Please don't bother me...

Last Descendants

Chapter III: Please don't bother me...

They were walking home together at that night while Hoya brought something from the convenience store that was given from his co-worker, his so called best friend in an instant. But of course, Hoya thought that his number one best friend is Sari.

Out of the blue, He stifled a chuckle and Sari turned to look at him weirdly.

"Why are you laughing?" She raised a brow, waiting for an answer from him.

"I just heard from your colleagues if I'm your boyfriend. It's just funny." Hoya stifled another laugh.

Sari just snorted, "Why am I not suprised?"

"But," Hoya interrupted and paused contemplating when he would say it.

"If I'm not related to you by blood, I would have considered it." He continued smiling at the ridiculous thought.

"That's ridiculous." Sari slightly blushed at the confession and averted her face away from him.

"That's what I thought." Hoya rubbed his nape in embarassment.

Then there was awkward silence between of them but he broke it, "Don't worry, I'm satisfied the way we are. I'm just so happy to be your cousin, your best friend and your brother."

Sari looked at him genuinely touched at his words. She wished nothing more in her life but to stay with him forever, as a cousin, best friend and as a sister.

"Same." She agreed and smiled at him and he smiled back at her.

They fist bumped.

But that almost perfect moment broke when someone unknown targeted them using a kunai separating them and the cousins dodged it, they sensed danger and warily sensed the unknown person's aura. The cousins removed their eyepatches that sealed their true powers, the blue fire heterochromic eye, and the katanas instantly appeared in their grasp as it transported from their apartment into their own hands.

They stood back to back from each other and Sari shouted, "Show yourself!!"

When the silence still continued on, Hoya used the time to sense the enemy's aura, for as far as he guessed.

Hoya became vigilant as he sensed the aura seems to be from...

"Sari above us!!" The cousins quickly dodged as the assassin strike his sword vertically, separating them again.

Hoya quickly regained and attacked the assassin from behind and slashed him diagonally, unfortunately, the enemy sensed it and somersaulted in the air.

Sari used this chance to strike him from above and tried to stabbed him but failed when the enemy disappeared like smoke and went behind her. She sensed it quickly but failed to evade the attack from the enemy and she cursed in pain. The attack involved stabbing her in the right midriff of her body. She coughed up blood.

"Sari!!" Hoya shouted and quickly charged at the enemy but his purpose is to save Sari from falling hard on the ground.

Hoya caught her and let her lean on the wall. She continued gritting her teeth in pain and her closed eyes clamped intensely.

"S**t." Sari cursed under her ragged breathing and covered in blood.

The enemy felt satisfied and he smirked under his yokai mask then disappeared from the battle.

Hoya sensed that he's gone, he quickly tended his cousin as he took out his reserved bandage from his pocket and wrapped it around Sari's right midriff where the assassin stabbed her.

"Relax Sari, I got you covered." He completely wrapped the bandage for now and took her in his arms and flash stepped away from the scene. He quickly arrived at the apartment in a matter of minutes.

Sari is now lying on the sofa, her eyes closed in pain still breathing hardly.

Hoya went quickly to his room and took out his first aid kit. He kneeled beside her and tended the wound slowly but surely to prevent from hurting her.

He removed the bandage first as what he did earlier, just to prevent from losing blood. Before raising up her shirt, Hoya asked her permission first. Sari can't speak it out so she nodded her head in response as he heard it.

He raised her shirt halfway and sterilized the wound and used the secret medicinal cream that is passed down in generations. Sari kept cursing from pain but the wound started to heal up as he rubbed the cream over the wound . However, it needs stitching up so it would close the wound. Hoya took out the curved needle and the surgical suture, he's no doctor but he learned this from their clan. She groaned in pain again as he started stitching the wound without using anesthesia as it would hurt a lot.

"Sorry, I didn't say that this would hurt. Just hold out a little bit longer." He continued stitching and finished it up.

After that, he took out the bandage from his kit and covered the stitched wound on her right midriff.

He finished it by putting the medical tape to put the bandage in place.

"Wow, you're very calm when it comes to this." She commented on her cousin's way of treating her. "You're very good with this.

