Kidnap the Princess

Last Descendants

Chapter XXX: Kidnap the Princess

 

It is already weekend and Sari decided to do training on the rooftop, the usual. She knew to herself that she has been slacking in the past few days. But now since she let those feelings out to the certain person in her heart, she felt relieved.

Sari noticed that Hoya wasn't in his room so she thought maybe he bought something from the market. Since she noticed they ran out of ingredients from the fridge. She will just wait for him  while she is doing her training. So she quickly went to the rooftop.

Sari now stood on the highest level of the building. She took out her wooden sword and took stance. And a drop of sweat rolled down on her face. She took a deep breath and started with the slashing techniques. The sun rises from the east and she is still training earnestly. However, she suddenly felt a chill from somewhere. And also with the gravity of aura she was feeling, it made her kneel down on the ground. She felt fatigued and she wasn't able to stand up. Then, someone appeared before her.

"Hello princess, oraenmaniyeyo." The person before her cackled evilly and she knew that familiar aura and voice. Her eyes widened in vigilance and fear. She couldn't doubt herself that she is totally frightened.

Sari took great effort on lifting her head to glance at the person. She clenched her fist and her eyebrows met in the middle, "You." 

"Yes, it's me." He laughed. "It's nice to see you're now bowing before me. How delightful." He laughed louder than before and Sari gritted her teeth. She felt somethingis draining her life and she felt weak by the minute.

Hoya. Dowajuseyo. Jebal. She pleadedly thought.

The assassin didn't think twice and knocked Sari out. Sari fell on the floor faced down. The assassin took the unconscious girl and vanished in thin air.

 

Hoya is buying Sari's favorite ice cream, after buying all the ingredients that he needs to cook breakfast. When he suddenly felt a chill and an ominous aura around him. And a part of him is suddenly lost.

He suddenly thought something bad happened to her, "Sari." He paled.

He quickly rushed out from the market leaving his grocery cart full of food. And he quickly flash-stepped to get to the apartment.

But when Hoya came to the apartment, he felt traces of evil aura and Sari's aura. He then knew the familiar evil yet ominous aura he felt right now.

"The assassin." Hoya cursed then. He summond his katana and followed the trail where the assassin went.

While pursuing the assassin, Hoya blamed himself for not protecting her. As he thought about it more, he degraded himself even more. But doing that is not going to solve anything so he firmly decided to save Sari and kill the assassin.

 

Dongwoo and Sunggyu are out to buy breakfast from the convenience store. But when they went out, they ended up buying instant ramen. Again.

Sunggyu sighed, "Really? This is all we could afford?"

Dongwoo sighed back in reply, "My mom hasn't sent me my monthly allowance."

Then Dongwoo looked up to see the sky. He then saw someone flying and he noticed the familiar face of a girl the man is holding.

Dongwoo paled, "S-sung-gyu h-hyung." He stuttered as he pointed at the sky.

Sunggyu noticed his colorless face and raised an eyebrow.

"Yah, gwaenchana? Musun iriya?" 

Sunggyu shook him and Dongwoo is still pointing up.

"L-look up!!" Dongwoo shouted and Sunggyu looked up and his face went pale too.

"That hooded man is familiar." Sunggyu felt shivers shot up from his spine.

"We gotta tell Hoya." Dongwoo quickly took out his phone and called Hoya. But to no avail, he couldn't reach him.

Dongwoo cursed and he just decided to pursue him, "Let's follow him." Sunggyu agreed even though he is totally scared.

"Ok, let's go."

 

Sunggyu isn't the only one who is scared but Dongwoo too, the most scared right now on what's happening. Especially, on what's going to happen to Sari. He couldn't afford to let someone hurt her because she is their little sister and Hoya's special person. Even though she is stronger than them.

 

Hoya forced himself to go faster to catch up with the assassin.

"Please don't die on me."

 

Meanwhile, Dongwoo and Sunggyu also pursued the enemy that they had encounter before.

Dongwoo took out his cellphone again as he dialed his friends' number.

"I'm gonna call the others." Dongwoo said as he put his phone on the ears.

