Mess with Me, You'll Die

Last Descendants

Chapter XVI: Mess with Me, You'll Die

 

Exam week came and the cousins are excited to end this week already. The first day of exam is going to start in just an hour away and cousins are walking towards to the school with headphones hanged around Sari's neck, blasting some classical music and Hoya is listening to it too.

The sun was high enough already to shine throughout the neighborhood. The birds swept past through in a v-line formation towards another destination. Sari creased her eyebrows feeling bitter and Hoya noticed it.

"What's with the face?" Hoya asked concerned about the princess.

"The weather is so nice, it's making me puke. For goodness sake, it's Monday and exam!!" She sighed.

"It doesn't really go well together, seriously." She added.

"Don't be like that, it will be over in a flash." Hoya slightly slapped Sari's back.

"Thanks for the care, seriously." She sarcastically replied and went on ahead of him.

"Hey, wait up." Hoya followed.

 

As the cousins approached the school premises, they bumped into the gang who seem surrounded by a bunch of fangirls. The two sweatdropped.

"Did you recall something about the noise we heard when we are on our first week here?" Hoya asked as he saw the fangirls attacking the Infinite.

"Pretty much. Nevermind them, let's go or we will gonna be late on the first exam." Sari marched first ignoring the riot where the Infinite are. Hoya just shook his head and followed her.

On the other side, where the Infinite are struggling.

"Please, can all of you let us through?" Sunggyu pleaded the girls but they never heard him as the squeals of the girls are louder.

"Oh where art thou the tranquility has gone?" Dongwoo sang and he suddenly spotted Hoya walking with Sari.

"Hoya, dude! Help us out!" Dongwoo waved his arms up and the cousins heard him called out. When Woohyun heard Dongwoo called Hoya, he suddenly averted his gaze to where his hyung is looking and spotted the girl he likes.

"Sari!" Woohyun called out and from far, Sari facepalmed.

The fangirls suddenly turned to the girl who Woohyun called. 

"So she is the girl the Infinite is close to." One gossipy girl whispered to her friend. Then the whisperings of the girls started including rumors.

"Seriously? She's not even pretty."

"I heard she ate like a pig. Eww, seriously?"

"There are some people I heard she seduced Infinite."

"Huh? No way, seriously? A girl like her."

Then the gossip goes on and on and Sari sighed, not bothered by it. Hoya felt something bad is going to happen. The Infinite used this chance to escape from the horde of fangirls and went to Hoya and Sari's side.

Then one of the queenka stepped up and faced Sari, "Step away from our oppas or we'll do something about it."

Sari faced her and covered in boredom as she yawned.

"Why would I step away if they're the ones who cling like a bunch of koalas?" Sari retorted truthfully.

The Infinite has been hurt by it and Hoya held his laughter.

"Ouch, that hurts Sari." Sungyeol clutched his blazer faking pain.

"Noona, don't be like that." Sungjong faked a sob.

The queen bee's forehead popped a vein.

"Them? Cling to you?!" She screeched in a high pitch that made Sari and the gang cover their ears.

"Sheesh, what's your problem? Seriously. Just ask those guys." She pointed to the Infinite as Hoya moved away from them.

"Why you?!" The queenka put her hands up, ready to slap Sari. But of course, Sari prevented it by holding her arms firmly in place.

Hoya prayed to the poor queenka. The Infinite began to be frightened at the sight. Knowing Sari, she could do something bad or even kill.

The next thing Sari did is twisting her arms to her back tightly, giving her the pain she will never forget.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" The queenka's voice echoed throughout the school grounds making the other girls whimpered away, leaving the infinite and the two girls.

Sari grinned evilly and whispered something terrifying to her.

"Mess with me, you'll die." Sari chuckled evilly.

"P-p-please let me go." The queenka started to tear up and Sari let go of her.

"Now scram." Sari shooed her away and the queenka replied back disdainfully, "I will get you for this."

The queenka ran away leaving the scared Infinite and Hoya who is looking at Sari innocently.

Sari approached them, "Why could you not be able to handle those girls?"

"Because they are girls?" Myungsoo replied questionably.