"Not really, I'm actually pretty nervous." He took out the antibiotics and painkillers from his first aid kit and gave it to her. "Done and here are the medicines." Sari slowly sat up as he assisted her.

"Drink this twice a day for 10 days." She took the medicines from his grasped.

As she glanced up, she saw her cousin's face full of concern.

"Hey, don't be like that." Sari patted him on his shoulder. "Thanks for treating me couz."

"You know I'm always gonna die worrying about you." He patted her head and slightly ruffled it.

"Yeah, yeah. You're always like that." She slightly slapped his hands away.

She sent him the I-am-fine look. He just sighed.

"Can you walk?" He asked since it's already midnight and she really needed to rest for a complete healing.

She just gave him a sarcastic look, "What am I? A baby. Of course I can walk."

He stuck his tongue out, "Of course, you're the Almighty Sari. You don't need any help despite being badly injured."

"Are you teasing me?" She glared at him and smacked him on the head.

"Ya!! How could you do that to your savior?!" He rubbed the sore spot.

"Well, at least you still have the energy. But please refrain from moving too much or the wound will open." He reminded Sari.

"Yes seonsaengnim." She sarcastically replied and slowly stood up.

"Oh and change your clothes. You're so bloody. Goodnight " Hoya added happily and he also stood up from his place and went in to his bedroom. Sari also did the same.

"Overly protective couz." She mumbled under her breath after changing her clothes and went to sleep.

 

The next morning, Sari had a good sleep and tried to stretch her arms out.

But she retreated back and clutched in pain.

"Ack!! How could I forgot?" The incident yesterday slipped from her mind and it's very ridiculous to forget it from her point of view.

She took a glance from her wound if it's healing and sighed as she saw the bleeding nearly stopped.

She jumped out from the bed slowly and wore her slippers. She walked out from the room and noticed that the apartment is eerily quiet.

She went to the dinner table and saw a food ready in place with a note.

She plucked out the note from under the glass of water and read it out.

Good morning couz!!

I didn't bother to wake you up since you're badly injured.

Don't be stubborn, ok? Just eat the breakfast I prepared for you.

Be a good cousin and stay home. Just relax.

Love from your awesome and caring cousin,

- Hoya <3

 

Sari's first reaction to the note is crunching her face in disgust, "What the hell couz? A heart?"

That's the first thing she noticed, a heart.

She went face to face with fridge and stuck the paper with the magnet in place.

She sat on the chair and ate the breakfast in peace. She glanced at the clock and grinned evilly.

"Of course, I'll be a good cousin." She snickered.

After she ate the breakfast and washed the dishes, she went to her room and did the next thing that her cousin is against.

 

Hoya arrived earlier in the class and used his spare time to study in advance. He felt something is going to happen today that made him uneasy.

"For once, please listen to me." He sighed and continued reading the literature book.

 

Sari arrived on time in school wearing her favorite headphones listening to orchestral music that soothes her nerves. As if like forgetting the pain from where the enemy had injured her. Fortunately, the wound is not visible and is covered by her uniform with a blazer.

She entered the campus in her own little world and bumped someone, she didn't bother to say sorry. She just yawned tiredly but inside her mind she groaned in pain but shrugged it off. I hope the stitches is still in place.

 

Unknown to her, the whole campus gaped at her for her bold actions. They muttered something bad about her and about her being so courageous. She just blocked the way of someone important, in the fangirls perception but not to Kim Sari.

And also, she just bumped to a one member of the idol group, INFINITE, without apologizing as she just kept continue walking like nobody's there.

The members took a look at her especially the one who bumped her.

"Hey, you." He approached her and stopped her in her tracks as he placed his hands on her shoulders facing her back.

He spun her around to face them but Sari just raised a brow without a care.

"You should apologize." He said nicely.

Sari removed her headphones and muttered, "What did you say again?"

"You. I said apologize." He repeated but is now losing his patience.

"Why? You're the one who is blocking the way." She snorted and mentally cursed, Jerk.

"Why you little-?!" Someone on his group stopped him.

"Just let it go Myungsoo." Woohyun said as he patted his friend's shoulder.

Sari stood there confused to what was happening when an aching pain attacked her. Woohyun noticed that as he glanced up to her. She is in pain? 

