A Sudden Hangout

Last Descendants

Chapter XIX: A Sudden Hangout

 

After eating a hearty meal in the morning, the duo decided to burn some calories by training on the rooftop. They do all kinds of swinging and slashing at each other with seriousness as the sweat beads pour out from their heads.

For the final attack, Sari managed to almost leave a scratch to Hoya when she rotated 360 degrees in the air and attacked him with a bamboo sword.

"Woah!! You almost killed me." Hoya exaggerated for a minute there and Sari landed on her feet. She approached him by walking briskly towards him.

"Sorry, are you hurt?" Sari looked for the any scratch but there isn't any. She looked worried for a second and Hoya saw it.

"Supposed to be, you should be saying, 'Don't be such a baby.'" Hoya chuckled and smiled to himself when he knew that the insensitive Sari changed a little bit.

"Oh shut up." Sari walked away and unknowingly her cheeks flushed even more. But fortunately it is covered because of the heat from the sun and excessive training.

 

They finished training hours ago and now the two are decided to relax for this day. Hoya took a seat beside Sari on the sofa and Sari's phone suddenly rang.

Sari didn't want to take the call and pretended it is nothing. Hoya urged her to take it since it is rude not to take the call. Sari just grumbled and took the call.

"Yoboseyo." Sari monotonously answered the call.

"Wow, what a way to say hello." The caller replied sarcastically.

"Who's this?" Sari asked since she didn't saw the caller id.

"It's Myungsoo. Are you free today?" Myungsoo asked directly and didn't beat around the bush.

Sari contemplated for a second and about to answer no but she suddenly heard the doorbell rang.

Sari and Hoya got up from the sofa and walked to the door to see who it is.

But according to what aura they felt from the other side, it must be him.

Sari took the phone and replied, "It's you, isn't it?"

Hoya just took a seat back on the sofa and meditated. He just wanted a day with Sari to relax but it's been destroyed.

Myungsoo, on the other side, has been taken aback from her response but he knew that she can recognize someone from far away.

"Yes, please open the door." Myungsoo begged.

"No. I'm not free." Sari replied back without hesitation.

"Oh come on, you promised." Myungsoo begged again and Sari complied.

"Fine. I'll change first." Sari said and ended the call.

"W-wai-" Before Myungsoo could say anything, the call ended.

"You should have let me in first." He mumbled under his breath. "Geez."

 

After a few minutes, Sari went out from her bedroom and Hoya saw Sari changed into her going-out clothing. Hoya removed his earphones and asked her, "You're going out?"

Sari nodded, "I'll be back by dinner. Sorry couz."

Sari now sported a knitted lavender sweater with a skinny ripped jeans. Her shoes, in high-cut ragged navy converse shoes. To Hoya's eyes, she looks good in everything she wears.

"O-ok." Hoya feeling a little disappointed and jealous.

"Well, don't forget out date for tomorrow. You remembered, right?" Hoya reminded and Sari facepalmed.

"I forgot." She chuckled. "Thanks for reminding me. Well, later." She bid farewell and walked out from the door.

When she's out of sight, Hoya just sighed. 

"Too many competitors."

 

When Sari opened the door, he saw Myungsoo out there crossing his arms grumpily.

"Why the face?" Sari asked, confused.

"Because you didn't let me in. You know it's cold out here, right?" Myungsoo hid half of his face under the scarf.

"Ohhh right, sorry." Sari apologized and stuck her tongue out.

"Nevermind. Let's go." Myungsoo ushered her to go first and will followed suit.

 

As they are now walking towards the waiting shed for the bus, Myungsoo broke the ice and complimented Sari.

"You look good today, you're beautiful." Myungsoo glanced at Sari.

She smiled back in response, "Nah, not really. I'm not even wearing, um what do they call it again?"

Sari tapped her chin in thought and a word popped into her mind, "Make-up! Don't they get uncomfortable with it?"

She unconsciously pouted and Myungsoo chuckled at the sight.

"Well, they want to be beautiful in the eyes of the masses." Myungsoo replied. But for you, you don't need it. Effortlessly beautiful, I say.

