A Day with Woohyun

Last Descendants

Chapter XIV: A Day with Woohyun

 

After a whole day of boring lectures, the gang and cousins finally came out from the school building.

"Finally!! I can smell the air of freedom." Sungyeol sang as he stretch his long arms into the air.

"It's too early to say that, we got exams by the last week of the month." Sunggyu broke Sungyeol's happy face.

"And you have to remind me that, Sunggyu hyung?" Sungyeol hanged low as he gloomed over by the words he said.

"Don't worry, we still got a week left to enjoy." Myungsoo brightened him up as he patted his back.

"Yeah, right." Sungyeol snorted.

The gang walk as a group together, meanwhile, Hoya and Sari behind the Infinite, who are still bickering and having pity party with themselves.

Hoya nudged Sari, "Hey, do you want to study early today then have sparring sessions later?"

Good thing the cousins gave them a day off from the part-time job at this same day.

"Sure. I really need help with history too." Sari grimmed. "Past is in the past, why do we have to recall it?"

It's already painful as it is. Sari thought sadly.

"I can help you with that, no worries." Hoya ruffled Sari's medium cut hair that is rounded up in a low ponytail.

"You always making my hair a mess." Sari blew a raspberry.

"Your hair is easy to fix without using a hairbrush." Hoya said truthfully.

"Then fix it for me, you ruined it." She stuck her tongue out.

"Ok, then. Come here." Sari went before Hoya and let him fix her hair up. He removed the ponytail from her hair slowly as it smoothly glided through her heir untangled.

"You're perfect for a shampoo commercial model." He commented but Sari grumbled.

"No, thanks. I love my life as it is." She muttered.

Then Hoya fixed her hair up in a high ponytail in less than a few minute.

"There! Done. Now let me look at you." Hoya went before her to take a good look and he gulped.

"Thanks, couz." She smiled happily. "You're great at this." Sari had her hair up in a high ponytail with a loose bangs that let it slide on the right side of her head in which Hoya thought she looks mesmerizing.

Hoya stared at her for a longer minute but she broke it as she went nearer in front of him.

"Hey, are you alright?" Sari waved her hand in front of his face.

"Y-yeah, let's go." Hoya quickly turned around but Woohyun suddenly came up to them.

"Sari, do you remember that we should hang out today?" Woohyun reminded.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I kind of forgot." She apologized then Woohyun took a good look at Sari and adjusted his collar shirt. "Wow, y-you look so beautiful today." Woohyun blurted out and blushed.

Hoya then suddenly felt a pang of jealousy and disappointment, unknown to him.

"You guys really compliment me way too much. But thanks." She said as she gripped on the strap of he school backpack.

"Well, let's go." Woohyun ushered her but Sari first apologized to her cousin.

"Sorry couz, we can study and do sparring sessions tomorrow." Sari put her hands together and bowed apologetically. "See you." She waved and walked with Woohyun out of the school premises.

Hoya then stood there in the middle of the almost empty school campus as he waved his hand a little too late, feeling lonely.

"You've really changed Sari." He muttered softly.

"I shouldn't have read that letter. That darn letter." He added bitterly but he knew to himself that he has a chance. It is just, his life changed entirely now that he knew. He is not really a part of the clan, he was taken in by Sari's uncle while on a mission. Because the old village he was in was crumbled and all life has gone. So they decided to take him in since he was the only living thing alive back then.

Fate does really play tricks on him. A harsh reality of truth but he took it very well since Sari is there with him. It doesn't matter to him anymore. A girl who gave him meaning to his life.

"It doesn't matter, as long as you're here with me."

"I will protect you with all my life."

Then a strong gush of wind with leaves dancing in the air past above him.

 

Meanwhile, Woohyun and Sari walked side by side at the park with ice cream cones on their hand, it deliciously. Especially Sari who is finishing the whole strawberry ice cream leaving the cone itself.

"Woah, you're so fast." Woohyun glanced at Sari's cone.

"I usually eat fast no matter how good it is." Sari took a big bite of the wafer cone goofily.

Woohyun stifled a laugh from what he saw, "But you should enjoy the taste of the food, slowly."

"I know. It's just I am used to it." Sari explained as he tossed the last bit of the cone into .

"Is it because of being a samurai?" Woohyun asked curiously.

"Maybe or it's just me." She replied unsure as she crossed her arms.

"Maybe it's just really you." Woohyun finshed his ice cream to the last bite.

