Assassin

Last Descendants

Chapter X: Assassin

 

The guys kept running and running through the narrow streets of the neighborhood as they follow the two to an unknown destination.

Surprisingly, the cousins haven't noticed the Infinite despite on having a great sense to know who are following them. But this time, they have great concentration to the enemy which hindered to sense the six guys who are below them.

 

"We are getting closer right now." Hoya muttered with much seriousness.

"Let's be on guard.", Sari quietly announced and Hoya nodded.

They disappeared in thin air and hid behind the trees. Suddenly, Sari sensed a great deal of familiarity of the place.

"Wait, this is..." Her eyes widened and Hoya clenched his fist.

"Our past." He answered with grief. "How could they?"

"Tch. I will kill them by my katana." Sari's eyes changed drastically from shock to intense rage. Her other heterochromic eye lit up intensely with a blue flame.

Hoya noticed the malicious aura that she is emitting, so he quickly went to her side and calmed her down by putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Please calm down Sari. We have a mission to accomplish and I cannot afford you to be like this." 

I cannot afford to lose you.

Sari calmed down slowly. She took in a big breath and exhaled.

"You're right. I'm sorry couz." She hanged her head low. Hoya stared at her and patted her head gently.

"Don't be." Hoya slightly smiled.

"Let's go."

Sari nodded and now they set to find the assassin.

 

"Hey, can you hear what are they saying?" Myungsoo asked and Dongwoo shook his head.

"Nope, but they don't look so good." Sunjong replied. "And did anyone saw their eyes?" He added.

"Yeah, luminescent blue eye with a blue flame. So that's why they wear eye patches at night." Sungyeol intuitively said as he rubbed his chin in thought.

"Yeah but guys, I think this is really a bad idea." Woohyun said and wants to withdraw.

"Yeah, we should not into people's business." Sunggyu agreed to Woohyun.

"Let's go home." Sunggyu added.

"No way, I want to see more." Sungyeol disagreed. "Now that we got started."

Then right before there eyes, the cousins took off.

"Hey, they're moving away. Let's go." Sungyeol ushered the group.

Sunggyu sighed. He had a bad feeling about this.

 

Hoya and Sari stood at where the assassin's aura can be found but he is nowhere to be seen.

"This is odd." Hoya said and prepared in a defense stance.

"Be on guard. He might appear suddenly." Sari warned as she took out her katana.

The dusk came and the wind blew gently to the two.

Then a voice heard from behind them, chuckling.

"You really came, Heir to the Kim Samurai Clan."

Hoya and Sari quickly turned around and stepped back away from him.

"Show yourself, assassin." Sari shouted firmly.

The assassin shown himself before them, covered his face in a mask.

Disclaimer: Not my pic, belongs to the owner. Is this Assassin's Creed??

"Do you know who am I? Princess." He taunted.

"The one who killed my clan." She replied with no reluctance as she gritted her teeth in anger. Blue flame in her right eye is very evident from everyone to see.

"Aha, that is correct. I'm surprised you didn't charged in and slit me with your sword. How nice of you."

Then he saw the katana you are holding.

"Oh, the sword inherited to you by your faher, The Sword of Futsunushi."

(A/N: Futsunushi is a Shinto God of Swords.)

"You talk to much." Sari shut him up as she charged in full assault battling the assassin.

"Sari!!" Hoya called out with a hint of worry but he charged in beside Sari, as they battle the assassin.

The assassin can handle the two very well in a hasty pace.

"Well, well not so bad. But you won't be able to defeat me." The assassin gracefully avoided Sari's horizontal slash. He took the advantage of slashing her at the back. Sari flinched when he vanished and felt him at the back.

"Tch." Sari waited for the painful hit but nothing came. She turned around to find Hoya defended the assassin's attempt to attack you.

Sari regained composure and used the chance to attack him while Hoya is holding him in place.

"Sari, hurry!!" He shouted. Sari ran at full force with her katana grasped in her hands.

"Aaaaaaaggghhhh!!" She swung her katana strongly at the assassin's back.

The assassin screamed in pain.

 

"S-sari, H-hoya?" Dongwoo stuttered repeating the cousins' name like a broken record.

The scene before them shocked the whole entirety of their being. Does this kind of thing exist for real in the modern world? Questions roamed throughout their minds as they watched the duo battling an enemy.

