Confession

Last Descendants

Chapter XXVIII: Confession

 

Early morning, Sari woke up before Hoya does. Why? Because she has been avoiding him for three days. Three days. Since the day she found out that she is really in love with him, she emotionally panicked.

Sari quickly took her uniform from the wardrobe and wore it as fast as she can. She decided that she will be having breakfast at the convenience store and go straight to the school.

After Sari ate her breakfast at the nearest convenience store she flash stepped to her school. Since she was so early, she decided to do her training and meditation.

"It's been three days. Jeongmal mianhae Hoya. I'm still not ready."


Hoya woke up a little later and felt groggy. He thought about the last three days that Sari is giving him a cold shoulder. He's been thinking about it since that day happened. He felt lonely and heartbroken. Deep inside, he really wanted to cry but to him crying is a sign of weakness. So he decided not to.

When he stepped out of the room, emptiness embraced him. He cannot caught up to Sari. Whenever he saw her, she always disappear in an instant and that frustrates Hoya.

"Can you just let me see your face?" He talked to himself with a defeated voice. "It felt like years that I haven't seen you."

I miss you, Sari.

 

Sari finished her meditation and went to her assigned classroom. But instead of seating beside Hoya, where she usually sit, she sat on another chair far from him. When she sat on her chair, she stared off space and wondered how he has been. It's been three days yet she missed him dearly. She wanted to go to him and embrace him but she was too scared on what will happen next. On what will happen to them.

 

The Infinite gang arrived on the school together and as usual, there are mob of fangirls waiting for them and the other guy students just let out a deep sigh.

Then Hoya arrived not later on and caught up with them but he didn't notice that he was with them.

"Hey, Ho-" Dongwoo wants to greet his buddy but Hoya walked straight like a zombie and didn't notice his presence. Dongwoo started worrying. The gang noticed it too.

"It's been three days huh?" Sungyeol mentioned.

"Yeah, I wanted to help but we really didn't know what's going on." Sunggyu sighed and scratched his head in frustration.

"I'm worried for them, especially noona." Sungjong pouted.

Myungsoo and Woohyun didn't know what to say or feel. They knew that they lost but they started worrying about the duo.

"Agh! I need to get these two back together. Seriously." Dongwoo messed his hair in frustration.

"I know how you feel bro. I don't like this kind of feeling." Sungyeol agreed.

 

Hoya entered the classroom and glanced around the classroom. He spotted a familiar person sitting far from him but she was facing her back to him. He decided to go and have a talk to her. He can't take the silent treatment anymore and it is killing him.

Sari felt the aura and suddenly stood up from her chair and ran out of the room.

"Sari! Wait!" Hoya called out to her despite the students' glares. He doesn't care anymore he just wanted to be with her again like old times.

 

Sari ran all the way and flash stepped towards the rooftop, to where no one will bother her. She panted and plopped down on the ground.

"It hurts." She muttered weakly.

 

Hoya gave up when the bell rang and he can't caught up to her.

 

All day has been gloomy because the Infinite gang has been affected by them.

"Who wants to eat at the new burger place?" Sungyeol suggested since he noticed everyone was down.

"Nah, I'll pass. I have something to do." Sunggyu replied and went first. "Bye guys."

"Me too, I need to help my sister. Bye hyungs." Sungjong went on the other direction.

Sungyeol brought his head down, "I don't like these days. It's horrible! So let's go eat!" Sungyeol took the two, Myungsoo and Woohyun to the new burger place.

"Hey!!" Myungsoo shouted and wriggled from his grasp but he can't let go. Woohyun did too but gave in.

The three already went to set out to the new burger place. Dongwoo was left alone on the campus and decided to help his buddy out.

Coincidentially, Hoya is on his way back to the apartment and Dongwoo approached the guy.

"Hey, Are you alright?" Dongwoo patted Hoya's back and he weakly nodded.

"Ya, you're not. Just say you're not and let it out." Dongwoo sermoned.

"I miss her so much. I don't know what happened but I wanted to know what. But I don't know what to do."

Dongwoo stood there and thought for a minute. Then a light bulb appeared.

"Bro, you're close with Boa seonsaengnim, right? Why don't you ask her?" Dongwoo snapped his fingers and slapped Hoya's back to wake him up.

Hoya slightly lit up and nodded, "Let's go to her she might know."

