Phone

Last Descendants

Chapter VI: Vigilance

Despite the wound being beaten badly by the same guy, Sari managed her wound to heal up quickly just by resting for a day. Now, it's a peaceful Sunday and she decided to do her daily training on the rooftop.

She doesn't want to lose again just like last time and make her cousin worry about her. She doesn't want of that anymore. She thought of getting stronger if the enemy suddenly shows up in front of her. The clan didn't tell anything about her who killed them and that made her feel dumb and clueless about everything. She doesn't care anymore, the only thing in her mind right now is to kill him, the mastermind who killed her family.

After an hour, Sari wrapped up her training, who is now covered in sweat, and went back to the apartment.

 

"Sari, I'm going to work now. I'll go off first." Hoya walked out and closed the door.

Sari walked out from the room and fixed up her collar, she's going to work too since she missed a few days when she was wounded.

Instead of walking out from the building, she went upstairs and decided to use the fastest way.

 

When she arrived at her work place, she opened the door of her cafe' and her co-worker greeted her enthusiastically.

"G'morning Sari! What's up?" Amber high-fived her and Sari greeted back in reponse.

"Nothing much. Sorry for missing out a lot of days." She apologized.

"No biggies. We can handle it very much."

The manager then approached her and she bowed in greeting, "Good morning Sir. Sorry for being gone in a few days."

The manager ruffled her hair in response, "No worries Sari. Just call me Daniel." He pouted.

Amber saw that and commented, "Sir, please don't do that."

The manager just laughed, "Alright, alright just get back to work."

Both of them started working when Sari saw Gikwang in the working area making coffee for the customer.

Gikwang saw her and greeted, "Hi Sari, how's your injury?"

"I'm fine." She replied.

"That's good to hear." Gikwang covered the lid of the coffee he made and gave it to Sari to deliver to the customer. She took it with a tray on her hands when he stopped her.

"Hey, wanna hang out later?" He asked when his heart started beating a little faster.

Sari looked up and thinking.

"I'm not sure. I'll just tell it to you later." She replied and he let out a breath out of nervousness.

"Sure." He eye smiled at her.

 

After a many hours of work, Sari is on a break and also with her other co-worker who appeared out of nowhere.

"Hi Sari! We missed you! How's your injury?" He greeted optimistically.

She looked up to him, "I'm fine." Then she contemplated on the second statement.

"How come you miss me? We just met the second time." She said as a matter of fact.

"I don't know. I just felt like it." He grinned. "Especially that one guy over there."

Yoseob pointed at the hardworking Gikwang, who is now on the cash register while a female customer is shooting hearts at him with her eyes.

Sari blinked innocently and drank her water.

"Why?"

"He keeps talking about you like he knows you." He munched on his sandwich like a kid.

Sari glanced up at Gikwang and stared at him. Weird.

Then he suddenly saw her and gave her an eye smile that girls would swoon for. She looked away from him and her face flushed unknowingly.

The female customer fainted from the sight.

 

Sari's shift is over and also with Gikwang. The boy approached her, "So how about it? Can we hang out?" He asked again and Sari almost forgotten about that.

"Um, okay." She agreed since she have more time to spare for today. She decided to go first at her cousin's workplace with her co-worker.

"Can we first go to my cousin?" She asked him and he vigorously nodded.

"Sure." He stood on the side waiting for her to finish up.

"I need to tell him we're gonna hang out." She mentally noted.

"Don't you have any phone with you?" He asked her.

"No." She replied and his face in disbelief.

"Really? Then I know where we're going today." He grinned and Sari expressed bewilderment.

 

Gikwang and Sari arrived at the workplace where Hoya works at. They both entered the place and Sari notified her cousin that she will be hanging out with him, as she pointed to Gikwang who is bowing at him.

Hoya grinned knowingly and whispered to her ear, "I didn't know you have a boyfriend."

He gave her a teasing smile and Sari flicked his forehead.

