A Fight?!

Last Descendants

Chapter XV: A Fight?!

 

After Sari spent the day with Woohyun, she went home accompanied by him and they're now in front of the apartment building.

"Thanks for today Woohyun, I really felt relaxed." Sari bowed and thanked him.

"U-um, yeah. Same here." Woohyun gave her a forced smile. He can't seem to grasp the truth, if it is really the truth and he must find out.

"Usually, you'll ask me way too many questions but a while ago you seem quiet." Sari felt bothered about it but she shrugged.

Woohyun patted her head unknowingly and said, "Don't worry, I just want to make our hangout be more peaceful. For you."

He smiled warmly and Sari nodded.

"Thanks, so see you around. Bye." Sari went in quickly to the apartment building.

When she disappeared in Woohyun's sight, he became frazzled and messed his hair.

"Don't give up Woohyun, you still have time." Woohyun slightly slapped both of his cheeks with his hands and fired up.

He knew that he seems lost but he will do whatever it takes to make Sari his.

"I need to confirm this."

 

"Hoya, I'm home." She called out as she entered the apartment but no one answered.

"Couz? Are you here?" Sari asked again and confirmed he's not here.

Where could he be? Sari glanced around and went to the other side of the window.

She approached and looked out then she saw a person with a purple hoodie sitting on the bench near the playground.

"There you are." Sari grinned and decided to jump out from the window. Their apartment is located on the 4th floor.

She jumped out carefully and landed gracefully at the soft grass.

"Geez couz, I thought you're already asleep in there but-" Sari approached him but when she took a peek at him. He was fast asleep with earphones plugged in both of his ears.

"Well, you are really asleep." She tucked her hands in to her blazer's pockets as the wind blew past to them.

Sari shivered and her cousin seems to be in deep sleep.

"Well, this is a first. You sleep like a log." She snickered. Sari decided to sit beside him and gaze at the stars.

Then she started to feel drowsy all of a sudden, "Well, this place makes me feel sleepy."

She rubbed her eye and glanced at her cousin. She went nearer and stared at him. She never looked at him that much so she used this time to look at him better.

She then started from his hair to his forehead, then to his thick eyebrows which complements his whole facial appearance. When she glanced at his eyes, it's pretty cute and also his nose.

"No wonder girls in our clan surrounded you all the time."

Sari stepped back a bit and patted her cheeks, No, did I just think that?

She shook her head and leaned back on the bench again but she had the urge to look at him fully and completely.

Just last look. 

She then gazes at his lips which is... pulling her in?

Then to his y jawline.

She forced to close her eyes and looked away.

"Damn it, this is not you Sari. What's gotten into you?" She mumbled when she felt the bench move.

"What's what?" Hoya drowsily said and Sari gotten red.

"N-nothing." She stuttered but composed herself quickly.

Then Hoya became fully awake, "Oh you're here. When did you come?"

He yawned and Sari faced him now that she composed herself.

"Not long but I just found you right now." Sari partly lied.

"Oh I see, you took too long." Hoya yawned again.

"You waited for me?" She asked surprised.

"Yes, I'm kind of worried." Hoya blurted out and bit his tongue. I thought a lot about you and it's driving me crazy.

"You? Worried? Are you ok?" Sari looked at him in surprise. "It's just Woohyun and I'm a samurai."

"I'm fine. I just don't want you to get hurt again, like last time." Hoya explained as he put the earphones away.

"I know but don't baby me. I can defend myself now since I've improved." Sari defended herself as she felt somewhat aggravated.

"Don't get angry. I just want to protect you." Hoya firmly held Sari's shoulders. She calmed down and hanged her head low.

"Sorry, you're just way too protective of me. It's kind of suffocates me." She honestly said with a low voice.

Hoya felt a pang of pain in his heart at that one word. Suffocate. But he kept his negative feelings in.

"Sorry, if I 'suffocate' you." Hoya gulped down hard and he quickly stood up from the bench and went first.

"Hoya! Wait! It's not-" Before she finished her sentence, Hoya went in to the apartment in a blink of an eye.

Sari used her fist to punch the bench hardly, "Sari, you idiot!"

Sparing no time, Sari quickly jumped out from her seat and went into the building in a flash. She doesn't want to end this day with bad note, especially her most important person in her life.

 

As she landed safely on the opened window, she jumped in gracefully into their apartment and trudged her way to Hoya's bedroom.

This is the first time Sari felt bad for about what she said, oh how careless can she be. Thos are the wrong words to say. Hoya has been there for her for whole her life, the one who guides her, protects her, cares for her, understands her. And she broke that by saying 'suffocate'. 

Sari stood in front of Hoya's door to his bedroom. Not knowing on what to do, she stood there for a minute. She shook the negative thoughts away, she just need to apologize. That's all, right?

Sari brought her hand up in a fist, ready to knock the door. But suddenly the door opened revealing him, who is still in a grim mood expressing hurt.

Sari clutched her hand to her chest and looked up at him, "H-hoya, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way."

She clenched her fists tightly feeling all the guilt in her. Hoya saw that she became devastated and is hurting herself badly with her hands. He can't tolerate it anymore so he pull her in a comforting embrace.

