Mystery Arises

Blackmail My Thief

 

“So…” Taemin started. “This is awkward…”

Minho and Key nodded their agreement. Yaeyoung and Jonghyun had yet another fight at the table. This time about what they would order, in the end, they just had the other three orders for them.

“Hey babe, wanna hang out with me?” a confident, smiling man grinned down at Yaeyoung.

She smiled up at him, “No, thank you though.”

A resentful expression was on his face as he walked away.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and groaned, muttering under his breath.

“What?” Yaeyoung snapped.

“Nothing! Did I say something?” he snapped back.

“Yea, you did! It was probably something insulting!”

“Well you know what?” Yaeyoung abruptly got up, making her chair fall backwards.

“What?” Jonghyun got up the same way, mirroring Yaeyoung’s anger.

“I’m so sick of you!” Yaeyoung yelled. “You’re always yelling at me and judging me! What the heck is wrong with you? You don’t even know me!

“Yaeyoung, you might not want to say that stuff in public.” Minho said putting a hand on her shoulder. “Sit down.”

With a shake of her head, Yaeyoung brushed Minho’s hand off her shoulder. “I’m leaving. Thanks for dinner.”

“You can’t just leave like this!” Jonghyun tried to stop me.

“Oh yea? Watch me.” she started to walk off.

“No you don’t!” Jonghyun stormed after Yaeyoung. “You don’t deserve to be mad right now!” he growled. “I have the right to be mad right now!”

“What the heck? Who do you think you are?” Yaeyoung stopped and whipped around, the night breeze shaking her black hair around.

He yelled back. “I’m your boyfriend! And you’re my girlfriend! That means you don’t have the right to go kissing other guys!”

“What? What are you talking about?”

“L? On the train?” he glared, “Don’t even think about denying it now. I saw it with my own eyes.”

L? On the train? Omg does he mean… Yaeyoung shook her head and rolled her eyes. “I don’t have to explain myself you to.”

“Oh yea you do! You asked me who I thought I was. I’m your boyfriend. That means I should be only one who can touch you, especially your lips.”

Yaeyoung’s eyes flashed, “You’re not even my real boyfriend! You don’t even like me! Why do you care who I kiss?”

I don’t know. I don’t even know why I’m so worked up over this…Jonghyun just fumed and glared at Yaeyoung, puzzled by his own actions.

She gave a frustrated sigh, “You know what? I give up…just go back down to dinner. You’re probably hungry. I’ll order room service.” Shaking her head, Yaeyoung went into her room leaving Jonghyun outside.

“I don’t know why I’m so mad.” He whispered to her door. “I don’t know why we always seem to fight, how I always act around you. I just…don’t know.”

 

“Has it been confirmed?”

“Yes sir, the target has promised the child to save them. She has made sure of their safety. Would you like me to disrupt it?”

The tall, imposing man shook his head, tapping his cigarette on the dish. “No, no. I couldn’t care less about the child and his family. Don’t mind them. The target though, that’s a different story. It’s time I show myself, but not completely. Make sure she doesn’t know anything about us and can’t find anything. Be extra careful, especially because of her pesky brothers and her family connections. I don’t want to be known, is that clear?”

“Yes sir. It will be done right away.”

 

I looked at myself in the mirror. A person wearing black skinny jeans, black leather jacket with a big collar, and black sneakers stared back at me. Her long black hair tied up into a ponytail and her ivory skin was the only thing bright about her.

“I can’t believe I brought these clothes to the beach…” I murmured to myself. “I’m nuts.” Turning away, I walked to the window that faced the fire escape. “And I can’t believe I’m doing this on my break. Mom would disapprove.”

With one foot on the window pane I laughed, “Yea, like I usually listen to my mother.” Rolling my eyes, I jumped into the duskiness of the night.