The two decided to visit the infirmary of the school.

 

"Annyeong haseyo Boa noona." The two greeted and Boa turned around. She gleefully greeted her guests.

"Hi guys, where are the others?" Boa greeted and ushered them to sit on a stool.

"They went to their own business." Dongwoo answered and nudged Hoya's side.

"Hoya has something to ask about." Dongwoo added.

"Ok, what is it?" Boa went to her swivel chair and sat down. She went near to the two.

Hoya lifted his head and didn't hesistated to ask, "Noona, do you know why Sari has been acting like she is avoiding me?"

Boa blinked in confusion, "Avoiding you? For how many days?"

"Three days." Hoya replied.

Three days? Boa thought and she recalled something from that day and she gasped.

The two startled from her reaction and they anticipated for her answer.

"I don't know if I should be telling you this but she didn't say anything." Boa twirled the tip of her hair.

"What is it?" Hoya clasped his hands tightly.

"She... she..."

"She what?"

"She likes..."

Hoya then suddenly came into a realization and Dongwoo too noticed it. Hoya's heart suddenly started to beat faster than normal and Dongwoo slapped Hoya's head. "Man, you're dense too!!"

Boa finished her sentence, "She likes you as a man."

Hoya stood up and bowed, "Thanks noona, I'll be going first. Bye bro!" He greeted goodbye to them and he went first.

"Goodluck. Best wishes for you two." Dongwoo chuckled.

Boa smiled and felt so proud then she faced Dongwoo and asked, "Want some coffee?"

"Thank Boa seonsaengnim. I'll have one." Dongwoo politely thanked.

"Eeeyy, just call me Boa noona. I hate formalities." Boa stood up and poured some coffee for them. The two started to have a new conversation when Hoya went first.

 

Sari, where are you? Hoya jumped on the buildings and he is trying to sense where she is located right now. He wanted to confirm it if what Boa said is true. Hoya's heart fluttered at the though of Sari especially when he knew that she likes him as a man.

When Hoya noticed her aura, he quickly went there and to his surprise she was just on the playground sitting on the bench, alone.

"Sari." Hoya muttered her name and finally smiled. Hoya did his best to conceal his aura to avoid from Sari running away again.

 

Sari sat there on the bench deep in thought, "I can't take it anymore. I must end this and confess."

But she can't do it. "Ugh, this is rather difficult. I hate this complicated feeling."

"I've gotten weak." Sari then clutched her clothes where the heart is located.

She went on and on when suddenly someone hugged her from behind and she froze.

Instead of punching him right on the face, she froze there on the spot. She knew who it was when that person let out his aura.

"Ho-hoya... I-" Sari stuttered and her heart started beating rapidly.

Hoya hushed and hugged her tightly like he hasn't seen her in years.

"I missed you... so much. Don't do that ever again." Hoya softly said and he Sari's hair.

Sari gotten teary eyed and started to let her tears flow silently.

"I'm sorry. I'm scared." Sari choked because of crying. Hoya let go of the embrace and Sari felt slightly disappointed. But Hoya came around and sat beside her. He put his arms around her and pulled her in close to him.

"Scared of what?" Hoya asked and wiped Sari's tears away with his fingers.

"I can't say it."

"Don't be. I like you Sari, not as a cousin nor a friend but as a woman." Hoya admitted and kissed her forehead with warmth and reassureness.

Sari is taken aback by his action and stopped crying.

"You knew? How?" Sari questioned him and Hoya scratched his head.

"I asked Boa noona and I'm glad I did. Thanks to Dongwoo." Hoya cuddled Sari.

Sari didn't say anything and leaned on him. "Sorry and thank you for understanding."

"Ey, that's not what I want to hear." Hoya pouted. Sari blinked twice and tilted her head.

Hoya smiled and can't resist her cuteness so he pinched her cheeks lightly.

"Don't act so cute in front of me or I'm gonna kiss you for real." Hoya threatened and Sari's eyes grew big.

"What is it that you want to hear?" Sari thought for a minute and she knew what it is.

"I like you, Hoya. I really missed you too." Sari confessed and the two sat there under the starry night sky.

Hoya then gave Sari a warm and the-feel-so-right kiss.

The two continued and didn't let go of each other.


Author's note: Gah, I'm so sorry. I lack motivation to update but here it is. Enjoy!