Rivalry and the Truth

Last Descendants

Chapter XXVI: Rivalry and the Truth

 

The three guys stood face to face with each other with their arms crossed. Lightning can be seen coming from their eyes, as it seems they have a staring contest. After a few minutes of attacking each other by staring, Woohyun broke the silence.

"I am not giving up on her."

Then Myungsoo stepped forward facing Woohyun, "So do I."

Hoya smirked, "You guys have no chance."

"What?!" Woohyun and Myungsoo chorused. They felt agitated to what Hoya said and he smiled confidently for he will be sure that he will be able to get the certain samurai girl's heart, Sari.

"Then let's see who will be able to be the first one to ask Sari on a date this coming school event." Woohyun challenged them.

"The school dance? Sari hates those kind of events." Hoya truthfully said.

"Figures." Myungsoo smiled, deep inside of him for he started to let his mind wander about Sari.

"Stop smiling, you're freaking me out." Woohyun annoyingly said.

Hoya shook his head and stayed quiet, he actually doesn't want to drag Sari on this kind of thing. He feels that he will betray Sari behind her back for betting on winning her heart.

So he...

"I refuse to participate." Hoya backed out.

"Chicken?" Myungsoo dissed lamely.

"No, it's just I don't want to do this. I don't want to force Sari." Hoya said it in a serious manner and with worry.

The two contemplated to what Hoya said and they understood.

"You're right." The two chorusedly agreed.

"Let's just do this, act normally and let's see if she wants to go with whoever will be, wins and be her date on the school dance."

"Okay, you're on." Myungsoo shook hands with Woohyun.

Hoya let out a exasperated sigh. He felt something will go wrong with this kind of idea.

 

"Hoya! There you are. Let's go!" Sari dragged Hoya out of the school building before the Infinite comes, which she finds annoying. And not only because of that but also for other reason.

"What's with you?" Hoya, who seems confused, asked Sari.

"Nothing, I just wanted to be with you." Sari said it out of the blue and she suddenly stiffened.

Hoya stopped and slowly looked at Sari, "What did you say?" Did I hear her right?

Crap. Sari cursed in her thought.

"I mean, I... uh..." Sari cursed again and she knew she isn't good in this type of situation that she isn't ready for.

Wait, why am I getting like this for? He is my cousin and my best friend. Is he?

Is he?

Sari's mind suddenly wanders and tugged Hoya's blazer.

"Hey, I have something to ask you." Sari said as she looked down aimlessly at the ground.

"What is it?" Hoya faced her and nervously waited for her question.

"Who are you?" Sari brought her head up and asked him.

"W-what do you mean?" Hoya has been taken aback by her question.

"I think you know what I mean."

Hoya stayed quiet for a while and he suddenly smiled at her.

"I'm your cousin and your best bud, right?"

Sari looked through his eyes and she knew he was lying.

"Tell me the truth, I'll understand." Sari pleaded and she wanted the truth from him.

Hoya closed his eyes and sighed.

"Let's talk about this somewhere else."

Sari agreed and both of them disappeared in an instant.

 

Both of them arrived at the empty playground near their apartment. They walked to the bench and sat side by side with each other.

"Now let's go back to the question, who are you?"

Hoya can't escape from this one and now that Sari seems to know something. He can't lie through her.

"I was actually an orphan of your uncle. I just became a samurai because my 'dad' taught me and gave me his 'blood' to me through ritual."

Sari's eyes widen as she heard the words 'orphan' and 'blood'. So technically speaking, they're not of the same blood.

"You're an orphan?! They kept that secret from me?" Sari let out and exasperated sigh.

"I'm sorry." Hoya apologized with his head down and who can't bear to look at her.

Sari smiled and let out a chuckle, she felt she has gone crazy. Hoya looked at her confusedly.

"Why are you laughing?" Hoya asked who seems bewildered and her actions destroyed the mood.

"I don't know. Life makes everything so complicated. But I won't make this complicated."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I mean is that no matter who you are I still accept you and not make things complicated."

Hoya got what she meant and laughed.

"I see what you mean. Thanks Sari."

"It's nothing to be thanked about because you're my family, my friend and my..."

"loved one?" Hoya jokingly continued and earned a slap at the back from Sari.

"Aish, chincha." Sari slapped Hoya again and looked away. She suddenly felt hot all of a sudden.

Hoya laughed and took a peek at Sari, "Why are you blushing?"

"M-me? I'm not!" Sari covered her face and instantly disappeared from her seat.

"Hey! Wait for me!"

 

Flashback

After the three decided on doing things on their own to ask Sari on a date to a school dance, they separated on their ways and went back to the classroom.

At lunch, Sari is on her own world at the library to study for the exam when someone bothered her.

"Sari, can I bother you for a second?"

Sari removed her headphones and looked at the person who disturbed her, Woohyun.

"It's already been past seconds, what is it?" Sari impatiently waited and Woohyun asked her without beating around the bush.

"Can you be my date at the school dance?"

"No." Sari instantly declined and Woohyun walked out dejectedly after Sari's hurtful response.

 

Then break came because the professor has been absent, Sari came out from the room and let in a breath of fresh air. When another person came to disturb her tranquility.

"Sari! I have to say something."

"Oh freaktard, what is it?"

"Please stop calling me freaktard, it's Myungsoo." Sari didn't bother so she asked.

"So what is it?"

"Can you be my date-" Before Myungsoo finished his question, she instantly declined.

"No." Sari let out a sigh and went in to the classroom leaving the rejected Myungsoo. Some students heard it and it brought embarassment to him.

"Aish. This is a first." He let his hand ran through his hair in frustration.

 

Lastly, dismissal came and Sari is packing her things up. She suddenly sensed the two again and she quickly ran away from the classroom. She suddenly remembered Hoya on where he went.

"Where is he when I need him?" Sari talked to herself and suddenly remembered he had something to do for the teacher. "Oh right, I remember."

Then suddenly stopped running and hid in a dark corner when she sensed the two.

When they ran past to where Sari hid, she suddenly heard two girls' voices on the hallway.

"Do you know who is that guy, who is always with the girl and Infinite?"

"Oh him, why?"

"I wanted to ask him on a date on the upcoming school dance. He looks so cool and handsome."

"I agree with you. I actually had my eyes set on him the first time he came with his cousin."

"What? I'm gonna ask him first."

"Fine, fine. He is yours, sheesh. I'm just gonna ask Myungsoo oppa or Woohyun oppa."

"But did you know that guy is actually popular?"

"Oh really? I sensed that too."

"Who are you talking about?" Another girl arrived and butted in the conversation.

"The guy who is always with his cousin and Infinite."

"Oh you mean Hoya? Lee Howon. He's my classmate and he is so dreamy."

"I know right?"

When the three walked away while continuing their conversation, she felt a hard tugged on her chest. She can't take it anymore when the girls' talked about her cousin.

She felt unbelievably annoyed at the situation right now and suddenly went out from her hiding spot. She walked briskly and approached the three girls.

"You know that he is going to take me to the dance. Sorry girls." She threatened them and they scaredly ran away from Sari.

"Sorry!!" They screamed.

When they are out of sight, Sari used her flash step and went out from the school building. When she saw Hoya from far away, she quickly ran to him.

"Hoya! There you are. Let's go!" Sari dragged Hoya out of the school building before the Infinite comes, which she finds annoying. And not only because of that but also for other reason.

End of flashback


Author's note: Sorry for the long time you waited but I finally updated. So here it is, I am going to fast forward the story and end it. There will be a few chapters left. Annyeong! I hope you enjoyed and please comment.