Exposed

Last Descendants

Chapter XXIII: Exposed

"What do you mean?" Hoya asked faking bewilderment at Myungsoo's question.

"You know what I mean. Be serious here." Myungsoo seriously said and Hoya let out a defeated sigh.

"What do you want to know?" Hoya asked the curious Myungsoo.

"About what I asked earlier, what is your true relationsip with Sari?" Myungsoo reiterated the question to Hoya.

Hoya kept silent for a while and is now ready to answer when suddenly, Myungsoo butted in.

"Wait. Let me change it, who are you really?" Myungsoo questioned him and Hoya is prepared.

"I'm a samurai, adopted by them. So, I'm just an orphan picked up by someone in Sari's clan."

Hoya paused and started to talk again after a few seconds.

"It means, I have no relationship with Sari at all but a friend. However, she treated me like brother and a best friend."

"Does she know?" Myungsoo asked another one and Hoya shook his head.

"Figures." Myungsoo scratched his cheek. "Then, do you have feelings for her?"

"Me?" Hoya pointed to himself. "I don't know."

"Geotjimal." Myungsoo didn't believe it. "I know that you have feelings for her."

"Then why did you ask me that question if you knew?" Hoya lowered his voice like he's threatening.

"I just wanted to confirm it. Because I like her too." Myungsoo emphasized the second sentence.

"I won't lose. To you and to Woohyun hyung." Myungsoo added.

"This is not a competition, it still depends on her." Hoya truthfully said. "I don't want to fight. I respect what Sari's decision will be."

"Fine. We will let her decide." Myungsoo agreed. "When are you going to tell her the truth?"

"When the right time comes." Hoya replied, now deep in thought.

 

"Done!! Aigoo-ya, this is tedious. But doing it for my baby sister." Boa wiped a sweat from her forehead.

"Gomapda unnie, I feel a lot better now." Sari thanked and she sat up on the bed.

"How do you like my clothes? It really fits you well." Boa giggled.

"It's too fit but it's fine. Thanks again, unnie." Sari sweat dropped on how Boa is reacting.

"Oh don't mention it, it looks great on you. Those are from my niece. Sorry you have no size for any pants or shorts."

"It's fine even though I'm not used to it." Sari honestly said as she tried to pull the chiffon pleated skirt down.

"Don't pull it, I promise that it looks great on you." Boa promised and Sari stopped pulling her skirt down.

"But it's too short." Sari fidgeted on the bed uncomfortably.

"That's not really short, it's above the knee." Boa corrected.

"Fine." Sari gave up and stood up slowly from the bed she is sitting on.

"I better tend on the other guy, what his name again?" Boa asked Sari.

"Myungsoo. The one who made my wound bled up and you treated me." Sari reminded Boa.

"Oh!! Him. Ok then."

Boa opened the door. They walked out and Sari followed. Then they saw how serious their expressions are and they think something has happened here.

"Are you guys ok?" Sari asked and the two boys glanced at Sari.

They unknowingly gaped their mouths open and Boa seems to be enjoying the scene unfold in front of her. She giggled at the sight.

"Hellooo. Why are you looking at me like that?" Sari suddenly feel conscious of herself right now.

Even though Sari is covered i bandages right now, to Hoya and Myungsoo, she looked like an angel without wings right now.

"Stop staring and answer me!" Sari screamed at them and they recovered from their trance.

"It's just you look so beautiful, you should wear a dress from now on." Myungsoo complimented Sari.

Sari pinked at Myungsoo's compliment but Hoya's compliment made her red even more.

"She's always beautiful and elegant no matter what she wears. Sari is Sari." Hoya cheesily winked at Sari.

Damn you, Hoya. She mentally cursed him.

"Okay! Stop the lovey dovey scenes and you may all continue later." Boa announced and went to Myungsoo.

"I still have to tend him."

 

Sari sat beside Hoya and she leaned her head on his shoulder. Hoya suddenly blushed and his heart started to race in an abnormal manner. While Myungsoo, on the opposite of them, became jealous of him.

