Safe

Last Descendants

Chapter XXII: Safe

 

The world before Sari suddenly became pitch black and she fell to the ground. But she knew someone came for her rescue, she struggled to open her eyes and see who the person was. When she saw the purple hoodie that the guy was wearing, she knew now. A smile graced on her lips and lost consciousness.

Hoya.

 

"Annoying bodyguard." The assassin gritted his teeth in annoyance that his attempt to kill Sari has failed. Hoya managed to get there in time to defend Sari from the matter of life and death situation.

Hoya pushed the assassin back and tend to help Sari putting her on a safe place. When the assassin recovered from the force that made the assassin stumble, he charged forward and ed his sword targeting the vital part of Hoya's body, the heart.

Hoya set himself high on alert and barely managed to dodge from the assassin's fatal attack on him.

"Pretty good for a bodyguard." The assassin smirked, "But you're not as good as I am." He arrogantly said and continued attacking Hoya in full assault like on what he did to Sari that made her lost consciousness.

Hoya managed to defend the assassin's attack even though their battle is as fast as a cheetah. Like the battle has been fastforwarded. 

Hoya noticed that the assassin began to breathe hard and slow down. He started to think that he has a chance right now for the offense. He thought that Sari has wore him down greatly.

"Good job, Sari." Hoya muttered under his breath and charged forward to the assassin who is still catching his breath.

Hoya started to do a full assault on the assassin. The assassin defended the attacks from Hoya but the assassin seems to be slowing down and started to receive deep wounds from Hoya's vicious attacks.

"How dare you hurt Sari?!" Hoya shouted while doing his best to defeat the assassin.

The assassin suddenly felt the intolerable pain from all sides of his body and backed down.

"Sh*t!" He cursed. "Cursed annoying bodyguard."

"Soon, I will get you for this and kill the princess." The assassin angrily said and stormed out.

"Ya! Come back here! We're not done yet!" Hoya shouted and ran after to the assassin but he seems to be gone now.

"Damn." Hoya let his katana vanished from his right hand and ran after Sari.

Then the rain started to pour. Hoya kneeled down beside Sari and shook her lightly.

"Sari, wake up. Can you hear me? Sari-ah." Hoya softly whispered at Sari. His face expressed with excessive worry.

"Please wake up, Sari." Hoya pleaded and her left wounded cheek lightly.

Then Hoya leaned in and lightly kissed Sari's wounded cheek. "I love you." He softly and warmly said.

The rain stopped after a while and the clouds started to clear up revealing a starry night sky.

After a few seconds, Sari suddenly fidgeted and her eyes scrunched up. She struggled to get her eyes and she opened them ever so slowly, adjusting to the view. Then she felt somehow warm despite raining in the middle of the night.

"H-hoya?" She croaked.

Hoya teared up that is now mixed with the rain and hugged Sari tightly.

"Sari! Thank goodness." He cried while still hugging the wounded girl.

"Hoya, thank you. You saved me, again." She smiled but she suddenly coughed. Hoya broke the hug and let her lean on the wall. Hoya suddenly frowned, "I'm sorry I'm not here on time. I'm sorry I didn't protect you. I failed."

He clenched his fists tightly but Sari held his hands and soothed it in circles.

"You did protect me. What matters is that you really protected me and I am still alive." Sari said and smacked Hoya's head out of the blue. Hoya clutched his head.

"Ow! You still have the energy to do that?!" Hoya rubbed the are where Sari smacked.

"But thank you for making me feel better. I did save you." Hoya realized it and smiled.

"So stop crying, Hoaegi." Sari teased and Hoya stuck his tongue out, "I'm no baby."

"But you are to me, you just cried." Sari giggled and Hoya just let it slide.

Then Sari suddenly remembered, "Myungsoo!! We forgot freaktard!"

"Oh yeah, where is he?" Hoya asked.

"On the other side, let's go to him." Sari tried to stand up on her feet but she just stumbled and fell on her rear.

Hoya took Sari by helping her up and he put her arm around Hoya for support. Sari thanked and now they went to get Myungsoo.

When they arrived to where Myungsoo at, he is still laid unconscious on the ground but he is still breathing normally from their view.

Sari sighed in relief, "Thank goodness he is safe."

"Yeah, or we could be in serious danger." Hoya said.

"Let's wake him up." Sari said to Hoya and they went to Myungsoo's side.