"Please go now." Woohyun ushered her away and she complied with a sigh of relief.

Finally! She wore her headphone again and continued walking.

As Myungsoo finally calmed down, Woohyun let go of his shoulder.

"Wow, she's so awesome." Sungjong awed.

"She's different. I like her." Dongwoo grinned. "I agree with you hyung." Sungyeol amusedly agreed.

Myungsoo cannot deny the fact that she's tolerable than the other girls around them.

While Woohyun felt worried about her.

 

She came back in her own little world as she arrived at her respective classroom and opened the door. She glanced at her cousin and smirked. He still didn't notice me.

She started walking up to him while not disturbing him reading the literature book. She now stood in front of him.

 

Hoya noticed someone in front of him, he looked up and gaped at the stubborn female.

"I told you to stay at home!" He facepalmed and Sari just snickered.

"It's way too boring. I know I prefer to sleep but I need to study you know. The wound is not an excuse from keeping me absent and besides, I don't want anyone to know why this happened to me." She said as a matter of fact as she pointed the wound with her index finger.

"I don't care. I can say you have a fever. I want you completely healed." He said worriedly but with a hint of anger in his tone.

Sari flinched, "I'm sorry." She apologized and hanged her head down, she knew that she is at fault but she wanted to attend the class.

Hoya widened his eyes in realization and it struck him that he just got angry at her. This is a first and he felt bad.

"Don't be. I should be sorry. I just got angry at you." He paused and continued, "I am just worried about you. You nearly died."

He became teary eyed and Sari saw that, her heart twitched in pain.

"I know, I know." She went beside him and she patted his back.

"Wow, we're so dramatic aren't we?" Hoya laughed awkwardly.

"Shut up." She chuckled.

They both laughed.

Good thing there are only a few students in the classroom and they're studying or they would have seen the dramatic scene between the cousins.

 

At lunch, Hoya and Sari  took the usual place away from the massive crowd gathering at the other side. They ate joyfully forgetting their little fight from earlier if it was really a fight. Well, the fight that they consider is involving their sharp katanas.

Meanwhile on the other side, Woohyun kept glancing from here to there if she can spot the girl from earlier. He really wanted to talk to her if she's fine.

Sunggyu saw what his friend doing and nudged at him, "What are you looking for?"

Woohyun snapped out and asked from what he said earlier, "Huh? What did you say?"

Sunggyu raised a brow at him and grinned, "Wait, let me rephrase that. Who are you looking for?"

"Me? Uh, nothing." He lied.

"Then why are you looking around?" Sunggyu continued to and Woohyun needed to find a good excuse.

"W-well, I'm looking for the menu board if there's still something I can eat." Then Sunggyu gazed at his food plate which is still full.

"Yeeaah. Riiighht." He trailed and nudged Sungyeol beside him.

"Woohyun's looking for someone." Sunggyu whispered to him. Sungyeol's ears perked up and leaned in from the juicy information.

"Who?!" Sungyeol exclaimed loudly but Sunggyu slapped him to quiet down.

"I don't know." Then both of them glanced discreetly at Woohyun who is still looking again for her.

"I think it's a girl." Sungyeol whispered to the leader and he nodded in agreement.

 

The cousins finished eating and decided to go on the rooftop with their spare time.

They stood up from where they are seating and Woohyun saw her finally with a guy. His heart pricked and lingerec for a while. He doesn't know why he care so much for her when she was in pain awhile ago. It's confusing him but nevermind that, he needs to go up to her and asks if she's fine. And also, to find out who is with her. Wait, what? He shrugged it off.

He quickly stood up from where he is sitting, "Guys I'm gonna go. I have something to do. Go on ahead without me."

The five guys looked at him with confusion but Sunggyu and Sungyeol got the point. Both of them snickered and the other guys averted their attention to them.

"Ok, spill." Sungjong demanded.

 

When the cousins are now on the rooftop, Hoya and Sari looked at the slightly ajar door.

"Someone's been following us." Hoya muttered to her and she nodded.

She took a step and stoically said, "Come out whoever you are."

Woohyun hesitated for a bit but he came out from behind the door.

