Back to Normal?

Last Descendants

Chapter XXIV: Back to Normal?

 

Sari suddenly bolted up awake from her sleep, breathing hardly. She sat up and quickly scanned her surroundings. She then breathed in relief that it was just a dream she was having. But why does she feel that it's real?

"Why does it feel so real?" Sari sat there and started to think hard especially Hoya. Then her stomach started to growl in hunger. 

"Oops, I can't think on an empty stomach." Sari got up from her bed and stretched out a slightly to avoid her wounds from re-opening.

"But why, seriously?" Sari rubbed her chin in thought then she heard another growl from her stomach.

"Aish, fine. I'll eat first." Sari walked towards the door opened it. Then she suddenly smell a home-cooked meal lingering in the air that made Sari feel even hungrier than she was.

She took slow steps toward the kitchen and took a peek in it. She saw Boa cooking a breakfast meal for them.

"Good morning Boa unnie." Sari greeted and Boa turned around to greet her back while she was holding a spatula.

"Oh, you're awake. Good morning." Boa sang then she continued on cooking her last dish.

Sari noticed that the two boys are not around.

"Boa unnie, where are they?" Sari asked as she took a seat on the dining area.

"I think Hoya is training on the rooftop and Myungsoo is taking a jog in the park." Boa replied and she finished cooking the stew.

"Oh, I see. Is it alright for Myungsoo to do some physical activities?" Sari questioned and Boa nodded.

"I think so. He just have a big bruise on his abdomen and doesn't have any fractures, so he will do fine." Boa answered and she took a seat in opposite from Sari.

"Sari-ah, can you please call Hoya? And I shall call Myungsoo." Boa ask a favor and Sari complied.

"Sure unnie." Sari replied with a smile on her face and she quickly disappeared in thin air.

Boa just got taken aback from Sari's sudden action, "Aigoo, Sari. That took me by surprise."

It is Boa's first time to see her do that unusual action.

 

Sari flash stepped to the rooftop and she saw Hoya intensely doing an intensive training with his swordsmanship. Sari stood there on the spot as she watched Hoya do his thing, especially the determined expression plastered on his face. Sari thought that he might be doing this because of what happened to her. Suddenly her thought wandered about her dream that was so clear and real. She rigorously shook her head and she unknowingly blushed. 

"Aish." She cursed mentally.

Hoya stopped and he sheathed his sword back to his scabbard. His sweat pours out from his forehead and panted from doing his training beyond on his capabilities. But he is doing this for her. Hoya suddenly noticed her standing on the other side while watching him.

"Oh Sari, good morning." Hoya greeted her with a smile but Sari saw him to be faking it. She just shook that thought away and she goes along with him.

"Good morning, Hoya. Breakfast is ready." Sari called him over, "Boa unnie asked me to get you."

"Thanks." He faintly smiled at her. Sari, deep inside, is hurting when he saw Hoya pretending that everythings's fine.

Sari stepped up and faced Hoya, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Hoya replied but he seems to be looking away from her as he rubbed his nape.

Sari then held his arms on both sides and looked at him, "Look at me, are you really ok?"

Hoya seems flustered at her sudden actions, "Ye-"

"Don't lie to me." Sari butted in and her eyes suddenly got teary.

"S-sari." Hoya got worried and Sari let go of his arms. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Everything's not your fault. So don't beat yourself up pabo!" Sari scolded him and she let one tear rolled down on her cheek.

Hoya felt bad for what he has done and he gave Sari a comforting hug.

"Ok, thank you. Sari." Hoya thanked and he graced a genuine smile.

"Ugh, please let go of me. You reak of sweat." Sari tried to push him away.

"And you just have to destroy the mood." Hoya commented but he continued on hugging Sari.

That he wished they could be like that forever.

 

"Noona, where is Sari?" Myungsoo asked as he finished his morning jog. Now they are back in the apartment with Boa.

"Oh I asked her to get Hoya for me so we could all eat breakfast together." Boa replied as she finished on making tea for everyone.

"But yeah, they are taking so long." Boa added and she giggled.

Myungsoo heard her giggle and he felt something has happened between them. He doesn't even like it one bit.

Then he heard the sound of the door clicked open.

"We're back." Hoya said and entered together with Sari.

Sari went in first and walked up to Myungsoo.

"Good morning, how's your injury?" Sari asked and Myungsoo replied, "I'm fine. It will recover soon enough."

