Angel 001

The Charm of a Goddess

Pairing | Woobin x Dara

 

 

Between the High and Low Realm lies the middle land, Earth. This is where “humans” reside, along with other creatures such as talking beasts and animal hybrids, before the gods decide the path they belong to--- to become an angel, a demon or a god.

 

Angels keep peace in Earth while demons try to bring havoc. There are gods in both realms that are considered as the council. For many centuries, the peace has been kept at bay. Lucifer, the first ever demon, is getting impatient and has had enough. He plans to destroy both High Realm and Earth to rid of what he calls pathetic creatures. Fortunately, the Council of the High Realm already knows of this plan and has a counter attack. According to the Omniscience, there is a child to be born with unbelievable power that can bring either eternal peace or the destruction of the High Realm and Earth depending on the path taken.

 

 

Sandara Park was born to the two higher ranked angels, Mikaela and Pegasus. It was basically in their blood for them to naturally become an angel. But, nobody escapes the process of living in Earth first before ascending or descending to their perspective realms.

 

Kim Woobin, on the other hand, is a great descendant of Lucifer. He was born in a line of highly dangerous demons, tasked with interfering with every angel's effort of keeping peace.

 

 

Both Sandara and Woobin were sent to Earth when they reached the age of 7. Coincidentally, the two ended up living next to each other. On Earth, their previous memories were erased and replaced with fake ones of a normal life on Earth since birth in order for the two to develop their own traits and opinions without the influence of their real parents.

 

Sandara grew up with Tamtam and Toki, a couple of creatures that appeared like rabbits but enlarged and talked like humans. Woobin next door lived with two father figures that are humans by day but wolves by midnight.

 

 

The two distinct characters grew up as great friends.

 

 

 

One day during the great gathering of Earth's mightiest fighters for a competition, Sandara and Woobin were free from their duties.

 

“Woobin, take me to the dome,” Sandara blurted out of nowhere

 

“Are you crazy? They are going to battle there,” Woobin was not happy with the idea

 

“I know, but this is the first time it's happening in Mideo. I hear people and creatures from other kingdoms are coming,”

 

“It's dangerous,” Woobin warned her

 

“But I want to meet new people,” whined Sandara

 

“Are you tired of me? Is that why?” frowned Woobin

 

“No! I can never get tired of you,” she clung to her friend's arm, “But I still want to go,” she pouted

 

“Fine, but if Tamtam and Toki find out, they'll kill me,” he gave in

 

“They're too scared of your uncle wolves to touch you,”

 

“But you're their angel.”

 

Sandara blushed at Woobin's statement. She felt something deep within her at the mention of being an angel.

 

“Just stay by my side and don't go wandering off,” he told her.

 

 

The two went along their short journey to the dome. Upon their arrival, they saw an incredibly long queue at the entrance.

 

“This is going to be a long day,” mumbled Woobin

 

“Look at all the people!” exclaimed Sandara

 

“As if you haven't seen people before,”

 

“But they are new faces! And oh my gosh, look at that lion-eagle hybrid!” she pointed above

 

Woobin took her hand and put it down.

 

“It's bad to point,”

 

“I'm sorry. It's just we don't have those around here.”

 

Her adrenaline was pumping as she looked around the area. She couldn't believe the things she was seeing. Tamtam and Toki never allowed her to leave their kingdom so she was unaware of the other type of creatures in the neighboring lands.

 

“Everyone and everything is so beautiful,” she said at awe

 

“It is a rare sight,” agreed Woobin

 

“It would be nice if we have these kind of events more often,”

 

“Give the other kingdoms a chance, Sandara,”

 

“I know it sounds selfish.”

 

The two became quiet again. Woobin was busy trying to see how far they were from the entrance. Some were being flown in the dome. There were also hole entrances so the line seemed to be moving faster. When Sandara saw a human sized butterfly, she couldn't help but follow it.

 

“Stay close-” Woobin was about to say but Sandara was no longer under his view.

 

He was mentally banging his head on a table.

 

“I should have held her hand. Stupid Woobin,” he was lecturing himself.

 

He scanned the area for her, but no luck. Yet he could sense her presence. She has to be near, he thought. Right when we were nearing the entrance too. Aish, this girl.

 

“Sandara!” he called out for her while running.

 

Suddenly, a flying snake bumped into Woobin.