"No, I don't have. He's just a friend."

"Riiiighht." He snickered. "Well then, have fun."

"See you later, couz." She waved him goodbye and Gikwang bowed at him.

When they were gone out of Hoya's sight, he wiped a fake tear away.

"My baby is growing up." He acted like a mom.

 

"Where are we going?" Sari asked since she have no idea where they are now.

"To a place where you need something the most since we are living in the modern world." He narrated and she just kept quiet.

Then both of them arrived at the said place.

"Oh we're here." He stopped in front of the cellphone store.

"Cellphone?" She muttered under her breath.

"Yep. Shall we go in?" She nodded as he ushered her when they entered at the store.

 

"Woah. This is the first time I've seen this." She awed and Gikwang looked at her in disbelief.

"Jinjja! What century are you living?"

"The Edo period." She sarcastically replied but he just pinched her cheeks. "You're so cute." He chuckled.

She slightly slapped his hands away from her face and groaned.

Gikwang stopped messing around and asked the clerk, "Get me the best phone you have for her."

"No." Sari stopped him and instead she said, "I don't want anything from you. Don't waste your money for me."

"But it's a welcome gift for you besides it's a need nowadays. How can you contact us when you're not around at work?"

She thought about it and answered, "My cousin can always go and notify you guys."

He shook his head, "You can't always rely on your cousin, right?"

She sighed in defeat, "Fine. You win." Sari doesn't want to argue and just gave up.

"But on one condition, just get me the cheapest phone. If you're gonna buy me one, buy for my cousin too. I'm just gonna pay you when I have the money." She added.

"Ok then. As you wish my lady." He bowed gently at her and she rolled her eyes. Good thing Hoya doesn't act like that to her or she would have killed him when she is really an heir to the near extinct clan.

The clerk complied and got her the phone that she wanted and Gikwang paid for it.

"Thank you very much." The clerk gratefully said as the two went out from the store.

 

The two stopped by in a place at the ice cream shop. When Sari saw this, her eyes glistened in glee and Gikwang glanced up at her. He smiled. She must have like ice cream. He felt relieved at some point for choosing a place that she would like.

When they entered, some girls swooned at the guy that Sari is with. He didn't bother with them and glanced up at his companion if she has any reaction. However, she just stood there innocently as she skimmed a row of different ice cream flavors. She nearly drooled at the sight.

Gikwang has never seen a girl like her before and he is having fun just by looking at her different reactions.

He can stop himself and ruffled her hair. But Sari didn't bother stopping him and fixing her hair up.

"So what do you want?" He asked her while Sari pointed at the so many different flavors.

"Coffee, Strawberry, Mint, Choco Chip, Mango, Double Dutch, Pistachio and Rocky Road." She grinned and delight.

"Wow, you have an appetite." He whistled. "Are you sure you can eat all that?"

She nodded like a kid. He just thought that she is cute.

"Just for you." He took out his wallet but Sari stopped him.

"No, I'm gonna pay since I'm the one eating." She took out her wallet from her cargo pants' side pocket but this time he stopped her.

"Don't worry. I'm the one paying since I asked you to hang out with me. Okay?" He insisted and Sari saw that he is genuine about it. She nodded and complied.

"Okay, if you say so." She warmly smiled at him. "Thank you."

His heart suddenly thumped loudly. He gulped.

"N-no problem." His face reddened unknowingly.

When he paid for the order he took the bowl of what Sari ordered and she quickly took it from him. They sat on the far corner near the window.

She started eating her favorite icy treat with delight. He just watched her and he never felt so contented in his life.

The other girls stared at Sari with envy but she doesn't even notice it as she continued eating.

 

When she is finished eating, Gikwang asked her about the phone.

"Do you know how to operate it?" He took the box out and opened it.

She just shook her head sideways and he ushered her to get closer to him.

"I'll teach you. So this is how we do it..." Gikwang started teaching Sari about the basics of using it.

