Avoiding Him

Last Descendants

Chapter XXVII: Avoiding Him

First thing in the morning, Sari kept avoiding Hoya for she always tell in her head that there is no reason. She kept avoiding those words in her head. She doesn't want to accept the fact that it is. And she always felt strange when she always thought of 'him'. She kept asking herself, 'why?'

When Sari woke up in the morning, the sun shone down passing through her windows and birds can be heard chirping and singing. She felt gleeful when nature greeted her like that as she woke up but...

"Sari! Let's train on the roof!" Hoya barged in and it really woke Sari up.

"Can't I get a peace of my mind? It's too early to shout!" Sari took her pillow and slammed it on Hoya's face.

Hoya didn't dodge because it was too fast and it hit directly on to his face, hardly. He was now in pain while clutching his sharp nose.

"Ack, that hurts." Hoya let out a tear. "Curse you. I'm gonna attack you."

Sari raised her right eyebrow and tilted her head, "Attack me with what?"

"Tickle." Hoya gave her a sinister look.

"T-tickle? H-hajima." Sari felt her spine crawled up and gave her goosebumps.

Hoya walked up to her bed and jumped to attack.

Sari screamed and Hoya started his tickling attack on her.

Sari started laughing and Hoya continuously tickling her. She tried to stop it but to her avail, it failed. Tickling is one of her weakness especially on her tummy and Hoya is the only one who knew it.

"S-stop hahahaha it. Hoya hahahahaha!! Please!!" Sari pleaded to stop him in between her laughs.

Hoya stopped and Sari used this chance to put him under her.

But when she has done that, they were really in an awkward position.

Both of them processed they were in and their faces flushed red like a tomato.

Accidentally, Sari and Hoya's face were a few inches on each other and they stared for a few minutes.

Sari hoped he haven't heard the loud thumping of her heart and Hoya thought the same for him.

"I ah gonna go now!!" Sari stood up first and flash stepped away from him.

When Hoya noticed she has gone, he clutched his head in embarassment while his face is still red hot.

And that's why Sari has been avoiding him in the morning. Or not only in the morning.

 

After training, Hoya prepared the food and set it on the table. Sari finished showering and wore her school uniform.

Hoya called her out, "Breakfast is ready!"

She replied back, "Yeah, I'll be right there." Sari lastly wore her blazer and went out of the room.

But when she glanced at him, she completely saw a different light from him.

Is he really that handsome? Why am I only noticing it now? Sari slapped herself to reality and paled.

"I'm really losing it." She mumbled to herself.

"What are you losing it?" Hoya asked from behind her and Sari quickly moved away from him.

"Nothing!" She squeaked. Then she suddenly remembered what happened earlier. She suddenly blushed and looked away from him.

Hoya scratched his head in confusion.

"Let's just eat." Sari said and ate her meal.

"Ok." Hoya just nodded.

 

After breakfast, Sari and Hoya are side by side as they walked out from their apartment. Sari suddenly felt strange all of a sudden. Like her stomach is tied into a knot and her heart beats faster than before.

Hoya noticed it and saw Sari's cheeks are red.

"Ya, gwaenchana? You looked sick." To make things worse, Hoya got nearer to her and placed his right hand on her forehead.

"You seem slightly hot."

Sari faced him and their faces are inches apart. Her face has gotten redder if that's possible.

Not again. She mentally thought. Then she made a run for it.

"Sari!! Wait!!" Hoya called out but Sari ran farther now from him.

"Seriously, what's wrong with her?"

 

Sari finally arrived at the school campus when she used her flash stepped. She let out a breath and saw the Infinite came in.

"Oh Sari, wattne. Hoya eodiseoyo?" Dongwoo asked.

"Why isn't he with you?" Sunggyu asked too.

Sari fixed her hair and thought of an excuse, "I just got ahead of him because... um... he had.. something to do so I went first." She faked a laugh.

"Oh really?" Sunggyu nodded.

"Then let's go in and wait for him there." Dongwoo said.

"Yeah, good thing you're alone." Myungsoo said and Sungjong shook his head. "Really hyung?"

"I kind of agree." Woohyun whispered but Sungyeol heard it. Then Sungyeol went to Sunggyu.

"The love triangle continues." Both of them snickered.

"But I thought it's love square." Dongwoo butted in.

"Oh yeah, you're right." Sungyeol laughed. Sunggyu just shook his head.

"Let's go, the bell's gonna ring."

 

When Sari entered the classroom, she saw Hoya there on his seat. He noticed her presence and he quickly ushered her to sit down on her chair.

"Where did you run off to?" Hoya asked and Sari couldn't speak, Away from you.

"Here in school of course. Why?" She answered while facing the board.

"I got worried! ." Hoya said and Sari felt the same feeling again earlier.

Aish, i neukkim do. Sari cursed in her mind and she excused herself to go to the comfort room.

"Ya, Sari! Eodiga?!"

 

When Sari arrived, she went in front of the sink and opened the faucet. She splashed her face with the water that flown on her hand.

"What happened to me?" She asked herself then she splashed her face again with water.

"This is not me anymore."

"I've gotten weak."

She continuously spurted words to degrade herself. Then she suddenly thought of someone who can help her.

"Boa unnie!" Sari lightened up and quickly went to her infirmary. She didn't bother going to classes. Now, in her mind, the most important thing is to figure out her 'sickness'.

 

She arrived at the infirmary and went in. He face lightened up, "Unnie! I'm glad you're here."

Boa turned her swivel chair towards the guest.

"Sari! What are you doing here? The classes are still on going." Boa stood up and walked up to her.

"Are you hurt somewhere?" Boa suddenly began to worry and started looking for her injuries.

"Aniyo unnie. Geunyang, nae maeumi ppallayo." Sari said.

"You're heart goes fast?" Boa said. "Tachycardia?"

Then Sari continued, "My heart, why is it like this? It goes really fast and my stomach feels weird."

"Are you having a sickness?" Boa asked starting to get really worried.

"I dont know. And also I started to get flushed cheeks. Especially when I'm around with him."

Sari trailed and Boa started to get an idea. She got worried for nothing and she grinned brightly.

"My baby is already grown up." Boa went near her and hugged her tight.

"Aigoo, nae aegiya. I'm so proud of you."

"What are you talking about, unnie?" Sari asked with a confused expression.

"You still didn't figure it out? How dense, Sari." Boa .

"Ey unnie! Ppalli malhaejwoyo. Mwondeyo?" Sari waited for an answer and Boa thought of a question.

"Wait, you're sickness is attacking when you're around with a certain someone?" Boa questioned and Sari nodded.

"And who might that person be?" Boa started to smile widely. She asked that question but she knew it already.

"H-hoya." Sari stuttered and she covered . 

"I knew it." Boa laughed. " Do you know now why?"

Sari uncovered and she paled, "N-no way? Is it what you think it is?"

"Oh? You know now." She grinned again, she can't really stop smiling.

"Do you want me to say it?"

Sari nodded and embraced herself for the incoming answer.

"You're in love." Boa squealed and hugged Sari tight.

"I can't believe this!!" Sari screamed and fainted.

"S-sari! Hey!!" Boa panicked in a short minute and sighed, "You fainted because of this. What a samurai you are Sari."

"But at least you know now." Boa placed Sari on the bed.

"Finally, my baby has grown up."


Author's Note: Joesonghamnida!! It has been so long but at least I updated. Only a few chapters left.