"Really? Well, that's such a pain. Why people are so judgmental?" Sari furrowed her eyebrows and let out a grunt.

"Woah, easy. People, in general, are like that. We can't do anything about it." Myungsoo stuffed his hands in his blazer pockets.

"We can but it's difficult." Sari sighed.

Both of them are now in the waiting shed, waiting for the bus to arrive.

Then Sari suddenly remembered, "Oh yeah, where will we go for today?"

"It's a secret. But the clue is, it is a hangout for the teens like us."

"Hmm... I really don't know. I haven't been out for long with couz." 

"Well, that but I will tour you for free!" Myungsoo happily said.

"Gee, thanks tour guide." Sari retorted and both of them laughed.

It's been a long time Sari had a good time with a friend except with her cousin, Hoya.

 

At the Infinite dorm, the whole gang, minus Myungsoo, had a lazy time on their hands.

Sungjong reading a fashion magazine on a bean bag and then, Sungyeol playing a video game with Dongwoo, the loudest when commenting something after an offense.

"Argh! I lost!" Sungyeol clutched his head in defeat.

"Quiet you, choding!" Sunggyu, the leader, silenced the childish member of the group, who is now taking a nap.

Then Woohyun, who is reading a book on the sofa, noticed that Myungsoo has been gone in the dorm.

"Where did that guy go?" Woohyun questioned himself.

 

Hoya, on the other hand, decided to take a stroll in the nearby park. He has a lot of things on his mind lately. Since Sari is now out with Myungsoo on a date, he feels something ominous is going to happen. But he knew that it would not be. To avoid worrying about a certain girl, he decided to go back to the dorm and dance it out.

The sky suddenly turned gray and winds are starting to howl.

 

"Hey, what do you prefer? Ramen or ice cream?" Myungsoo asked as they are now riding on a bus towards to an unknown destination.

"Ice cream." Sari replied with no hesitation, it's been her favorite ever since.

"Why?" He asked and Sari thought for a minute before telling it.

"Well, my father was out on a mission. After he finished his mission, he decided to buy me something. He knew that I have a thing for cold treats. I always have patbingsoo and never with the other desserts. He caught his eye on an ice cream shop, he bought one for me and took it home as a treat. The first time I tasted it, I can't stop. Ever since then, it was my favorite."

"That's strange but what is the flavor of the ice cream?"

"Coffee." Sari replied quickly and Myungsoo looked at her like she is growing a head on the other side.

Sari leaned on the chair and answered to Myungsoo's kind of dilemma, "I love coffee and tea too."

She answered to what Myungsoo's been meaning to ask, "I see, well, I really love coffee too. The black ones."

Sari faced him and her eyes lit up, "Me too!!"

Myungsoo eyesmiled at her and pinched her cheeks, "You're so cute, you know that."

"Shut up and stop it." Sari turned into a 180 degrees mood turn around and sat back properly which made Myungsoo slightly chuckle.

"Well, then, I just know the place for our date."

"I just hope it's not too noisy and crowded." Sari seemingly suggested.

"Oh, it's going to be noisy and crowded. Sorry." Myungsoo apologized in ahead of time which made Sari pinched the bridge of her nose.

"But don't worry, we will go in a nice spot with less noise and crowd. I promise." Myungsoo added to ease Sari's stress.

"You better or I'm not going to hesitate to use my katana." Sari threatened and Myungsoo gulped down hard.

"Yes ma'am." Why do I even like this girl? Seriously.

 

"It's time to settle this, princess."

"Without your bodyguard, you're helpless."

The man in hood laughed out evilly and he vanished into thin air and started following them.

 

Hoya suddenly had a bad hunch and suddenly stopped on what he is doing.

"Sari..."

Then he slightly sensed someone dark.

"Oh no."

"Sari!!"


Author's note: Sorry this is kind of short but I think the next chapter is going to be long. Thanks for reading and have a blessed holy week. Thanks for those who subscribed. Oh and please comment, point out some mistakes or anything. I need improvement, seriously. Thanks again!