The Will

The Charm of a Goddess

Pairing | Dara x Kris

Requested by Darambles

 

 

It wasn't rainy season but it was pouring hard in Korea. Dara had nothing to cover herself so she had to make a run for it. Dara grunted as she struggled with opening her apartment's door.

 

“What a horrible day,” she burst out as she dropped her bags on the floor, “Soaked from the rain and now this stupid stupid door!”

 

She kicked it out of frustration. Not satisfied with her first kick, Dara was on the move for a second one when it opened.

 

“Someone's grumpy,”

 

“Kris,” her jaw dropped

 

“Surprise,” he winked at her

 

“Thank God!” she hugged him tightly

 

“Someone missed me,” he said as he wrapped his arms around her

 

“Well, you've been in China for too long,” she looked up at him and pouted

 

“Take a shower and I'll take care of your bags,” he told her

 

“Thank you,” she gave him a peck on his lips which left a smile on his face.

 

Kris attempted to wait for Dara to finish showering, but the sandman already took his visit and Kris' eyes were failing him.

 

 

 

Dara's mood immediately lifted upon Kris' presence. It had been a little over four months since he was last in Korea. They had survived through their organized skype dates, but it was never enough. Dara entered her bedroom in hopes of talking to Kris. She was drying her hair with towel which covered her from seeing the sleeping Kris.

 

“So how is your lawsuit going?” she asked.

 

When she saw him deeply sleeping, she didn't know how to feel.

 

“This koala,” she whispered, “Getting me all excited and then goes to sleep.”

 

She lied down on the bed next to him with her eyes never leaving his face.

 

“Oh how I miss you,” she closed her eyes as she let her nose touch his cheek, “if only you stayed.”

 

 

Dara knew the struggles Kris faced in SM Entertainment, but she couldn't help but be selfish. He was her boyfriend afterall. She wanted to even recruit him to YG, but that would cause curiosity to rise in netizens.

 

 

You're really going to push through it?”

 

The two were seated in Dara's living room.

 

I have no choice, Dara. I hope you understand,” he held her hands

 

I understand. I don't want you to be hurt, of course. It's just you'll be leaving,”

 

I'm not going to end what we have,”

 

I know, but you're going to be miles away,”

 

We've got this,”

 

Can't you like find a way to join YG or something?”

 

You and I both know that that isn't a good idea. I'm not actually YG material and--”

 

People will wonder, throw more hate at you, I know,” she finished what he was going to say.

 

Kris pulled her into an embrace.

 

I'm not going to let this get in the way of our relationship, Dara. I promise,” he assured her as he kissed the top of her head.

 

 

She had still hoped that SM would miraculously change its management ways and settle their issues with Kris. Unfortunately, that was not the result.

 

 

 

The next morning, Dara woke up to the smell of toasted waffles and strong coffee.

 

“I've missed this smell,” she said while sitting up

 

“Good morning,” Kris came in with a breakfast in bed set-up

 

“Kris,” she cooed.

 

She felt like she was falling in love all over again, like they were still new lovers.

 

“Sorry for falling asleep on you last night. I was drained,” he apologized

 

“Ssssh. Don't,” Dara hushed him

 

He carefully placed the foldable table between Dara and him.

 

“You sure?” his eyebrows drooped

 

“Kris, you and I are both busy with our careers. We both knew this from the start, the life of an idol,”

 

“And you're also an actress now,”

 

“So it is a given we're going to be too tired sometimes. We're humans! We need rest,” she paused, “I must admit thought.. I had mixed feelings watching you sleep last night,”

 

“Why?”

 

“I was so excited that you came over. I wanted to talk to you about everything that's happened this past week. I wanted to hear your stories, your worries, everything, but there you were, sound asleep,”

 

“You should've woken me up,”

 

“I couldn't. You looked like you were having such a nice sleep. If it was me, you wouldn't wake me up either,”

 

Both became quiet. A small smile formed on Kris' lips. He knelt on the bed carefully, in order to avoid knocking the table down and kissed Dara on her forehead.

 

“You are more mature than people think,”

 

“I don't know if that's a compliment or not,” Dara laughed

 

“It's a compliment, baby,” he rested the bridge of his nose on her forehead

 

“I love you, Kris,” Dara uttered softly

 

“And I love you, Dara,” he cupped her face

 

“We will make it work,”

 

“We will.”

 

Kris' lips then captured Dara's lips for their first kiss that morning.