"That's good. Then, let's eat!" Sari announced and zoomed in the dining area. 

Myungsoo felt slightly disappointed but at least she asked him on how is he.

Then he looked at the guy who came later.

Hoya looked up too and he smirked.

Myungsoo twitched his eye in annoyance.

 

"That hit the spot! Thanks unnie!" Sari thanked Boa while she rubbed her belly in circular motion.

"No problem. This is really nothing to me." Boa said and she looked down while she fiddled with her hands. "Actually, I'm really happy you guys are here. I was lonely all by myself."

The guys and Sari looked at Boa and they started to feel so bad.

Then Sari brought up the conversation to brighten the mood, "Don't worry! We will always visit here for you, unnie."

"Aw, thanks Sari! You're the best." Boa stood up from her chair and gave Sari a big bear hug.

"We will always come here whenever we have free time." Hoya added.

Myungsoo nodded in agreement, "We can bring the other guys too."

Boa looked at Myungsoo and her eyes twinkled in excitement, "You mean, your friends! The what they call your group again?" She broke the hug from Sari and she thought for a few seconds when Sari answered it for her.

"Infinite."

"Oh, right!! The more, the merrier." She smiled in glee.

The three just smiled sheepishly, at least they cheered her up.

 

"Thanks for everything, unnie." Sari thanked again.

"As I said, don't mention it." Boa said and she gave everyone a hug, and Myungsoo just blushed like an idiot.

"We will always come back sooner or later, noona." Hoya added and Boa held his hands.

"Hoya, please always take care of Sari." Boa favored and Hoya nodded.

"I will."

After they said their farewells, Hoya and Sari went to the other direction towards the apartment they are residing. And then, Myungsoo went on the other side towards the dorm where the Infinite is waiting.

But Myungsoo suddenly wanted to enroll in a martial arts academy so he can protect Sari with all his life. So he made a turn and changed his destination.

 

Since Sari is almost fully recovered, Hoya wanted to bring Sari to an ice cream parlor to brighten her day up than the usual.

"Want to go eat some ice cream?" Hoya offered and Sari quickly averted her gaze to him. She vigorously nodded and her eyes twinkled in glee.

"Okay then. Gaja!" Hoya said and he unknowingly held Sari's hand that made her heart gave a big thump. She flushed at the sudden contact. She doesn't know why and it feels strange for her but she shook the thoughts away and she went along with it. Is it because of her dream last night? That it felt was so real? Are her feelings for him, real?

 

"Gosh, this is the best despite yesterday." Sari commented and took a big bite of her supreme banana split sundae.

"And you should be more careful, my lady." Hoya propped his elbows and stared at Sari the whole day.

"Don't call me that. You're not my butler." Sari scolded but Hoya doesn't seem fazed by it.

"I would be willing to be everything just for you." Hoya added another cheesy line that made Sari gave him a weird stare.

"Are you ok? Did you hit your head or something?" Sari asked and she stood up from her sit. She placed her hands on Hoya's forehead to measure the temperature. Hoya has been taken aback and his ears turned red.

"You seem fine. Stop scaring me." Sari removed her hands from his forehead and sat back again.

"I'm really fine, it's just you really look good today." Hoya complimented her and Sari looked away to prevent him from seeing her flustered face.

"N-no, I'm not." Sari stuttered. "It's just Boa unnie made me wear a skirt today." Then she looked down and she started fiddling the ends of her skirt.

"It's not because of that, you just changed. Not the cold and heartless Sari anymore and I like that." Hoya explained.

"And you had that certain glow." Hoya added and took a good look of Sari.

"Glow? What am I, the moon?" Sari chomped off the last bit of the sundae left on her bowl.

"You are the moon, the stars and the sun that would brighten up the day and the night." Hoya said it cheesily that made Sari cringed and had goosebumps.

"Gosh! Stop it! I can't take it anymore!" Sari covered her ears and Hoya started to laugh heartily at her reactions.

Even though Sari hated to hear those kind of things, her heart started to beat uncontrollably.

Is her dream true or not? She wanted to confirm it so she can rest peacefully.

Their day continued on like that and they had the best day despite on what happened.

Sari just won't admit it but Hoya does.


Author's note: I think this story is way too cliche' but I am still continuing it! I am gonna finish this story up and start another one, featuring Dongwoo and OC. I am still thinking of a plot but it's gonna be shorter than this. Thanks for reading and have a fulfilling day. Annyeong!