History?

Last Descendants

Chapter V: History?

 

"Just get it straight to the point about the enemy." Sari interrupted as she leaned on the railings.

"Really? You don't want to hear about what happened." Hoya asked to confirm.

"Yeah. I get bored easily." She yawned.

"Ok then. The enemy who attacked us are from a ninja clan. They wear a yokai mask to conceal their identity."

"Ninja? I thought we are in good relations with them?" Sari got surprised at the information.

"We still are but the enemy's different. The one who attacked us are the assassins."

"Assassins." Sari closed her eyes in deep thought and glanced at his cousin.

"But they will just attack us if someone is giving them orders." She confirmed the fact.

"Exactly but we don't know who could it be." He agreed and continued, "And that's what we're going to find out."

 

Hoya and Sari went on their separate ways to finish their own school task before the lunch bell rings. Hoya went back first to the classroom and Sari decided to go first to the library and borrow some books.

When she arrived there, the place is way too quiet but she doesn't mind. She approach the history section and tried skimming through tons of books to find about their clan's history. If it does exist but in her mind it does seem impossible. After a while she took two to three books in her hands and sat on the farthest corner of the library.

She scanned the pages from the books she took for a few minutes, she gave up.

"This is hopeless. Our clan has the answer." She groaned as she leaned on her arms.

Out of the blue, there's one man entered the silent haven and sighed in relief.

"Best place to avoid those annoying girls." He exhaled and he saw someone at the end of the library.

Curiosity got over him and decided to approach the person who is leaning her head on her crossed arms.

As he got nearer to the person, his face scrunched up contemplating to disturb her or not but he figured that maybe that she is one of the fangirls so he decided to seat to the other side facing her.

Then she suddenly lifted her head up that made the man got shocked at her action.

"I got it!!" She exclaimed and that made the man screamed.

The librarian hushed but Sari shrugged it off and then she glanced at the man seated in front of her.

"What are you doing here Jerk?"

The man recovered and pretended to cough like the scream never happened.

"Please stop calling me Jerk and my name's Kim Myungsoo. Got it, Miss Icy?" He hissed.

She raised her brow and pretended like he's not there. She never bothered to introduce herself to him and stood up from her seat to return the books from the shelves.

Myungsoo's vein popped out in annoyance, "How dare you ignore me?"

He stood up also and grabbed Sari harshly to face him that made her flinched in pain. The books fell from her grasp and Myungsoo paled at the sight.

"Dang it!!" She cursed and blood suddenly seeped out from her uniform.

The librarian hushed them again but they didn't bother since what was happening right now is horrifying in Myungsoo's sight before him.

He still stood there stunned as he saw the girl in front of her clutching in pain from the wound, blood seeping out.

She tried to stand up but failed in vain. Myungsoo snapped out from his daze and tried helping her up. First and foremost, to get her to the infirmary.

"Let me help you up." Myungsoo tried to but she just shoved him away.

"I don't want any help from you, Jerk." She scrunched her face in pain and slowly stood up from her place. She is still clutching her right waist and got blood on her hands.

Myungsoo felt guilty and sorry for what he had done to her.

"Please let me help you and I'm sorry." He pleaded, scared to what he have done to her.

Sari looked back at him and clucked her tongue.

"Fine." She complied and wrapped her arms around his neck. He got goosebumps at her touch but shrugged it away and supported her.

They started walking away to the infirmary.

 

The lunch ended and Hoya became worried to what had happened to his cousin.

He fidgeted in his seat and decided to go out and look for her but the teacher came.

"Darn. Where could you be?" He muttered under his breath.

 

Luckily, on the way there, there were no students in sight and knew that the bell rang a few minutes ago.

As they arrived, Myungsoo opened the sliding door and the nurse looked up to them in horror.

"Quickly put her on the bed." The nurse ordered and Myungsoo dragged her on the way to the bed and he put her there safely.

Sari started having cold sweats and is still clutching her waist.

At some point, Myungsoo gotten even more worried than before.

