Rest Day

Last Descendants

Chapter XI: Rest Day

 

Since there is no way they can keep this a secret, the cousins have to tell everything.

"Duties?" Sungjong asked with curiosity.

"To protect Sari with all my life because Sari is the heir of our clan. A Samurai Princess."

"Princess?!" The group exclaimed in unison.


"Yes, and I am the only samurai that can protect her. Like her bodyguard." Hoya glanced at Sari.

"So, that's why you're so protective of her." Sunggyu nodded his head in understanding.

However Myungsoo can't help but feel jealous, likewise with Woohyun.

"Oh, I have another question." Sungyeol raised his hand and waved it like a kid.

"Go on." Hoya said.

"How is it possible for your eyes to be like that? You know, the blue eyes and the blue flame thing."

"Oh, our first ancestor received it as a gift from the gods long ago in Japan." Hoya crossed his arms and looked up in thought.

"I actually don't know the whole story of it." Hoya looked at Sari for help but she just shrugged.

"I don't know it too. You know me, I hate history." She groaned.

"Oh right." Hoya smiled sheepishly at her.

"Well, enough questions for the night. Let's sleep." Hoya announced and let the guys sleep on the wide guest room. While Sari will be sleeping in her own room and Hoya, his own room.

"G'night."

"Goodnight."

 

Sari went into her old room and glanced from sideways with nostalgia.

Same as always but it feels empty. She thought grimly.

"Well, time to sleep." She yawned tiredly and jumped on her bed.

She knew there's no use thinking all night about the assassin.

 

Meanwhile, in Hoya's room, he went in and felt a wave of familiarity of the place.

"Same old, same old huh but so empty." Hoya went to his bed and laid out.

His mind started to wander as he gaze at the bright moon that shone from the window in front him.

Then he suddenly remember that his parents gave him something a long time ago. He scrambled up from his bed and went to his drawer.

The drawer contained a sealed letter and a photo of Sari and him.

He took it and smiled unknowingly as he held the photo from his hand.

Oh how he miss those fun but strict old days when they were having fun training.

He chuckled and set the photo down then he took the sealed letters in his hands. When he took it, he closed the drawer and went to his bed. He sat down with a plop.

He remembered what his parents said about the sealed letter.

 

"When you turn nineteen, open this letter. My son." Hoya's father said.

"Why dad? Why can't I open it now." A ten year old Hoya asked.

But his mother answered, "You will know soon enough and at that time. You will be able to understand it."

"Ok if you say so."

 

"What can it be?" Hoya asked himself feeling excited but nervous at the same time.

He started removing the seal from the letter and opened it slowly. He took out the letter and read the contents.

As he started reading the next paragraph, his eyes widened in disbelief.

And when he finished it, the letter fell down from his hands with a shocked face plastered.

"What's the meaning of this?!" He cried in disbelief.

 

The next morning, Sari woke up with an aching body. She tried to stretch her body out and pain shot throughout her.

"Well, I really overdid it. Did I?" She said as she rubbed her eyes adjusting to the sunlight.

"Might as well buy breakfast." She sat up and jumped out from her bed.

She first washed her face and brushed her teeth.

After that, she went out from her room and could smell aroma coming from the kitchen.

"Someone's cooking. Could be couz." She muttered and made her way to the kitchen.

As she entered the kitchen, she knew it all along that it is him.

"Morning couz." She greeted but Hoya didn't budge.

"Hey Hoya, are you all right?" She called out but still he didn't move or look at you.

"Helloooo, earth to Hoya? Meep meep." Sari attempted again and it seems Hoya snapped out from his trance while in the middle of boiling the soup.

"O-oh y-you're there. S-sorry. Morning." He stuttered which is strange from him.

Sari tilted her head in bewilderment, she felt that something's wrong with her cousin.

"Hey, are you alright? Do you need help?" Sari offered as she began to worry about him.

"Um, no. I'm fine. Really. Seriously. Ahehehe." He laughed awkwardly.

Sari stood up from her seat and went beside him. She lifted her hand and put it on his forehead as she did to hers.

Hoya suddenly flushed and stopped breathing.

"You seem don't have a fever but you're so odd today. What gives?" She removed her hand from his forehead and now she crossed her arms.

"N-nothing, really. Just sit there and this will be done." Hoya replied properly as normal as possible but Sari didn't buy it.

"Ok if you say so." Sari just shook it off and went to the dining are and set out the platters.

Then the Infinite came in, stretching and yawning all the way as they arrived at the dining room.

"Morning." Sunggyu greeted and followed by the other guys.

Sari greeted back.

"Hoya will be done in a few minutes so just sit there." She ushered them to the seats.

"Ok, thanks noona." Sungjong thanked.

"Oh yeah, what about school?" Woohyun asked the eldest who seems still sleepy.

"I think it's not a good idea to go." Instead Sari answered for him.

"Why not?" Sunggyu asked.

"Did you not remember what the assassin said?" She said with seriousness.

"The one do not bring your friends or they might get killed?" Dongwoo answered and a chill run down through his spine.

"S***t." Sungyeol cursed and slumped down on his seat. "We're so dead meat."

"All of you shouldn't have followed us." Sari said as she set down the hot plates.

"Told you so." The youngest retorted referring it to Sungyeol.

"Why you little?" He glared at Sungjong.