Sunggyu nodded in response, "Arasseo. Who are you calling?"

"Woohyun. He's likely to answer the phone."

Finally the phone picked up after a few beeps, "Woohyun, we need you guys right now. This is urgent."

"Hyung, waeyo? Did something happen?"

"Sari has been kidnapped by the assassin we've seen before."

On the other side of the line, Woohyun stood up from what he heard.

"Mwo?! Where are you guys?"

Myungsoo and the others looked at Woohyun with confusion.

"Hyung, what happened?" Sungjong asked him.

Woohyun replied, "Sari has been kidnapped."

All of them stood up in response, "We can't be sitting around here. Let's go!" Myungsoo said.

"Where are they right now?" Sungyeol asked Woohyun.

"Where are you guys?" Woohyun asked Dongwoo on the other line.

"We're nearing to the school building. Ppali!!" Dongwoo replied quickly as they ran to where the assassin went.

"Ne hyung! We're on the way." Woohyun hung up. The guys in the dorm quickly went out and ran to where the others are.

 

Hoya is still pursuing him and he happens to stumble to the Woollim high, then he saw the two.

"Dongwoo and Sunggyu hyung. What are they doing there?"

He noticed both of them are tired of running and stopped in front of the school gates.

Hoya descended from the building he is jumping on and approached them.

As he landed, the two shot up on who is it and they sighed in relief but they suddenly panicked.

"Hoya!! Sari has... Sari has..." Dongwoo wasn't able to complete the sentence. Hoya stopped him.

"I know, that's why I have to hurry." Hoya said and he starts to run after her when the two guys stopped him.

"Wait! You're not gonna do it alone. We're gonna come with you." Sunggyu said firmly. He remembered the time when Sari and Hoya has been beaten badly.

Hoya hesitated, "But what do you guys can do?"

"We'll know when we get there." Dongwoo and Sunggyu replied at the same time.

"What?! You guys could get killed. This is serious and Sari's life is on the line." Hoya exasperated.

"We can't leave you alone. We're friends, right? Friends help each other when life gets tough." Dongwoo quoted and Sunggyu agreed.

Hoya was surprised to hear it from them and how calm they are in this situation.

Crap, what situtation did I get into? Sunggyu scarily thought.

Dongwoo, calm down and breathe. Dongwo calmed himself down, like a mantra.

Finally the other guys arrived, "Ok, let's go!!"

Hoya flash stepped and jumped on the building. The Infinite gang had to run faster.

"Gosh, I wish I was a samurai too. So I could do that too." Sungyeol wished and the others finally agreed to something.

 

The assassin arrived at the rundown place isolated from the city. Sari finally woke up and her eyes fluttered open but she dared not to move. She will take the opportunity to attack the assassin from behind.

When the assassin stopped midway, Sari quickly summoned her katana and stabbed the assassin from the back. The assassin lose his hold on Sari and she fell down on the ground.

The assassin cried in pain.

Sari quickly got back on her feet and faced him in a fighting stance.

The assassin coughed blood, "I wasn't expecting that." Even the assassin has been inflicted he laughed.

"As expected of the princess." He smirked under his hood.

"I will kill you, right here right now." Sari pledged and she charged to the assassin.

Both of them fought and Sari is doing her best to defend those strong attacks from him.

"Is that all you got? I thought you're going to kill me." The assassin provoked her and that made Sari got hot-blooded.

Sari shouted and charged at him again.

This time the assassin defended but he is not losing confidence. Sari continued on striking him when suddenly the defense the assassin made Sari's katana flew over. Now the katana is at Sari's throat.

"I win." The assassin laughed evilly and Sari gritted her teeth.

Hoya, I'm sorry. A lone tear escaped from her eye.

"Say goodbye, princess." The assassin is going to strike her.

Sari waited and waited. But she heard it and opened her eyes. She cried, "Hoya."

Hoya now stood facing his back to Sari, "I'm sorry I failed to keep my promise but now I'm here. I will protect you."


Author's note: Only two or three chapters left :) Thanks for reading.