What did I do? He grimly thought.

"Please go now and return to class." The nurse said but Myungsoo declined.

"No, I need to stay. It's all my fault." He clenched his fist firmly and the nurse understood.

"Okay but please stay outside." Myungsoo nodded and walked out from the infirmary but stayed near the door.

Once he is outside, the nurse removed her blazer and her uniform top.

The nurse gasped at the sight.

"What happened to you?!" The nurse glanced at the eight stitched wound.

"I cannot tell you that." Sari admittedly said.

The nurse shook her head and treated her first.

"You know this is not an ordinary wound." The nurse took out the first aid kit and started cleaning up the wound and putting on fresh bandage.

Sari showed no reaction and just closed her eyes.

As the nurse finished that, she noticed something on her back. She went to her right waist and gasped.

"Someone must have really tried to kill you." The nurse mumbled under her breath and she cleaned the wound on her back.

Sari just sighed and asked a favor, "Seonsaengnim, please don't tell anyone about this."

"I understand." She smiled at Sari and she was surprised about that.

"You easily agreed?" Sari knitted her brows in confusion.

"Yeah." She replied ecstatic.

"Why?" She questioned the weird nurse.

"Well, let's put it this way. You have this." She pointed on her right eye and Sari is starting to realize.

Then she now asked, "Are you part of the samurai clan?" 

Sari widened her eyes in shock. "What?! How would you know?"

The nurse chuckled. She made her way to the chair and sat.

"The familiar aura that you emit seems similar to someone I know."

"Who?"

"Master Yunho, your master. Kim Sari." She smiled at Sari.

"How did you know my name? You know Master Yunho?" She gaped.

"Of course, he is my best friend." She reminisced. "I'm the only one who know his identity and I recognize you when you were little." She added.

For the first time ever, Sari felt enthusiastic at a new found family.

"Seonsaengnim, what is your name and who are you?" Sari asked.

"My name is Kwon Boa but call me Boa unnie. I don't mind the formalities. Since you're Yunho's student for as long as I can remember. Practically, you're my sister or daughter." She went beside the wounded girl and patted her head.

Sari glanced at the nurse with grief, "But you know that Master Yunho is not from this world anymore, right?"

Boa looked at her in the eye, "I know but in my heart he's always there. Same as to you." She pointed Sari's heart.

She smiled and agreed, "Yeah. You're right Boa unnie."

"Aww, you're so cute and pretty." She lightly hugged Sari and made her feel shy at the comment.

Boa broke the contact and remembered the boy outside, "Oh yeah, I forgot the one who helped you."

"By the way, is he your boyfriend?"

Sari choked and rolled her eyes. "No."

Boa chuckled, "Okay, if you say so Sari."

 

At the other side, Myungsoo waited patiently but is soon running out and is now facing back and forth in front of the infirmary.

"Why are they taking this so long?" He stopped and grabbed his hair in anxiety. But he stopped when the door opened revealing the beautiful nurse.

"You may come in now but please avoid being loud. Okay?" She smiled but emitting evil aura.

"Y-yes ma'am." He stuttered in fear.

Boa walked away leaving the two when Myungsoo already entered the room. He approached at the girl who is now lying on her bed peacefully.

She glanced up at him but when he got near, she looked away.

Myungsoo felt a twinge of pain in his heart. He took the chair near him and sat on it in front of the bed where Sari is now.

"Hey, I'm sorry for what I did earlier." Myungsoo rubbed at the back of his head in guilt.

"I didn't know you were injured. No, scratch that. I shouldn't have done that to you."

Sari averted her gaze back to him, "It's fine. I don't mind it. I should have been more careful."

Myungsoo felt not guilty anymore but that ruined when she retorted back.

"I should be away from you to avoid this incident." She muttered montonously.

"Hey!!" Myungsoo shouted but stopped himself. He might get killed when the nurse found out he's being loud.

Sari suddenly smirked, "You know you screamed like a girl earlier."

Myungsoo flushed in embarassment, "I-I didn't."

