Tired But I'm Happy

Last Descendants

Chapter XVIII: Tired But I'm Happy

 

After the whole ordeal Sari went to, the three bid farewell to Boa who is now tending the attackers of Sari. As they went out of the building, Myungsoo approached Sari. He rubbed at his nape as he faced her.

"Sari, let's cancel the date for now, you must be tired." Myungsoo suggested since he worries a lot for her.

"No, it's fine. I just want this to get it over with." Sari frankly said and pinched at the bridge of her nose.

"Ouch, those words kind of hurt." Myungsoo expressed hurt from her words.

"That's Sari for you." Hoya said bitterly yet thankful at the same time.

"Ya Hoya." Sari threatened Hoya who raised his arms in the air in surrender.

"Sorry!" Hoya quickly apologized. He doesn't want to be the next victim after those girls.

"Seriously, let's just cancel it for today." Myungsoo insisted on cancelling it and Sari seems to comprehend on how he genuinely feels.

Sari thought for a minute as she gripped tightly on the strap of her backpack.

"Ok, thanks for worrying about me when you shouldn't." Sari slightly smiled and felt happy for some reason.

Myungsoo reddened at the sight and is now constantly scratching his head. He looked away in embarassment.

Then Myungsoo regained his composure and said something out of the blue.

"I still worry because you're still human, right?" Myungsoo stated the truth. Sari is surprised and has been hit by those words deeply.

Well, because it is the truth, she is human after all. She let out a chuckle and rubbed her nose from the coldness.

"Yeah, you're right freaktard. Thanks." She grinned and slightly punched at Myungsoo's right arm.

Myungsoo smiled back.

Hoya, on the other side, felt out of place but relieved at some point. Now that Sari has to realize that she is human, not some machine.

 

The duo and Myungsoo parted ways as they went home for an early sleep. They have a tedious and tiring week especially for Sari who had to take care of the rabid fangirls on not getting near her. Not to forget the history exam she hated so much.

Both of them, Sari and Hoya, are now in their comfy sleeping attire who are now ready to sleep. But Sari felt like wanted to do something first before calling it a day. She just wanted her mind to wander off and let her thoughts run wild. So she went to the sofa and sat as she brought her mp3 along with her to listen to.

Hoya finished brushing his teeth and washing his face. He yawned as he walked out of the bathroom then he saw Sari on the couch in deep thought.

Curiosity came, Hoya went to where she is and sat down beside her.

"Hey, what are you thinking?" Hoya disturbed her train of thoughts.

"Anything that my mind can think of." Sari replied without looking at him, as she continued to stare at nowhere.

"Well, I think that's a lot." Hoya leaned in comfortably on the sofa as he rested his head, looking up at the plain old ceiling.

"Yeah, I got pretty tired by thinking so much." Sari rubbed her eyes and leaned on Hoya's broad shoulders.

"What specifically are you thinking?" Hoya asked and waited but no response came. He glanced to where Sari is and  saw that she is already past asleep.

Hoya smiled warmly, "Must be tired eh. Let's get you to bed, my princess."

He carefully carried Sari bridal style who is now sleeping soundly. When he carried her, she suddenly clutched at his shirt and went nearer. Hoya was shocked that he almost let her fall from his grasp.

Then she suddenly started mumbling something, "Hoya..."

Hoya stopped in his tracks and looked at her. He thought she was awake but she is still asleep.

He suddenly became confused on to why she is calling his name. But he just shook it away. Thinking it even more makes it complicated.

 

Hoya entered Sari's bedroom and put her on the bed gently. He pulled up the comforter and put it over on her. After doing it, he decided to stay there and brush her hair soothingly by using his hand.

"I wanted to confess everything but I don't want to break it by saying it."

I like you.

"It's really hard, seriously."

Hoya stopped and stood up from where he is. He is now going to walk away but he suddenly felt a hand on his, stopping him on his tracks yet again.

"Don't... go..."

Hoya looked back stunned bu held her hand gently and securely. "I won't go anywhere."

He held Sari's hand on both of his, then a faint smile graced on her peaceful face.

Hoya smiled at the sight, "You're so vulnerable but it will still kill me."

He stood up from his seat and planted a chaste kiss on her forehead without breaking contact from holding her hand.

"Goodnight, my princess."

He sat again and dozed off beside her. Still holding her hand like his life depended on it.

 

Saturday morning came and sunlight beams penetrated through the windows as it hit on Sari's features. Her eyes slowly opened and blinked many times to adjust the view. She saw that the clock read 8:00am in the morning. Shock by it, she suddenly sat up from her bed. She forgot to wake up earlier for training. It's pretty odd for her but she knew that she was really tired yesterday in dealing with the exams and the morbid fangirls.

Then she suddenly felt something warm on her hand. She glanced at the side and saw that it's Hoya's. Confused, she let go slowly and nudged him slightly to wake him up.

Hoya groaned and woke up slowly from his seat. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

Sari questioned him and continued to bombard him with questions, "Why are you sleeping here?"

"Why are you holding my hand?"

"Did you able to sleep well?"

Hoya held his hand up to stop Sari from bombarding him questions in the morning.

"Woah there, one at a time. I just woke up." Hoya stood up and stretched his arms out.

Sari jumped out from the bed and fixed her bed.

Hoya helped and answered Sari's series of questions, "First, I slept here because you clinged to me. Second, you suddenly held my hand and said don't go. And third, yes, I slept well. Don't worry."

Sari just shrugged, "Ok, but did I really do that?"

"Yep." Hoya directly answered.

"Well, that's embarassing." She looked away and pinked.

"Don't be, it's just me." Hoya gave her a funny looking smile that made her suddenly laugh.

"What's with the smile, couz?" She pointed at his face.

"Nothing, just to make your morning happy."

"Well, it did." She hugged him out of the blue and he hugged her back.

"Nowadays, you give hugs out of the blue. It doesn't surprise me anymore." He rubbed her back in circles soothingly.

"I need hugs since some things are now stressing me out and you're the only one is making me feel better." She hugged him tighter which made her feel warm and safe in his arms.

Hoya reddened and fortunately Sari is not looking up to him or she could have seen his red face.

"Aww, I feel like I'm in love with you now." Hoya blurted out on what his heart can say and clamped his mouth shut.

Sari flinched and looked up at him, "Ya, don't joke around."

"aha ha, okay okay." Hoya breathed out a sigh of relief but his heart is beating faster than the usual.

Sari is the same too and she could hear from Hoya's beating of the heart.

Like their hearts are beating at the same time in perfect synchronization.

She doesn't know why, she really doesn't know why. What is this strange feeling? It feels so surreal for her, so new but she doesn't want to stop it. She wanted it because it felt great for her but at the same time, scared. It soothes her and it made her at peace. That's all what she wanted but she needed to stop it or she might get wrong ideas.

Sari broke the contact and Hoya suddenly felt cold. He wanted more of her hugs.

"Let's eat breakfast." She went out of her bedroom leaving Hoya there.

Hoya still stood there and sighed, "When will I be able to tell her?"

I don't know when the time is right. He thought glumly.

He suddenly heard Sari calling out to him.

"Hoya, help me cook breakfast."

"I'm coming." He replied back and went out of Sari's bedroom.

When the time is right, I will. I don't know when but I will.

After we defeat the assassin who killed the clan.

I realized know, no more hiding.

I want to be with her forever.


Author's note: Update! I hope you enjoyed it. I don't know when will the story end but I hope you continue reading it. Comment and subscribe. Kamsahaeyo yeorobeundel. Annyeong! Na kalkkeyo.