Chivalry

Blackmail My Thief

 

Her scream snapped me out of my daze and I took control of the wheel again. “Umm, yea?” was my genius reply as I was still frazzled by the smell of her. And of course, the huge truck that was about to make us into pancakes.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING? WE COULD HAVE DIED!”

“Uhuh…” I flicked on the turn light.

“YAH ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME? WE COULD HAVE DIED! DIED!

“Yep…” I turned.

“WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?”

“Who knows.” I was starting to awaken from the loud noises.

“CORRECTION, YOU WEREN’T THINKING! BECAUSE IF YOU WERE, THAT WOULDN’T HAVE HAPPENED!”

“Sure.” My ears started to ring and my annoyance level started to rise. 25%...

“KIM JONGHYUN, ARE YOU LISTENING?”

“Yea.” 50%...

“HOW DID YOU GET YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE WITH THIS TYPE OF DRIVING ANYWAY?”

I took one hand off the wheel to run it through my hair, praying for patience that was quickly evaporating. 75%...

“DON’T TAKE YOUR HAND OFF THE WHEEL!”

90%...

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON’T CLOSE YOUR EYES!”

I could feel the steam flow out from the top of my head. 99%...

“EYES OPEN AND ON THE ROAD-,”

“SHUT UP!” I roared. “I CAN’T CONCENTRATE WITH YOUR ANNOYING VOICE SCREECHING IN MY EAR!”

I huffed and puffed in my seat as my annoyance level slowly went down. As soon as it reached a low level, I glanced over to Yaeyoung, feeling some regret. Wait, why am I feeling regret? She deserved it, why did she have to keep yelling? I got it the first time.

Before I rolled my eyes and looked at the road, I got a peek at her face. She looked pissed off. Although I knew I was right, I felt sorry for what I did and said.

What are you thinking Jonghyun? You shouldn’t have to apologize; she was the one yelling at you as if the sky was falling down.

We finally reached the house with me trying to convince myself that I didn’t do anything wrong. Yaeyoung didn’t say a word during the entire trip after that incident.

“We’re here.”

No response.

I got out of the car and was about to move towards to the house when I decided to try to open the door again. I’ll try chivalry one more time…

Yaeyoung climbed out of the car.

“Yae…”

Then brushed right past me.

I abruptly turned around. Her shoulder length hair swished around her and her daring walk felt like a hit every time she stepped towards the door…every step that took her father away from me…

“Yaeyoung!”

She walked a few more steps and stopped. She didn’t turn around. “What do I need to change into?”

“What?” I replied, momentarily confused.

“For where we’re going, that’s why I’m here.”

“Something y and cute but enough to be in front of fans, be judged, be on the news, etc.”

She barely nodded and continued.

With I sigh I leaned on the car. What the heck? I even apologized! I opened the door for her! Twice! What is her problem? Fuming outside of the car, I glared at the door to the condos so fiercely that it was surprising the door didn’t go up in flames.