"Don't worry. I won't tell a soul." She laughed.

Myungsoo gazed at the now laughing girl and his heart melted at the melodious sound ringing into his ears but he mentally slapped himself. What's wrong with me? He groaned and Sari stopped laughing.

"You can go now. I can take care of myself here." She ushered him away, he complied but he stopped when he had  almost forgotten something.

"What's your name? I haven't asked you that." He stood up.

"Kim Sari. Don't worry we won't be able to meet again."

"I doubt that." He muttered under his breath and walked out from the room.

 

After dismissal, Hoya frantically ran when he knew that his cousin is in the infirmary. He harshly opened the door and approached her.

The sleeping Sari awoken from her slumber when he heard the noise.

"Couz?" She slowly opened her eyes and saw him. 

"S-Sari!!" Hoya cried animatedly. She sighed, "Don't be such a crybaby. I'm fine."

"B-but I failed again." He weeped and weeped and Sari twitched her eye in annoyance.

"I shouldn't have left you alone."

She smacked his head to make him stop crying. He is now clutching his head in pain.

"Who did this to you?" Hoya asked ready to kick his whoever he is. She sweat dropped at his extreme change of behavior.

"Nothing of importance. It was an accident."

"Fine if you say so." He didn't pry even further since she won't say anything. He took the chair out and sat where Myungsoo was earlier.

Then the nurse, walked into the room and saw a different guest this time but she knew who it is. Hoya stood up and bowed at the her.

"Oh my, you're Kim Howon. Am I right?" The nurse asked him.

"Yes, that's me but how would you know my name seonsaengnim?" Hoya's brow scrunched up in confusion and Sari chuckled.

"I already told Sari this. I am a best friend of your Master Yunho. I am Kwon Boa but call me Boa noona." She grinned.

He gaped and turned to look at Sari. "You knew?"

"Just a while ago. She told me everything."

"How?"

"Our auras. She knew. And also, when she treated my wound."

"Yes my dear." She nodded and approached at the stunned boy. Suddenly she hugged him.

"Now I have a brother and a son." She ruffled his hair.

Hoya reddened at the contact and Sari chuckled at her cousin's expression.

 

After a fun conversation with their new found family. She permitted that Sari can go home now and rest. The two cousins are now walking together when a familiar student approached them.

"Sari, I heard you were hurt. Are you ok?" He worriedly asked Sari.

"I'm fine Woohyun-ssi." She assured him.

"Thank goodness." He sighed in relief. "Oh and did you like what I gave you yesterday?"

"Yesterday?" Hoya faced Sari. She cowered, "Okay, I just wanted to have some fresh air and he came."

Hoya sighed, "Next time please tell me the full details Sari."

Sari faced Woohyun with a warm smile and nodded. That made him felt blissful at the response she gave to him. She just smiled. He smiled widely in thought.

The cousins started to walk away and Woohyun waved them goodbye.

 

"Okay, you went out from the apartment while I was gone?" Hoya stated.

"Yeah, but it was only a little while. Just near here."

"What if someone appeared and attacked you. You're still injured, you know." Hoya clearly worried at his cousin.

"Next time, when you go out. I'll accompany you till your wound is healed." He said but it's more like a command.

"Yes sir." Sari grumbled.

"Good, because how many times have your wound been beaten?" He walked to the freezer and took out the ice cream. 

Sari thought, "A few times."

"A few times and how could your wound be healed in a week?!" She sighed.

He went over to her and gave her the icy treat.

"Here, eat up. I got my off today."

"Why? That easily? You're still new."

"I'm close to the manager." He smug.

"Whatever." She scooped the ice cream and ate it.

 

Meanwhile, there is one boy who keep tossing and turning on his bed. He can't keep still when he is thinking about a certain girl for he is still worried about her.

"I hope she's fine."

Then a thought of her made his heart go wild. He clutched his chest feeling weird, "Why am I feeling like this?"


Author's note: I have nothing to say. Enjoy.