She get's in awe at everything and he can't stop chuckling every time.

 

When he is finished teaching Sari about the phone, they both walked out from the ice cream shop and ready to head out.

"Do you want to eat dinner?" Gikwang asked Sari and she nodded in response. She suddenly panicked as she saw her watch is nearing to evening. 5 minutes left! She alerted.

She glanced at him, "Um, I'm sorry but I'm gonna go now. Bye! Thanks for the phone." She waved him good bye and left the stunned boy.

He recovered and just waved back good bye.

When Sari is now far away from the boy, she hid in the alley and took out her eyepatch and wore it.

The clock struck 6:00 pm. She felt the changes.

"On time." She faintly smiled and flash stepped from the place.

 

"Oh, you're here." Hoya greeted his cousin, she plopped on the sofa and sighed in relief.

"That was close or he could have seen my eyes." She told him.

"Had a fun time with your boyfriend?" He teased and Sari glared at him.

"He's not my boyfriend." Her angry eyes bored at the back of his head as he was cooking for dinner.

"Okay, okay." He grinned and saw that his cousin had something with her.

"What's that?" He asked as he pointed at the paper bag.

She glanced at it, "Gikwang bought it for us. Cellphones."

"Ohhhh cellphones. So nice, thank your boyfriend for me." He continued teasing and Sari threw a nearby box at his head.

He got hit and he clutched his head in pain. "Okay! Okay, I'll stop. Sheesh." 

Sari evilly laughed.

 

"Oh so that how it works." Sari finished teaching him how to use the phone.

"Yep. Now, let's exchange numbers." She took his number and vice versa. They tried miss calling on each other and affirmed that it's working fine.

"There." She almost pocketed her phone when it suddenly vibrated.

"Oh a new message." She said to Hoya. He looked beside her. Both of them read the message when she opened it.

From: Unknown

Hi Sari! This is Gikwang. Gotten the hang of it?

I hope we can hang out again next time.

I really had fun. How about you?

Hoya giggled at the message like a high school girl and she just nudged him at his side.

Sari saved the number replied back slowly but getting faster as she typed. She is really getting the hang of it.

 

Gikwang startled at the vibration of his phone and quickly opened it.

From: Sari

Yeah, I had fun too. Thanks for the phone,

Especially the ice cream.

See you soon. Goodnight.

He grinned , reaching his smile from ear to ear. He never felt so happy in his life in his opinion and Yoseob saw his dorm mate.

"What are you smiling about?" He scrunched up his brows in confusion.

"Oh nothing." Gikwang replied and Yoseob just shrugged it away.

Gikwang pocketed his phone and went to his bedroom overflowing with happiness. Yoseob just sweat dropped at the sight.

"What's gotten into him?" Then he continued playing on his PSP.

 

Now on the other side, the group continued teasing at a certain boy, who is now covering his ears with his pillows.

"Guys, please stop. She is not my girlfriend." Woohyun exasperated.

"Yeah, please stop. It's getting annoying." Myungsoo said feeling annoyed. He doesn't like what's going on.

"Okay, okay. We'll stop." Sunggyu said and left the poor boy alone. Then Sungjong noticed it and gazed at the visual.

He gave him a knowing look, "You like her, don't you?" Sungjong smirked at Myungsoo.

He looked away and shook his head in response, "N-no, why would you say that?"

"In denial." He sang and Myungsoo strongly disagreed, "I'm not."

"Ohhh, strong denial. You really like her too." Then Sungjong shouted out to the group.

"Myungsoo like her too!!"

Dongwoo scrambled up from his bed and laughed maniacally, "Jinjja?!"

"I sense love rivalry." Sungyeol sniffed and laughed together with Dongwoo.

Myungsoo just pinched his nose bridge. "You guys." He sighed.

Woohyun doesn't like where this is going either.


Author's note: Annyeong haseyo yeorobundeul!! Please comment and subscribe. Nevermind upvoting haha!