Sari suddenly yawned and fell asleep for not so long. She has never been tired except for today's incident and in addition to that, she felt that Hoya's shoulder is so warm and comfortable that makes her even sleepier.

When Hoya sensed the her head has gotten heavier, he glanced at her and noticed that she has fallen asleep. He smiled at the sight and he decided to put her on the bed.

"Noona, where can I put Sari? She fell asleep." Hoya asked and careful on not to wake Sari up.

Boa is still busy tending Myungsoo but she replied, "I have a guest room, you can Sari on the bed there."

"Thanks noona." Hoya thanked and slowly lifted Sari up bridal style. He stood up from his seat and carried her on the guest room.

Myungsoo got jealous again and he flinched at the pain.

"Ack."

"Yah, don't move. I'm almost done." Boa said and finished everything. "There."

"Thanks seonsaengnim." Myungsoo formally thanked.

"Don't be so formal. Just call me noona. Oh and by the way." Boa said as she finished packing her huge first aid kit.

"Goodluck, even though I don't know who will win." Boa grinned.

"What do you mean, noona?" Myungsoo asked confused on what she is referring to.

"About Sari." She mouthed and she giggled.

Myungsoo became flustered, "You knew, noona?"

"Yeah! Hoya, Woohyun and you." She listed on her fingers. "Ah neomu bureopda. It's so great to be young."

Myungsoo laughed sheepishly.

 

After Hoya put Sari on the bed and tucking her in, he decided to plant a light peck on her forehead.

"Goodnight Sari." Hoya warmly smiled at the peaceful lady before his eyes.

Hoya started to walk away when suddenly a hand grab his wrist.

"Not again." Hoya looked back at him and Sari started to mouth something but he can't comprehend it.

Hoya removed Sari's hand on his wrist and he gently put her hand on the bed.

Then he started to understand on what Sari is saying

"Hoya. Don't leave me." Sari muttered in her sleep. Hoya heard it again just like the last time.

So he decided to stay beside her, he took the chair and sat facing in front of her.

"I promise, I will not leave you just like what happened earlier."

"I will not let you out of my sight."

Hoya determinedly said and he started to yawn. He held Sari's left hand and he laid his head on the bed.

He fell asleep after muttering goodnight again to Sari.

 

Myungsoo decided to take the couch to sleep and he noticed that Hoya didn't come out from where Sari is. Boa called it a day and already went so sleep.

He decided to enter the guest room, when he slowly turned the door knob and opened the door. He saw Sari comfotably sleeping and Hoya guarding her. But his eyes didn't miss when Sari's hand are entwined with Hoya's. Myungsoo's heart suddenly ached. How he wished it could be him but he wouldn't give up so easily.

Myungsoo slowly closed the door and went to the couch. He sat there, leaning his head as he gazed up at the ceiling. He thought a lot of things, especially if he could be like Hoya too. Meaning if he could fight too like a samurai.

How he wished he was with Sari too from the beginning but it didn't happen. He really wanted to get stronger so he could protect Sari too. Myungsoo thought a lot on what he could do to get stronger but now his head started to ache. Sleepiness came soon and he yawned. He laid on the couch and closed his eyes. He fell asleep then he dreamt of doing taekwondo then boxing.

 

"Sari, I have to tell you something." Hoya said while holding Sari's hands.

"What is it?" Sari asked and gulped hard.

Hoya breathed deeply and he told the truth, "I'm not your cousin. I'm adopted."

"Then who are you?" She asked again feeling confused.

"I'm no one but you still considered me as your family but there is one thing you really need to know."

"You will always be my family but what is that one thing I need to know?" Sari started to feel nervous.

Hoya mouthed with sincerity in his voice, "I love you."

Sari froze on the spot.


Author's note: Hahahaha! What do you think? Jamkammanyo! It doesn't end here, wait for another update. See you soon! XD

Happy Mom's Day!