students heard it too and rushed to see what it was. But the cousins remained in their seats not bothering to see what it was or who it was.

The screaming got louder barely hearing the bell rings signalling for lunch. Instead of heading to the cafeteria, the cousins remain seated and Sari wore her headphones and played J-rock music. Hoya also took his earphones out and plugged it into his ears playing hiphop music.

The teacher sighed and got out of the room, "Those boys again huh?"

 

When the screaming subsided, Hoya and Sari decided to go to the cafeteria and eat. Both of their stomachs grumbled in hunger.

"Those girls screaming are so annoying." Hoya felt annoyed, the screaming still ringing into his ears.

"Tell me about it." She groaned.

When they arrived to the heavenly place for the cousins, they saw a massive crowd of girls surrounding a specific place and still screaming.

"What the hell is that?" Hoya shocked at the sight before him.

"I don't care. Let's get a move on and eat." The cousins went in line and got a big platter of food they need.

They easily spot and empty table and sat on it. They thanked the food and began to eat in delight.

"Finally! Food." Sari said in between her chewing.

"I don't know if you're really a girl." Hoya took a big bite on his chicken.

"Shut up." Sari burped.

 

On the other side, the specific place who causes so much disturbance.

The guys sighed, Can they just give us a peace of our mind? 

"Girls, girls please stay calm and leave us for a moment please?" Sungjong ushered the girls to go away nicely. But they didn't comply and stayed there. He looked at Sunggyu for help. As he got the signal, he stood up from his seat.

"Didn't you heard what this guy said? Please go away immediately or you won't know what will happen to you even though you all are girls." The girls suddenly scrambled away and returned to their seats.

He sat back again on his chair and crossed his arms.

"This guy?" Sungjong pointed to himself. "I have a name you know hyung."

"Well, that did work." Dongwoo said.

"But that is pretty cruel, don't you think?" He added.

"But at least it worked or my mind's gonna blow in a matter of minutes if they don't go away." Sungyeol clutched his head in pain.

"Life is pretty hard."  Woohyun sighed.

"I miss playing soccer." Ang he added out of the blue.

"This is the only time that we can relax and be a normal student but with the fangirls around..." Sunggyu trailed.

"We're doooooomed!!" Sungyeol wailed but Myungsoo knocked his head.

"That's really exaggerating." Sungjong pinched his nose bridge.

"That hurts." Sungyeol rubbed his head.

Myungsoo just shook his head with his friend's weirdness.

 

After the cousins finished eating their desserts, they decided to go on the rooftop again and get some fresh air. They have more time to spare before the next period begins.

"Fresh air and no more ringing in my ears." Hoya stretched his arms in the air.

Sari just took a seat on the floor and gaze up at the blue sky.

"This view is just so great." She closed her eyes and feeling the wind touch her cheeks.

Hoya looked at you, Finally, she's enjoying the moment. He smiled.

Her face full of tranquility and her cousin never want to disturb her.

However that silence has been broken when they heard someone coming on their haven.

Sari quickly opened her eyes and flash stepped quickly on the other higher roof. Hoya did the same and stood beside her. Both of them concealed themselves to avoid being seen.

The cousins looked at the incoming unwanted visitors who disturbed their peace.

 

"Who are they? This place is usually secluded." Sari asked her cousin.

"Beats me. It's my first time to see them." 

 

"Peace at last!!" Sungyeol shouted.

"Shut up! Peace is not peace when you shouted." Woohyun smacked his head.

"Ouch! Can't you be a little more gentle?" He wailed at Woohyun's brutal attack.

"Can we just have a quiet time before the class starts?" Myungsoo pleaded and Dongwoo nodded in agreement.

 

"Let's get out of here couz." Hoya suggested and Sari nodded.

They disappeared in an instant by using flash step and fled to the classroom before the students come in.

"Well, peace didn't last long." Sari grumbled.

"But I was so happy you still got that peace. It's the first time again your face look so relaxed and unworried."

Sari stared at Hoya. "Really?"

"Really." He grinned happily at you.

She smiled in response.

 

The class ended and both cousins headed quickly first to their apartment before going to their part-time job.

"This is inconvenient. We still need to wear our eye patches when the clock strikes the start of evening." Sari wore the eyepatch.

