To the Rescue!

Last Descendants

Chapter XXXIII: To the Rescue!

 

Hoya arrived at the scene and saw Sari sat on the ground with a sharp katana pointed at . Hoya saw that and quickly went ahead of others. When the assassin is going to make the move, Hoya shielded Sari from getting slashed.

Sari opened her eyes and cried in relief, "Hoya."

"I'm sorry I failed to keep my promise but now I'm here. I will protect you."

The others finally arrived at the scene and saw that Hoya is shielding the attack from the assassin.

"Dongwoo hyung, get Sari away from here." Hoya shouted as he pushed the assassin away with force.

"Ok!!" Dongwoo ran with Sunggyu towards Sari. But Sari is against it, she won't leave Hoya alone fighting the enemy.

"No! I will fight with you." Sari stood up but she staggered.

Dongwoo and Sunggyu helped her up. "Don't push yourself Sari, you're badly wounded."

Dongwoo put her arms around him and Sunggyu did likewise to carry her from harm.

Sari gritted her teeth with her eyes closed, "Damn it!" I can't do anything at all, I'm stil weak.

Sunggyu softened and comforted her, "Don't beat yourself up. We'll help Hoya. We're all friends, right?"

"Don't put all the burden on yourself, noona." Sungjong ran towards them and helped Sari up. Dongwoo and Sunggyu passed Sari to Sungjong and Sungyeol.

"We'll leave it to you guys." The hyungs said and the maknae nodded. Myungsoo and Woohyun caught up and saw Sari badly wounded. Dongwoo and Sunggyu picked a rusted metal pipes along the way and helped Hoya in his battle.

The battle ensues with the four. Hoya, Dongwoo and Sunggyu versus the enemy.

"Sari! Gwaenchanayo?!" Myungsoo and Woohyun asked Sari with worry.

"Yes, I'm still alive." Sari replied while scrunching her face with pain.

"You're not okay, we need to bring you to the hospital." Woohyun said and Myungsoo added, "Pronto."

Sari shook her head rigorously despite the pain she's been feeling right now.

"No. I won't leave Hoya." Woohyun and Myungsoo sighed in defeat and stood up.

Myungsoo started cracking his knuckles, "If that's what you want, We'll comply."

"We'll help your boyfriend defeat the enemy." Woohyun grinned. "Take care of Sari."

Sungjong and Sungyeol nodded with assurance, "Leave it to us and help the guys."

Myungsoo and Woohyun entered the battle.

Sari  and the two prayed for their safety.

 

Hoya continued giving spontaneous attacks at the assassin giving him no time to recover. Dongwoo and Sunggyu managed to give the assassin a bit of damage. But the two took a lot of damage.

Dongwoo and Sunggyu moved back and breathed.

"That's one tough guy." Sunggyu commented and spitted out some blood.

"You can say that again." Dongwoo said and started attacking the assassin again.

"You guys ok?" Hoya asked them while defending his attacks. The assassin blood boiled in anger, "How dare you talk to them while fighting me?"

Hoya smirked, "Because I feel confident that I could defeat you."

"Mwo?! How could you say that?" The assassin hissed and attacked Hoya.

Hoya defended and pushed the assassin away, he smiled and grinned in confidence.

"Because my friends are here and..." Hoya is starting to move in a unique manner and charged but disappeared in front of the enemy.

The assassin widened his eyes. Hoya appeared behind him but in a finished stance.

Dongwoo and Sunggyu gaped their mouths open at what happened. They saw Hoya disappeared while charging at the assassin and appeared behind him in a finishing stance.

Suddenly blood splattered from the assassin's chest, shouting in agony.

Hoya returned to a normal stance while sheathing his katana back to his scabbard. He then finished his sentence, "And I have someone to protect."

The assassin kneeled on the ground in pain. Myungsoo and Woohyun arrived in the scene a bit too late.

"Battle's over?" Myungsoo felt disappointed but Woohyun sighed in relief.

"Yeah, I can't believe I saw that unbelievable move." Dongwoo still in awe.

"It's like straight out from the movies we watch." Sunggyu added.

Hoya approached his friends and thanked them greatly, he bowed deeply. "Thank you guys, I couldn't do it without all of you."

"Hey man, stop doing that." Dongwoo pulled Hoya up and slightly punched his shoulder.

"We're friends, right?" Hoya looked at them and they all smiled.

Sungjong and Sungyeol while carrying Sari, arrived at the scene. Hoya saw her and quickly approached.

Hoya gently carried Sari as Sungjong and Sungyeol passed her to him.

"Thank God you're alive." Hoya suddenly began to be teary-eyed.

Sari slightly knocked Hoya's forehead and slightly laughed, "Don't talk as if like I'm dying, you dork."

Hoya gave a light yet warm kiss on her forehead. Sari blushed. The guys can't help but cheer and wolf-whistled.

"Guys." Sari covered her face in embarassment.

"You two get some room." Sungyeol teased the two.

However, the assassin groaned in pain and moved.

All of them looked back in alert, Hoya embraced Sari with overprotectiveness.

"You two really grown so much." The assassin chuckled but not as evilly as it was.

The two grew puzzled, then they saw black smoke escaped from the assassin. The others were taken aback from what happened.

When it disappeared, the two suddenly felt something changed from the assassin.

"I can stand now, Hoya." Sari said to Hoya and he put his arms away from Sari. Now Sari stood straightly.

Then, a wave of familiarity hit them. Sari suddenly felt nostalgia and tears streamed down from her face. Hoya felt his heart crack into a million pieces.

The others were confused as to what was going on.

Sari then cried her heart out and Hoya embraced her tightly but with gentleness.

 

"H-hey, are you two ok?" Dongwoo asked them and they can't answer that. The other started to worry deeply.

Sari stood up and started running towards the assassin and knelt beside him. Hoya followed and stood beside Sari.

"W-what's going on?" Sungyeol asked but nobody could answer. They just kept quiet and see the events unfold.

 

Sari stopped herself from crying and opened to say something but was cut-off by the assassin.

"You two grew so much. Thanks for saving me."

Sari cupped and started crying again. She gently removed the hood and the mask revealing a man they knew so much from the past. The one they treated as one of the most precious person in the world.

"Master Yunho." Sari bit her lip hardly and started to bleed. Hoya looked away and felt crushed by the image before him.

The dying man weakly smiled, "H-hi guys." He croaked, "Long time, no see."


Author's note: It's 2016 and I updated and it's kind of short. I still hope you guys like it! Two more chapters left, I guess. Haha! Have a wonderful year ^_^