Hoya let Sari kneel down on the ground beside the unconscious Myungsoo. Hoya stood beside Sari.

"Myungsoo, wake up!" Sari nudged Myungsoo and then she shook him lightly. When there is no sign of movement. Sari prepared Plan B.

"Myungsoo! Wake up!!" Sari shook him hardly that made Myungsoo quickly sat up from unconsciousness.

"What? Where am I?" Myungsoo clutched his head in pain and he suddely felt excruciating pain coming from his abdomen.

"Oh right, I've been knocked out by that monster." Myungsoo recalled.

"Are you okay?" Sari asked. Myungsoo whipped his head to Sari and his eyes widened in shock.

"Thank goodness, you're alive!" Myungsoo jumped out in joy from his thoughts.

"And yeah, I'm okay except for my abdomen. It damn hurts."

Then he suddenly saw that Hoya is there, he figured that Hoya saved her from death.

"Thank goodness you saved her man." Myungsoo gratefully said.

"It's my job to protect her no matter what the costs." Hoya truthfully said. They did the brotherly hug.

"Ok, now that we're done here. Let's go get treated." Sari said as she suddenly felt a sharp pain from her side from where she had been stabbed. Her face scrunched up in pain. Hoya saw it and helped her up.

"It's better not to be in the hospital." Hoya said.

"Then where?" Myungsoo asked as he stood up clutching his abdomen.

"To Boa unnie. It's a good thing we know her address." Sari replied and is now gritting her teeth.

"Okay, let's go." Hoya said and supported Sari to where Boa is. Myungsoo just followed them to where they are headed. He knew that he heard the name before but he can't seem to recall it.

 

"Oh my! What happened to you guys?" Boa gasped at the sight of the three. Then she ordered Hoya to put Sari on the wide sofa, "Please put her on the sofa, Hoya."

"You sit down on the small sofa." Boa ordered Myungsoo and she quickly gets her first aid kit hidden in her room.

In a flash, she came back with her own personal first aid kit that seems to be larger than the normal ones.

She first tended to Sari, but she forgot that Sari need to take off her clothes.

"Oops." Boa facepalmed. "Hoya!" She called out. Then Hoya came up to her, "Yes, noona?"

"Can you please bring Sari to my room? I forgot I have to take off her clothes." She sheepishly said.

Hoya and Myungsoo suddenly pinked.

"R-right. Ok." Hoya went to Sari's side and helped her up. Out of the blue, Sari suddenly smacked Hoya's head for the second time.

"You're thinking erted, are you?" She glared at Hoya.

"No, why would I?" Hoya defended and Myungsoo snickered at the background.

"I know that you are. I warn you." She threatened him. Boa let out an exasperated sigh.

"Can you just please continue your lover's quarrel later? My baby Sari is hurt! Her old wound might act up again."

"We're not lovers!" Both denied Boa's statement.

"Lies!" Then Boa ushered Hoya to help Sari up to Boa's room. "Ppali gayo, aedula."

Myungsoo suddenly felt slightly envious but he just let out a sigh. His bruised abdomen suddenly gotten painful.

 

"Okay, thank you Hoya. You may go out now." Boa thanked him and ushered him out of the room. She slammed the door shut.

Boa returned to her patient, Kim Sari, who is now lying on Boa's bed comfortably.

"Thank goodness I'm a nurse." Boa commented that made Sari chuckle.

"Maybe, it's fate that you became a nurse unnie." Sari added.

"I seriously am." Boa replied and start tending to Sari's injuries.

 

On the other side of the room, the two are now waiting for Sari to get tended from her wounds and injuries. Hoya sat down on the sofa, opposite from Myungsoo.

Myungsoo contemplated for a while if he will question about Hoya's true identity and feelings towards Sari. Myungsoo is no stranger about Hoya's rumored secret. Myungsoo also knew that Woohyun also suspected Hoya as not related to Sari at all. Myungsoo decided to confirm it today.

"Hyung." Myungsoo called out to Hoya.

"Yeah?" Hoya looked up and saw Myungsoo's serious expression.

Then Myungsoo started questioning, "What is your true relationship with Sari?"

Hoya has been taken aback from Myungsoo's sudden question.

Will he tell the truth or not?


Author's note: I decided to give you guys a double update since it's been so long since I updated. I hope you enjoyed reading. Annyeong!