Sari flinched but softened after a while and she let her hands down and hugged him back.

"Apology accepted. You understand why I say those words to you, right?" Hoya Sari's hair while still embracing her.

"I know. I'm sorry for being so stubborn." She apologized again, her eyes became hot.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm not that mad, I was just hurt." He continued her hair in a comforting manner and Sari let her tears fall.

"Aigoo, my baby is crying. This is a first." He slightly teased and Sari slapped his back.

"Ya, jinjja." She sniffed and continued, "Because it feels hurtful when I hurt you. I may be strong on the outside but I really care for you. I really don't want to hurt you."

She admitted it with all her heart and Hoya was surprised to hear those words from her. He suddenly smiled and he felt all warm and fuzzy all of a sudden. He hugged her tightly in his arms.

"That made me feel better. Thank you, Sari." Hoya's negative feelings fade away.

Sari broke the hug and wiped the tears but Hoya stopped her. Instead, he was the one who wiped it all and her right cheek. She felt goosebumps all over and she stared at Hoya's eyes. He stared back at her too.

Sari suddenly felt warm inside and felt something that she never felt before.

What is this? Sari thought and her heart gave a big thump.

Sari suddenly held Hoya's hand and let it down.

"T-thanks, it's already past 12. Good night." She said and quickly went to her bed.

Hoya just stood there dumbfounded and he suddenly realized on what he has done. He covered his face in embrassment.

"Hoya, you fool." He mumbled and his face has turned red.

 

"Good morning couz! I made ham and eggs. American style breakfast." Sari chirped and prepared the dining utensils on the table and Hoya trudged sleepily on the way to the dining table. However, when he saw her his mind woke up entirely.

Sari wore a frilly blue apron and her hair in a high ponytail. He noticed just now that her hair is getting longer. Then a ray of sunlight lightened up at the background.

Hoya started thinking weird thoughts, She would make a better housewife.

"Did you say something?" She asked curiously.

He snapped out and smiled sheepishly.

"N-nothing. Let's eat." Hoya sat down on his chair. Both of them gave thanks.

"Thanks for the food." He started chowing down and Sari did too. Sari felt glad seeing him eating happily. For her, it seems this day is different from other days but she wondered why.

 

"Oh yeah, I promised you to do training with you and study for exams next week." Sari remembered and took her school materials with her. She put it on the center table in the living room and plopped down.

Hoya took his school materials too and sat down beside her.

"Well, I'll be the only one who can teach you history." Hoya smugged at Sari.

"Ugh, history. That's for later. Let's just do other subjects first." She took out the first book and started reviewing.

"Okay then." He started reviewing too.

 

"Finally! We're done!!" Sari stood up from her seat and raised her arms in celebration. She suddenly danced in a weird way.

Hoya stifled a laughter as he brought his hand to cover his mouth.

"You and your weird antics." He shook his head in amusement.

"Well, you're used to it." She finished in a strange striking pose then she dragged Hoya up.

"Let's go training now." She grinned and pushed Hoya to his room. "W-woah."

"Get your katana. See you on the rooftop." Sari quickly took her katana and zoomed in to the rooftop.

Hoya just sweatdropped, "What's gotten into her?"

 

At the rooftop, Sari gazed at the clear blue sky.

"Waah, neomu yeppeoseo." Sari used her hand to not get blinded by the sun.

"I'm here. Let's start." Hoya saw Sari faced him with a serious aura.

"Here I go!" Sari charged head on first as Hoya dodged it easily. He then attacked her by slashing horizontally as Sari jumped over it and counter attacked him.

Hoya blocked it with his katana but the weight is overwhelming for him so he retreated back and let out a breath.

They continued on and on in their sparring session as the sun was too high which seems the heat has risen signalling noon.

"Tired?" Sari taunted and gave him a smirk.

"Nope." He lied, "The sun was too hot."

"Oh really?" She raised a brow at him and Hoya sighed, "I admit, you're getting better."

Sari let out a victorious laugh, "I thought so. Admitting it is not so bad, right?"

"Don't let it get to your head." Hoya reminded her and Sari shrugged, "I won't, of course."

"You're not so bad yourself, couz." Sari went to Hoya and helped him up as he staggered a little.

"Thanks." He stood up completely and ruffled Sari's hair covered in sweat.

"Hey, my hair is messy as it was." She removed her ponytail and let her hair free.

"Even though, it is messy you are still beautiful no matter what." He blurted out unknowingly but his voice has a different tone into it.

And Sari faced him in perplex, "H-hey, are you serious?" What's wrong with me? Sari suddenly put her hand on her chest.

"Huh?" Hoya looked up at her and Sari's face is redder than usual.

"I'm serious and how about you? Are you alright?" Hoya put his hand on her forehead to measure her temperature.

"You're warm but it's not that hot. You're face is so red like a tomato." He chuckled.

Sari slapped his hands away, "I'm fine and you know that my face turns like this after a long workout."

"Yeah I know." Hoya nodded. That's what I like about you, too. 

He won't deny it anymore.


Author's note: Hm, I don't know about this update but I hope you enjoyed reading it. I love Infinite H, fighting! Infinite fighting! Inspirit fighting! Annyeong! *waves goodbye