"H-hi?" Woohyun raised his hand as a greeting. 

Hoya and Sari looked at each other and back to him. "What do you want from her?" Hoya asked.

Suddenly Woohyun felt weird, "I'm going to ask if she's fine. She was in pain earlier." He honestly said.

He saw that. Sari mentally slapped herself for being careless.

"I am fine, don't worry." She closed her eyes as she put her right hand on the hip.

"That's good." Woohyun mentally sighed in relief but anxiety never left from what he is feeling.

"Sorry for bothering you with your boyfriend." Woohyun blurted out but didn't care. he just felt weird.

Suddenly, Hoya laughed hardly clutching his stomach as he is gasping for air. Sari just pinched her nose bridge.

"That's the second time." Hoya still laughing.

Woohyun looked up to them in confusion.

Hoya stopped and recovered from his laughing fit, "Unfortunately, she is not my girlfriend. She is my cousin."

"Oh." Woohyun said in embarassment. "I see, sorry for mistaking your relationship." He rubbed at his nape.

"That's fine. I am so happy with it. Right? My darling." Hoya placed his arm around Sari as he .

Woohyun felt a wave of new strange feeling he doesn't like.

Sari glared at Hoya and jabbed at his side that made him broke the contact. He rubbed at the sore spot on his right waist where she struck him.

"Don't mind him." Sari said and Woohyun sweat dropped at the scene.

Scary. He thought.

 

At dismissal time, Hoya and Sari got out of their classroom feeling exhausted from their last period.

"That's so mentally draining." Hoya yawned and teared on his right eye.

Sari sighed, "I hate history."

"That's ironic. Our clan has a lot of history."

"Shut up." She scowled then she saw someone suddenly running at full speed. She saw the face and scrunched up her face in annoyance. It's the jerk. 

When Myungsoo is coming nearer, he shouted at them. "Get out of my way." He is chased by a few persistent fangirls who wants to hang out with him.

Sari quickly leaned on the wall beside Hoya when Myungsoo finally got past at them.

"That was very dangerous.", Hoya stated. "Good thing, you evaded or you would have-" He glanced up at her and stopped as he saw her clutching he waist in excruciating pain.

"Sari!!" Hoya quickly placed her arm around his neck and supported her. He flash stepped away when he saw no one was on the corridors.

 

When Hoya and Sari arrived quickly at their apartment by using flash step, he quickly helped her sit on the sofa. He ran quickly to his room and took the first aid kit. He went back and sat beside her where the wound is located.

"Sari, I'm just gonna take a look at your wound." She nodded and removed her blazer. She lifted her uniform halfway to show him the wound the last time Hoya tended.

He removed the tapes on the side and then the bandage completely baring the stitched wound.

"What the-" Hoya widened his eyes in fear.

"W-What happened?" Sari asked suddenly felt nervous.

"I should have taken the blow for you." Hoya clenched his fist tightly.


Author's rant: I can't help it, I'm overflowing with ideas. I said that I would not update. Oh by the way, I used the reference from BLEACH like flash step and the blue fire lighting up on their right eye is from Black Rock Shooter. I don't know about that anime but it looks cool so I added it. And the heterochromic eyes, it just came from my mind. It seems awesome. I'm an otaku ok! Actually, I'm not much of a kpop fan anymore but I still like to write fanfic. Hearing that B.A.P. will nullify their contract with T.S. ent and EXO members are leaving one by one. It's like Sayonara Amigo. What?! Mworagoyo?! Nani?! So I came back to watching anime and singing J-rock which is awesome. The korean girl group nowadays are disturbing me, they're way too seductive and provocative which I really hate. Likewise with the guys if there are any. They are influenced much by western. I hope they just stick for who they are. J-rock songs are better because it's still meaningful. I'm addicted to Mask by Aqua Timez. Try reading the english translation. Believe me, it's better. And also I'm sticking to Orchestral and Instrumental music. Contradicting from J-rock? Yeah. I'm weird, ok? AB+ unite!! ^_^

Please comment and subscribe. Thank you!

Oh and lastly, I still love Webtoons or Manhwa as they call it. Noblesse!! I love M-21 and Raizel.

Peace out!

dijeiaen~