"This is better than an action movie. I want a popcorn and a soda." Sungyeol commented and the eldest smacked his head.

"There's no time for that, ."

"Ow. I'm sorry, I was so shocked so I blurted something nonsense." Sungyeol rubbed at the back of his head.

"That's the problem, hyung. You always say nonsense things." Sungjong reacted and Sungyeol glared at him.

"Be careful, Sari." Woohyun muttered under his breath as he watched the girl swinging her katana ferociously to the assassin.

Myungsoo suddenly recalled the horrific memory happened between him and her. That can't be, is that what it is?

 

The assassin screamed but after a while, an evil laughter came from his mouth. Hoya and Sari quickly stepped back away from him in confusion.

"You thought that you got me. Wrong!!" The assassin regained himself and faced the cousins.

"I always came prepared." The assassin knocked his chest and a sound of metallic can be heard.

"You two have a lot to learn. We will meet next time again." The assassin vanished before them. "Oh and don't bring some of your precious friends, they might get killed also." He added as the voice echoed through the woods.

"Wait!!" Sari staggered slightly and the rain began to pour out. Hoya came up and held her in his arms.

"We failed Hoya." She squeezed her eyes and tears began to pour out as it mixes with the rain droplets on her face.

"Not yet. Let's rest for now." Hoya stood up and helped Sari up.

Now the assassin's gone, the cousins felt familiar presence from behind the bushes.

"Come out! I know you guys are in there." Sari called out to them in fear and anger.

Hoya rubbed his eyes in exhaustion, "Geez, they followed us."

 

"You guys saw the whole thing?" Hoya asked them.

The Infinite can't speak because of what happened so they just all nodded in reponse.

Hoya sighed and Sari just stared off space. They are now taking shelter in their former home since it is already night time and some of them are far away from home. It's dangerous to walk out at night but good thing the rain has stopped.

"Let's just all rest and we will talk about it sooner or later." All of them agreed and Sari just sighed.

The Infinite are now wearing a yukata from the clan's wardrobe while Sari have a spare clothing from her former room. She also wore an eye patch on her right eye as well as Hoya. They were drenched when the battle came to a halt and the assassin vanished.

Hoya walked back to the kitchen and prepared some warm teas for everybody.

Then Myungsoo used this chance to talk to her but she's not in a mood to talk or to have a conversation with.

"Um, Sari. I, um. The wound from last time is it from him?" Myungsoo stuttered but said it straight to the point.

Sari closed her eyes and nodded. "Yes, so now please don't talk to me." 

"I-i'm sorry." Myungsoo scampered off and went back to his place beside Sungjong.

"That's not a nice move, hyung." Sungjong shook his head.

"Sorry." He apologized.

Hoya now came back with a tray of warm teas on it, he put it on the low table.

"Drink up while it is still warm, especially you, Sari." Hoya glanced up to her and sent a warm smile.

"Thanks couz." She gladly took the cup of tea and drank slowly.

While they are now on gathered around the table, Sungyeol suddenly asked a question to the cousins.

"Who are you two really?"

Hoya rubbed his nape and it seems he cannot escape from this predicament.

"We are the last descendants from the Kim Samurai clan." He answered truthfully. Sari just leaned herself on the wall and let Hoya do all the talking. Hoya knew Sari don't want too many questions to be answered by her, she really hated it.

"But for all I know, samurais are originally japanese. How?" Woohyun asked a related question from the first one.

"One great ancestor married a korean, that's what happened." Hoya kept it simple and short, he too seems grew tired.

"And who is the guy you fought with?" Sungyeol asked again this time.

Hoya flinched and Sari gritted her teeth.

"The one who killed our clan." Hoya replied mournfully.

"Oh, I ah am so sorry." Then a tense awkward silence lingered in the air.

Sunggyu elbowed Sungyeol at his side, "You punk."

Sungyeol let out a muffled scream of pain.

"That's why we are the last two from the clan but I have duties to fulfill and for Sari." Hoya said clenching his fists tightly.

Since there is no way they can keep this a secret, the cousins have to tell everything.

"Duties?" Sungjong asked with curiosity.

"To protect Sari with all my life because Sari is the heir of our clan. A Samurai Princess."

"Princess?!" The group exclaimed in unison.


Author's note: This update is to make it up for you guys for being late. Please comment and subscribe. Thank you! And just to remind you guys, the chapters I post are not edited. That's all.