"Hey, do you want to sit on the bench?" Woohyun asked Sari who is gazing at the sky peacefully.

"Sure." Sari nodded and Woohyun noticed a stain on her right lip.

"Wait just a minute." Woohyun pulled out his handkerchief and wiped the stain gently from her lips. Sari flinched at the sudden contact and felt slightly embarassed.

"T-thanks." She quickly regained composure as she thanked him.

"No problem." Woohyun smiled and ushered Sari to the bench.

 

Hoya, who is all alone at the apartment at the moment, is trying to focus on meditating but he constantly kept thinking about her.

He suddenly clutched and messed his hair in distress.

"Goodness graciousness, I can't focus." He plopped on his bed and put an arm over his eyes.

"What's the point?" He muttered in a tired voice. Then he glanced at his study table.

"Might as well study." He jumped out from his bed and trudgingly made his way to the desk.

He absentmindedly took the history textbook from the pile of books and opened it.

"Seriously!" He exclaimed in utter disbelief.

"Forget it. Might as well get some fresh air." Hoya jumped out from his seat and took his now most prized possession purple jacket.

 

The sky slowly turned dark and Sari alertedly wore her eye patch. Woohyun curiously watched her wear it.

"Oh, does your eye turn different when it's night time?" He asked curiously as he leaned comfortably on the bench.

"Yes." She answered simply as she took in a big breath and exhaled slowly.

Silence took over as the two leaned on the bench comfortably gazing at the visible stars in the night sky.

Woohyun knew the she loves the silence so he kept quiet and just sat there with her quietly.

Sari gazed longingly at the night sky thinking about her parents, Master Yunho and to her cousin, Hoya.

Her heart goes a loud thumped when he thought of him.

Huh? She questioned herself in thought.

Woohyun took the advantage of gazing at Sari's facial features when she isn't looking. He gazed from her hairline to her sharp soft eyes that is visible to the left with a scar hidden above the eyebrows, and then to her perfectly cute small nose and to her slightly chapped lips which is parted slightly. Woohyun taught she is perfect in every way because for being natural and she is for who she is. 

Then he suddenly had the urge of what a man wanted to do but he thought it is going to be a bad idea. He remembered she is a samurai trained enough to kill someone in an instant , if you're not careful.

He leaned back on the bench dejectedly then he suddenly thought of a question that could throw Sari in a state of bewilderment.

"Sari, have you ever been in love?" Woohyun asked out of the blue that made Sari looked at him in confusion.

She thought for a minute and answered that he was unexpected of,

"Yes. Love for my parents, to uncle and auntie. Of course, Master Yunho and Hoya." She replied as she counted on her fingers.

"No, that's now what I am talking about." Woohyun patiently said as Sari thought that she already knew it.

"No, because of the things happened. I don't have time for it." Sari stoically replied. I still have to avenge for my parent's death, the clan, and Master Yunho.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Woohyun apologized and he knew what she meant.

"That's ok." The most common lie that people will answer.

"Well, if not, then what do you think of me?" Woohyun asked a sudden question that made Sari knit her eyebrows in confusion, oh how innocent she is.

"What about you?" She asked confused. "Well, I think you're a good friend."

"A good friend, huh?" Woohyun muttered silently as he hanged his head low. Then he thought of a rival to Sari's heart.

"Then what about Myungsoo?" He asked again stubbornly.

"Him? Hmm." Sari thought as he is anticipating for her answer.

"He is sure very annoying but he is a good friend too." Sari said surely of her words.

Woohyun stopped asking and thought about some things, then a thought came to him which made him realize something.

"Last question. What do you think of your cousin?" He asked with a loud thumping of his heart, nervous on what she has about say. 

Sari suddenly brightened up at the thought of him. She thought longer and smiled unknowingly.

"Hoya is the person that I cannot live without." She spoke those words freely and naturally from , a words that came from her heart.

Woohyun felt his heart broken like a glass fell on the floor into a thousands shards.

What if, what if her cousin is not really her cousin at all? From the looks of it, Hoya right now, in Woohyun's perspective, is way too protective of her. After that certain day spending into the clan house.

I lost.


Author's note: I hope you enjoyed reading. I'm going to have a poll if you wanted history of Hoya and Sari. Please do comment. Annyeong!! 

Random thought: I want to dance again!! I am so inspired right now by Infinite H. I love them so much, they make me feel so happy.