"I almost forgot about that." Hoya grumbled.

"Let's eat first." Sari took the apron and started to cook. They always take turns in cooking.

"Okay." Hoya took the dinner utensils and set out on the table.

 

After cooking, Hoya and Sari ate and the plates are completely clean even the serving dish they left it spotless.

"Well, that's really good." Hoya burped.

"Well, I cooked it." She boasted.

"Yeaahhhh." He rolled his eyes and Sari jabbed his side.

"Ack! That hurts. Why do you always hurt me?" He rubbed the sore spot.

"Because I am me." She grinned at him while her cousin is rubbing the aching part.

 

Sari and Hoya went to their respective workplace. The good thing is that they are near each other, so they can go home together at the same time when the shift's over.

Sari went to the cafe' aand greeted the manager and the employees. The other employee handed her the new uniform. She thanked her and went to change into it.

"Well, this is not bad" She closed her locker and went out to do her work but before that, her co-workers introduced themselves first for her.

"Hi there! I'm Amber! Nice to meet ya!" She showed her smile. Sari nodded back. She's a bit boyish, I can get along with her. Sari smiled in thought.

"You're way too quiet huh? The name's Gikwang." He held up his hands asking for a shake and you did the same. He gave you an eyesmile. 

But he saw your eyepatch, "Do you have an injury?" He pointed to your right eye.

Sari touched it, "Oh this? It's nothing."

"Ok, if you say so." Then, someone butted in.

"Hey, don't forget about me?!" The other employee shouted from the cash register. "I'm Yoseob! Nice to meet you. Um." 

Now it's Sari's turn, "I'm Kim Sari, the new waitress. Nice to meet you all." She said monotonously.

"Woah, talk about scary and gloomy." Amber crossed her arms and she went beside her. "Lighten up Sari, we're all friends here." Amber hanged her arms around her.

"Friends?" Sari blurted out unconsciously.

"Yeah!" Yoseob agreed and went to Sari's other side and held her arm.

Friends? She thought still felt confused. The only friend she had is her cousin, Hoya.

"Okay let's stop chitchating and let's get back to work because manager-nim is coming." Gikwang alerted the gang and went back to work.

The manager walked up to you and showed you the way, "Welcome Sari-ya, did you still remember my name?"

"You're manager Daniel Henney-ssi."

"Good memory but just call me Daniel, as they say we're friends here. Okay, I must leave you with the hands to Gikwang. He will teach you what you needed to know." 

Sari bowed and the manager called Gikwang. He said yes and came to teach you.

"Okay, I am going to be your trainer for today. Actually being a waitress is pretty simple. You just need to ask what they needed and list it on your pad. If you saw the customers leaving and left the table messy, clean it up. Got it?"

She nodded and noted it mentally.

"Of course, the important thing is to smile." Gikwang patted her back signalling to get start working.

Smile? She sighed. That is really not her thing.

 

Meanwhile...

Hoya had a fun night at the convenience store. He met a new friend, Seo Inguk. He doesn't really have a hard time dealing with him. Then he suddenly remembered his cousin. How is she doing? 

"Hey, you're shift's over." Seo Inguk interrupted Hoya's train of thoughts.

"Thanks. Are you sure you guys are all right?" Hoya asked worried about him.

"No worries, we got it covered." Seo Inguk and he fist bumped.

Hoya said his goodbyes to his other co-workers.

He walked out and decided to fetch Sari in her workplace. Only just a few blocks away from his workplace.

When he arrived, he entered the place and he saw Sari tending to the customers. She helped cleaning up the tables and giving a hand to her other co-workers.

"Is that really you Sari?" He rubbed his eyes and took a look at her.

"She really is." He entered inside even more and Sari noticed his presence.

"Öh. He's here." After Sari finished her duties, she went to her manager and to her co-workers bidding goodbye since her shift's over.

But Amber stopped her, "Sari, is that your boyfriend?'' 

"Is it?" Yoseob appeared from nowhere.

Gikwang heard it and frowned.

"Nope, he's my cousin." Sari said truthfully. 

Gikwang felt relieved in some way and he doesn't know why.

Hoya approached Sari and they went home together.


Author's note: Another update. Not gonna update in another week. Ciao! Please subscribe and comment.