Fast Moving Train

Blackmail My Thief

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while...but thank you so much for the people that stayed, i love you guys so much! :D for your patience, a chapter ^^

 

 

“Don’t move. Or I’ll kill her.”

Everyone in the train car froze and slowly turned towards me. Or more accurately, towards the man behind me. Panic bubbled in my stomach but I kept it down. You can’t get jumpy now. Calm down Yaeyoung. Calm down.

I took a couple of deep breaths before I opened my eyes again. The scene in front of me hadn’t changed. Everyone was still, still in shock as they stared in horror at me then at the man who held me captive. My eyes darted around, looking for a reflective surface.

Perfect.

The phone screen was being held up by the director. He had been in the middle of a phone call when the intruder had interrupted. No I should say intruders. As in more than one. Behind me, two big burly men were standing, all with a gun in their hand and a deathly blade on their waist. Well besides the one who was pressing a sharp blade to my throat. At that thought, I remembered to breathe shallowly and slowly, not wanting the knife to have any more pressure against my skin.

“Hang up the phone.” one of them ordered. “He’s freaking annoying.”

“Hey? Are you there? What’s happening? Did you solve the problem? Yah! Park Saewon!” The director shakily pressed end on the phone, cutting off the squeaky voice from our ears.

“Now, everyone put your cell phones in the bag. Hurry it up!”

A brown sack was passed around and everyone dropped their phones into it as if it was burning. Jonghyun was the last to drop it in. I met his eyes as he gave the bag back to one of the thieves. I could see the shock turn into worry then into burning fury. His muscles tightened ever so slightly.

No! Jonghyun NO! Don’t even think about it! Please! I pleaded with my eyes. Jonghyun seemed to understand what I was saying and he gritted his teeth but he didn’t move.

“Is that camera running!” one of them shouted. He started to lumber over to the one working camera on the train.

“No! It’s not! Didn’t you hear us? We said it was brok-,”

“SHUT UP GIRLIE!” my captor growled, his fowl breath next to my ear. “Or do you want to die?” as if he wanted to enunciate what he was saying, he pressed to knife into my skin. I bite my lip as the pain registered in my brain. Don’t make a sound Chang Yaeyoung. You cannot give him the benefit of seeing you in pain.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Jonghyun start to move towards me when Minho stopped him. His hands constricted Jonghyun’s arms, preventing him from going any further. Thankfully, none of the criminals saw them.

“Please, let us go! What do you want?” the director pleaded. “If it’s money, we can give it to you! We all hold a lot of power in the entertainment industry! We’ll do anything you want! Please!”

“Really?” he smirked. “Who are you guys? What’s your name?”

“M-my name is Park Saewon, I’m a director-,”

“Hey you!” barked the criminal and my heart stopped as it was directed towards Jonghyun and Minho. “What are you doing? Let go of that kid! I don’t want you to do anything funny you punks.”

Minho stepped back slowly with his hands up, releasing Jonghyun. But thankfully, he seemed to be calmer and retrained himself from doing anything stupid.

“Go on.” He ordered the director again after he was satisfied with Minho’s new position.

“If you c-call my company, they’ll be able to-,”

“You!” the man yelled again. The stage producer jumped, frightened at his loud voice.

“Y-yes?” she stuttered in fear.

“Is he telling the truth?”

“W-well…I-I…uhh…” she stammered in terror, unable to form sentences in her state of fright. “I-I…”

“Talk! Now!” He roared back at the terrified girl. “Are you DEAF?”

“Stop!” I yelled, “Can’t you see that she’s scared?”

“You!” the man took away the knife and roughly grabbed my arm. I grunted and winced in pain as he jerked me against the wall, my back crashing against the door. “Stop interrupting you brat! Do you want to get hurt?” he raised his hand against me and I involuntarily closed my eyes, waiting for the lashing pain.

“Wait.”

“What? But-,”

“Shut up. Didn’t you hear what that idiot said? The people here are famous! This brat might be able to get us something. This, Yaeyoung Chang.” A dirty smile appeared on his face and a thick finger jabbed her cheek.

With a furious expression I glared at the man.

“Ooh, nice glare too, you know what? Maybe I’ll take you.”

“Don’t you dar-,” Jonghyun snarled.

“Whoa, down puppy, relax.” He chuckled. “It’s not like I need your permission to take her anyway. I do what I like.” Then he smirked, “And you can’t do anything about it.”

Jonghyun’s eyes flashed but he didn’t do anything.

I need to do something! I can’t let these people just controlus! Gritting my teeth I looked around for something to use.

Nothing, freaking nothing. There’s nothing here! I glanced around the train, looking at the people’s scared faces. I need to do something. I can’t let these people get hurt.

Luke. His face popped up into my head. Luke, I hope your weird sense of knowing when I’m in a pinch works because I would really love your help right now! I really hope you’ll come. But for now, I looked up at the criminals with a determined expression, I’ll keep them busy.

“Why are you doing this? What do you want here?” I directed my questions to the one I thought was the leader.

“Why? You don’t need to know why. All you need to know is that I’m doing it now.” he started to turn away when he stopped and sneered back at me. “Oh, and if you’re trying to distract me, it won’t work. This is a fast moving train; nothing is going to happen so don’t get your hopes up.”

I clenched my fists and started to reply when the window besides me shattered. My hands went up automatically to protect myself from the glass pieces.

“What the-!”

“A fast moving train huh? It must not be that fast if I can get on it so easily.”

The wind that could freely enter the train car fiercely whipped up everything inside. The figure was barely visible as I shielded my eyes from my hair and other particles. But it didn’t matter; I didn’t have to see him. I just needed to hear his voice. A smile whispered across my face.

“Why you punk!” the leader raced towards the figure and in the momentary confusion, I whipped out my leg and tripped the one that held me captive and with a quick hit to the head with the of his own gun, he was out for the count. As soon as I did, the train was abruptly stopped and the doors forcibly opened. The police then stormed in and arrested the two.

“Fast work, you haven’t changed.” A smirk and a hand to help me up appeared in front of me.

“Same with you, always knowing when I’m in trouble. And like before, it’s creepy.” I took his hand and got up. “How do you do it?”

He just smirked.

“Still not going to tell me?” I sighed and smiled. “Well, thanks Luke.” I quickly closed the gap between us and kissed his cheek. Stepping back, I winked at his shocked expression. In a few seconds, he quickly recovered.

“That brings back memories.” He said with his own special smile.

“It does doesn’t it?” Yaeyoung smiled back. “We used to do it all the time.”

L chuckled in return. “It’s different here. Maybe we shouldn’t do that anymore. You never know when one of my fans will catch it.”

“Oh, you have fans now?” she smirked.

“Of course. Who do you think you’re talking to?”

“Uhuh, sure.” Yaeyoung rolled her eyes.

 “Excuse me,” we both turned around to see an officer, “we need your statements now.”

With a shrug, we both followed him. Not seeing the seething boy glaring at us.