 

“Sorry,” he apologized

 

“No need,” the snake replied, “You seem a bit worried,”

 

“Oh um, yes, sir. I am looking for a friend of mine,”

 

“I can help you with that,” it hissed

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes. Just touch this mirror,”

 

“What mirr-”

 

A mirror appeared in thin air.

 

“Or.” Woobin was at awe. It was rare for any of the animal creatures to show or practice magic. Only humans were trained.

 

“Go on, touch it,” the snake inched closer to him

 

“O-okay,” he stuttered.

 

Woobin was a bit frightened of the snake but what did he have to lose? It wouldn't hurt to touch a mirror. In an instand, Sandara appeared in front of Woobin and the snake disappeared.

 

“Woah,” his eyes widened

 

“What just happened?” Sandara was confused

 

“Doesn't matter. You're here now,” he immediately hugged her.

 

Sandara's heartbeat raced. What is this? She asked herself. It feels so strange, yet good.

 

“Let's go home now. You made me worried sick,” Woobin let go of her

 

“Already?”

 

“I almost lost you!”

 

Without a fight, Sandara went home with her childhood friend.

 

 

In the Low Realm, a loud cackle was resonating everywhere.

 

“It is done, my master,” the snake hissed

 

“Well done,” Lucifer grinned, “We will win this war.”

 

 

As time passed, Woobin became more detached. Rebellious even. He was starting to skip their training classes. He also started to argue with his guardians and got caught up in a gang.

 

“That Woobin is a troubled boy,” Tamtam said one time during dinner

 

“He is not,” Sandara defended him

 

“We know how much you love that boy, but he's trouble, I tell you,” Toki said while munching on a carrot

 

“He isn't trouble. He must be having a rough time about something,” she argued

 

“Like what?”

 

They're right, she thought. What would be troubling him?

 

Sandara was starting to wonder if she ever did anything wrong. She walked over to his house and stood in front of the doorway, not sure if she should see him or not. Before she could even knock, the door opened.

 

“He's inside in his room, like always,” it was Demetrius, one of his “uncles”

 

“Should I visit him?”

 

“Of course. He always needs you.”

 

Sandara was reassured. She went straight to his hall.

 

“Woobin, may I come in?”she knocked

 

“Come in,” he dully replied

 

“Hey,” she greeted as she entered

 

He was lying down on his bed with his face down but he sat up for her.

 

“Hi,” he put on a slight smile

 

She sat down on the edge of his bed.

 

“Are we okay?” she asked

 

“Yeah,”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really. Why wouldn't we be?”

 

“Because I barely see you anymore. You're always turning me down when I ask you out,”

 

“I just don't have the energy to do all of the things you want,” he said

 

For some reason, Sandara was a little bit hurt.

 

“Oh, okay,”

 

“I'm---I'm sorry,” he reached for her hand

 

“You know. Uncle D says you need me, but truth is, I need you more,” Sandara confessed, “So much more. If you don't want to go out, it's okay. Let me stay with you,” she started crying

 

Woobin didn't know how to react to her sudden confession.

 

“Woobin, you're special to me. I can't lose you. Please, if something is bothering you. Let me help,”

 

“I'm a demon, Sandara.”

 

Woobin's real memories flashed in his mind the moment he touched the mirror back in the dome. Lucifer specifically made it for that task.

 

“What? What are you talking about? You're far from being a demon. You're the kindest person I know,” Sandara's crying immediately stopped

 

“It's in my blood. I don't know how to explain it to you, but I'm a demon. I can't fight it. I'll only hurt you, and I don't want that,”

 

“Stop this nonsense. You aren't a demon, Woobin. You, you are an angel. You're my angel.”

 

Sandara cupped his face and rested her forehead on his. The two closed their eyes as they shared the comfortable silence. Woobin was about to lean in to kiss Sandara when a flash of light appeared, and Sandara was once again gone.

 

“Sandara? Sandara?! Sandara!”

 

– High Realm –

 

“Welcome to the High Realm, Sandara, daughter of Mikaela and Pegasus,” an angel greeted her

 

“High realm? What is that? Where is Woobin? Why am I here? Bring me back,” Sandara was panicking

 

“You are home, my child,” Mikaela descended down from another cloud

 

“Let us help make it clear,” Pegasus came from behind and placed his hand on top of her head

 

“Can we stop talking riddles and get to the point?” Sandara was frustrated.

 

Like what happened to Woobin, her real memories came to her.