Woohyun rubbed his chin in thought, "True, we cannot hurt or fight them. It's not very gentlemanly."

Sari exasperated, "There are a lot of ways you know."

Then the bell to the school rang signalling first class for their exam.

"Crap, we're late." Sungyeol cursed and he ran.

The others followed and Sunggyu went beside to Sari, "Thanks for the help today. You're very reliable."

"I did nothing." Sari said as she started to jog all the way.

"Just thanks. See you later." Sunggyu thanked and ran all the way to his room.

Sari ran and Hoya beside her towards to their destination.

 

Sari stretched her arms in the air and massaged her back, "I had forgotten that was the second test. Curse history."

Hoya fixed his things and took his lunch money. Sari slouched on her seat, drained from the tests.

"Come on, let's eat." Hoya stood up and dragged the drowsy Sari.

"So sleepy." Sari yawned and is still dragged by Hoya.

The other students looked at them weirdly as the duo passed through the corridors, crowded with students.

Suddenly, Hoya bumped into Myungsoo. Sari properly stood up and went beside him.

"Oh freaktard." Sari greeted cursedly at Myungsoo. Hoya shook his head amusedly.

"This girl, really." Myungsoo clucked his tongue and decided to pinch her cheeks.

He pinched it and Sari jabbed Myungsoo that made him stepped back at the force.

Hoya's eyes widened in surprise. Myungsoo crouched down in pain.

"You evil girl." He croaked as he clutched his abdomen where the pain resides.

"Sorry, I couldn't control myself and you had to mess with me in one of my bad moods." She hissed but still feeling apologetic a little bit.

"But I'm sorry I did that." Sari crouched down in front of him.

Myungsoo looked at her and smirked, "If you're sorry, you have to go on a date with me after the exams."

The student body heard that and started gossiping.

Hoya felt jealousy rising up in him and he looked away.

Sari looked up in thought and nodded, "Okay then, um. What's a date?"

Myungsoo looked at her in disbelief and laughed, "You're so adorable you know that?"

Hoya mentally slapped himself and sighed.

 

After the whole ordeal, the day finally ended and the duo decided to go home early to prepare for their part time job. Also, studying for the exam on the next day till the end of the week.

The Infinite bid their goodbyes and Myungsoo quickly come up to Sari.

"Don't forget our date." He reminded her and Sari sighed.

Sari asked Hoya on what a 'date' is and now she knew everything. She really made a bad decision.

"Whatever." She groaned and went home with Hoya.

Woohyun looked at Sari longingly. Deep inside in his heart, he wanted to tell how much he likes her so she could be his. But confessing at the wrong time may end up a failure, so he will wait for the perfect moment.

 

The two arrived at their apartment at 5pm and decided to review some for the exam. They already studied everything from the weekend so they scanned tidbits of important information.

"Now that history has gone, I'll be able to breathe freely." Sari twirled around in the living room as Hoya cooked for dinner in the kitchen.

"You're way too happy, the exams are not over." Hoya turned off the stove and then to the gas as he put the cooked food in a serving plate.

"So what? History is finished." Sari came in the dining area and set up the dining utensils on the small table.

"And who is the one who helped you on that?" Hoya smiled widely and Sari looked at him, she chuckled.

"Ok, what do you want?" She sat down on the table and both of them thanked for the food.

"I want a... date too." Hoya smiled cutely at her and Sari cringed.

"Date? Not you too." Sari took a bite of the food.

"Well, if they can. I want it too." Hoya insisting it like a kid. Sari sighed and just agreed.

"Fine, I'd rather go on a date with you than Myungsoo." She admitted and Hoya felt good about it.

"Assa!" Hoya chomped down on the food happily. Sari glanced up at him and she suddenly felt warm and happy.

"You're such a kid." Sari commented and Hoya just smiled back at her.

"Only to you, my lady." He teased and Sari stuck her tongue out, "Will you please stop that?"

"No."

"Aish, jinjja."


Author's note: Annyeong haseyo yeorobundeul. Sorry for the late update but I hope you enjoyed it. I will think another new story and I don't know who the characters will be the main lead but it will still be INFINITE. I am dedicated to them. Gomapda! Annyeong!