Then Sari glanced around the room, "Where's Myungsoo?"

Sunggyu looked up and replied, "Sleeping. He is always the last one to wake up, seriously."

"Could you wake him up for us, Sari?" Dongwoo asked a favor cutely.

Sari's face scrunched up and sighed, "Fine."

"Thanks!" Dongwoo giggled.

"Please stop it hyung." Sungyeol pleaded.

Woohyun looked up to Sari and sighed as she made her way to the guest room where the sleepy head is still sleeping.

 

Sari opened the door to the room and went inside slowly.

"Geez, you slept like a log."

Sari went nearer to the bed on where Myungsoo is sleeping. She shook his shoulders strongly but he didn't open his eyes and kept snoring soundly.

Then she took the pillow beside him and smacked him on the head.

No movement.

"You're so strange, maybe if it is the end of the world, you will still be sleeping."

Then she moved on to one of her last resort, a strong jab to his side.

"I hope you're ready." She grinned evilly as she stood in her stance.

"Here goes."

She retreated her hands a little and swung her fist with much force aiming to his side but suddenly the great sleepy head, Kim Myungsoo, wake up from his deep slumber.

Sari's eyes widened but it was too late. She jabbed his right side and howled in pain.

"Yawch!! Ya!!" Myungsoo growled and whimpered in pain.

"Well, you couldn't wake up so I tried to punch you on the side." Sari explained and Myungsoo gave her a horrified look.

"Are you trying to kill me?" He asked in terror.

"No, of course not." She said monotonously.

"You're a sick, wicked woman." Myungsoo rubbed the pain  on his side to ease it.

"Sorry sleepy head. At least it's not like last time on what you did to me." She snickered.

Then Myungsoo knew what she was up to but he couldn't do anything about it.

"And you have to bring that up. You're an evil woman." Myungsoo sighed.

"Well, could you just help me up? Princess. It's so painful." He asked for help with a bit of exaggeration.

"Nope, you're a man. Right?" She smirked.

"Why you- Just help me up, seriously it hurts." He pleaded seriously this time.

"Ok, ok pretty boy." Sari went to his side and help him to stand up from his bed.

Myungsoo stood up from his bed but his foot caught up on the blanket and stumbled.

"W-woah."

"Hey, watch it."

Then a loud thud can be heard as both of the fell down.

Unknowingly, Myungsoo fell down on top with Sari under him.

Myungsoo opened his eyes to find now Sari staring at him.

He suddenly blushed furiously and Sari knitted her eyebrows, annoyed.

"Could you please get off from me?" Sari snapped Myungsoo's trance and he quickly move away from her.

"S-sorry." He stood up and helped Sari up as she dusted her clothes.

"Not only a sleepy head and a freaktard. A sleepy head clumsy freaktard." She snorted.

"W-what?! Seriously, stop calling me names, princess." Myungsoo cried.

"Whatever." Sari replied boringly.

Then Hoya barged into the room, "I heard a loud thud, are you ok?"

"Yep, I'm fine." Sari replied chirpily to Hoya.

"No, I'm not." Myungsoo grumbled under his breath.

"Come on, food's ready." Hoya let Sari and Myungsoo out of the room and went to the dining area to eat.

 

After a grub to eat, the Infinite changed into their own uniforms again. Hoya and Sari changed into their samurai armors again.

"Are you two going somewhere again?" Sunggyu asked Hoya.

"We have something important business to attend to." He replied.

"I hope it's not fighting again." Dongwoo prayed.

"Nope, don't worry. You guys have to worry yourselves first. You all are in grave danger." Hoya warned.

"We know." Sungjong grumbled but he suddenly smiled, "But we don't regret knowing you guys."

"Yeah, you guys are way too awesome." Sungyeol butted in as he messed Sungjong's hair.

"Hey!!"

"I agree. You be careful too Sari." Woohyun said as he patted Sari's back.

"I will. Oh and don't tell our secrets to anyone, or you'll be killed." She said it normally as she buckled her armor tightly.

But the whole of Infinite paled at what she said. Hoya just facepalmed, that's the Sari he knows.

"How could you say it so carelessly?" Sungyeol shrieked.

"Sorry. You guys seem the type to spill it." She stuck her tongue out.

"Don't worry, we're not like that." Dongwoo assured her.

"Ok, I trust you Dongwoo." She smiled at him.

"You remembered my name." He cried happily.

"Okay guys, we're setting out now." Sunggyu announced.

"We will too." Hoya said and glanced at Sari.

"Let's go." She nodded and the two vanished in front of Infinite's sight.

"Woah, I still can't get over that." Sungyeol awed.

"Okay guys, let's go." Sunggyu ushered them out of the place. He seems worried about the assassin that would appear before them.

 

In a short span of time, Hoya and Sari arrived at the grimly place covered with dark gray clouds looming on the sky.

"We're here." Hoya said and Sari nodded silently.

"We meet again father and mother."


Author's note: See! Sooner than expected, right? An update! Please comment and subscribe. Thank you. By the way, I edited the last chapter, Assassin. I just forget about the heterochromic eyes. That's it. I also want to thank the people who subscribed my story and those who commented, it means a lot to me. I am clinically depressed and  writing helps me to overcome it. Thank you again. Annyeong!

Happy Birthday Woohyun! (We're the same age but he's a few months older. Geehee~)