If I Were You

The Charm of a Goddess

If I Were You - Tamia

requested by applerkang

 

 

Underneath the deep brown, king sized blanket were two bodies tangled with each other. Soohyuk was embracing Dara fully, with her facing him. He loved to sleep in that position because it meant she would be the last thing he saw before sleeping and the first sight his eyes would see when he wakes. It was a perfect way to start and end the day. Slowly, he let go of her but kept still in the same spot. He marveled at how beautiful she is.

 

“My Dara,” he said softly.

 

Unknown to him, Dara was already awake but kept her eyes closed. She wasn't sure how she could face Soohyuk after last night's events.

 

 

– Flashback 

 

 

Jiyong's feet seemed frozen, attached to the ground as he saw Dara and Soohyuk come out of his favorite restaurant together, hand in hand.

 

What is this?” he asked

 

Jiyong,” Soohyuk said his name

 

Yah! What is this?!” shouted Jiyong

 

Dara stood there, having a mental breakdown.

 

How could you do this to me?” Jiyong asked, staring down Soohyuk, “We're like brothers,”

 

You don't understand,”

 

Then make me!”

 

Dara was so frightened by Jiyong's command that she took a step back. Soohyuk looked at her with reassuring eyes, giving her hand a little squeeze.

 

I've always had feelings for Dara. Even before you did,”

 

And? Does that give you the right to do this?” he pointed at them, “And how could you? Is this revenge? You couldn't get any lower,” Jiyong said to Dara

 

It was then that Soohyuk lost any calm that he had.

 

I understand if you get angry with me, but I will not accept this kind of behavior towards Dara! You are the one that made mistakes, Jiyong. Do you want me to shout it out to the world? Do you want me to have a recitation this moment about your committed sins?! You are the one that caused her pain. She did nothing wrong except love you.”

 

Jiyong couldn't talk back while Dara was at awe. She had never seen Soohyuk lose his temper.

 

 

 

Soohyuk planned to send Dara home peacefully that night but everything was ruined. He knew that even if he was by Dara's side now, Jiyong still had an effect on her. As a result, he requested he stay at her place to keep her company.

 

I don't want to leave you,” he told her

 

It's really okay,” she insisted

 

I know it's not,”

 

Soohyuk,”

 

Dara,”

 

What do I need to say for you to stop worrying?”

 

Dara was thankful for Soohyuk but at the same time, she wishes he would give up on her. She knows well in her heart she could never give back to him the same love and affection. She no longer had the ability to do so after Jiyong.

 

Nothing. I know you,”

 

Soohyuk,” she grumbled

 

I'm not leaving you. And I mean I am not leaving you ever, Dara.”

 

Don't be like this,” she felt burdened, “If I were you, I would stop this. You know it's going to be difficult,”

 

I can't stop myself,”

 

I told you I would try, but this feels so wrong. If this goes on.... You will get hurt. Actually, you'll get more hurt. I know you already are,”

 

I told you I wouldn't leave you ever. I told you I'd keep trying,”

 

But-”

 

Stop it.”

 

He cupped Dara's cheeks and swooped in for a kiss before she could reply.

 

Just stop and let me love you.”

 

 

Dara let Soohyuk kiss her senseless. She let him show her how much he loved and desired her. She was regretting it now as she laid there, , with a man who has loved her for so long. It was every woman's dream to be with such a man but she couldn't reciprocate his feelings. She wasn't even sure she believed in love at all, not the romantic kind at least. All because of one man's mistake. Oh, dear Soohyuk, I wish you'd find somebody else. Somebody else who'd treat you better. If I were you, I'd run away as far as possible from me. If I were you, I'd leave now, Dara thought as she listened to Soohyuk talk to her with her eyes still closed.

 

“How could someone so beautiful that shines just like the sun be so broken? My precious Dara, you deserve all the love in this world. I know you don't believe in love right now. But I'll make you believe again. One day, you'll be able to say you believe in love again because of me. One day, you'll be back to your old, cheery self with love in her eyes. I want to see that Dara again. Dara filled with joy and love. I want to be the person that gives that back to you.”

 

Soohyuk planted a kiss on Dara's forehead before heading for the bathroom. Once Dara heard the shower turn on, her eyes opened and the tears rolled down her cheeks like waterfalls. “How is it possible that a person could make someone else cry so much out of their confession?” she wondered. Dara was moved by Soohyuk's words that it caused her to rethink her decisions.

 

“Maybe one day, I can be the Dara that Soohyuk wants me to be.”