The Knight and Queen

The Charm of a Goddess

Pairing | TabiSan

Requested by butterflyhigh

 

The knight Choi Seunghyun was the quiet, mysterious type. Everybody in the kingdom knew of him. They either admired him or envied him. The girls swooned over his well built body, dramatic eyes and husky voice. Almost every man wanted to be him or be like him. Every single human being had at least fanticized about the brave knight. There were no exceptions, not even Queen Sandara. 

 

The Queen, sadly, was married to the notorious King Jiyong. It was an arranged marriage meaning there was no love or happiness in it. The two had to marry as a way to keep peace between their families. However the King enjoyed showing off his wife as if she was only a property of his, not even as a human being. In other words, Queen Sandara was merely a "trophy wife." The King had his heart reserved for somebody else and the same goes for the Queen. Yet Queen Sandara did not act improper the way her husband did. She kept quiet about her true feelings and did not attempt adultery. 

 

One fine day, King Jiyong traveled to the North because of his duties. But truth be told, he was tending to his mistress, Lady Kiko. Queen Sandara knew it well but she let it be. She didn't want to bother with his affairs. It would only make her age faster if she did. She stayed in the castle most of the days, especially in the garden. The same day, King Jiyong was at the North, Knight Seunghyun was assigned to watch over the Queen.

 

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" Sandara asked as she sat down on the water fountain

"You might get wet, my queen," the Knight told her

"Oh drop it with the formalities, Seunghyun," Sandara splashed the knight

"It would be disrespectful," he bowed

"Disrespectful? I find it more disrespectful that you refuse to acknowledge our friendship,"

"But you are also the queen,"

"We used to see each other when we were kids," Sandara stood up 

 

She was quite short compared to her knight, but she intimidated him. She made his whole body tingle, for the knight had always felt the same way the queen did. He had loved her since he discovered what love meant. In fact, it was her who taught him what love is. He was so scared of losing it around her, losing his honor and dignity. If there was one thing that could make the knight Choi Seunghyun throw away his code, it was her.

 

"You are saying it so loudly," 

"Oh my, is the brave knight turning red?" Sandara was enjoying poking fun at her knight

"Only because the queen is saying such things," he looked at the floor and slouched

"But it's our history, my dear Seunghyun," she looked at his eyes

"I know, but still. You are queen now, and I serve you as your knight," he finally fixed his posture and looked at her directly

"That doesn't mean we cannot be friends,"

"Aish, Dara," he gave up

"You know you can never win with me," she let out a laugh

"The King can have my head if he ever sees or hears us talk this way," he held on to his sword at his side as if trying to gain strength

"The King cannot do that. You are his best knight, the best knight this kingdom has ever had, and mind you, we are just childhood friends," she was poking at his chest

 

Sandara knew it was her that had said the statement and pointed out the obvious, but her heart ached a little. They were JUST childhood friends. She wishes it weren't so. She so longed for Seunghyun, not just because he was brave or courageous, but because he was soft and caring. She knew the Seunghyun behind the armor he wore.

 

"I guess there is some truth in that," 

"Some? Isn't it all?" her eyebrows raised 

"I have to admit that I am the best knight serving him, and the best this kingdom has ever encountered,"

"But?"

"I'm not sure you and I are just childhood friends."

 

Seunghyun took a step closer at Dara. He was throwing away his code and pledge to the King. Screw the king, he thought. I want my moment, even if it's just this one. He was going to drop being the knight Choi Seunghyun for a couple of minutes and just be the Choi Seunghyun that loves Sandara.

 

"Is that so?" Dara could barely breath as Seunghyun took an inch closer to her

"Sometimes, I like to think we're more."

 

And so Seunghyun swooped in for the first, and maybe the last kiss he would ever give anyone. He didn't care if anyone would catch them. Everyone respected or feared him. They dare not speak bad about him, not even to the King. And like Dara said, he was the best knight the king had. He kissed her softly. 

 

"This will be our own little secret," he whispered into her ear after their tender kiss.

 

It was the only kiss Dara had received in her so far lived life that felt so much, that had awoken her entire being. It was such a pity that this wasn't the man she married. How cruel are the gods to have forged her destiny to a king she never wanted. Why couldn't it be us? she was still looking straight into his eyes. Can't we just run away? I would give anything in this world to be with you. He wanted to take her hand and run away, but he knew that would never sit well with Jiyong, his half-brother. For Dara was still the Queen Sandara, and Jiyong was her King and he was just Sir Choi Seunghyun, the bastard knight. 

 

Author's Note & Disclaimer.

This is all fanfiction. I am not forcing any ships are real nor do I truly know their personalities. This is for pure creative purposes. I am horrible at making up names and so I just use other celebrities. I do not hate Kiko or Jiyong. I actually think they are adorable. But omg, let me just say how proud I am of this TabiSan oneshot. I have never written anything for TabiSan and so I'm proud. Lulz. Hope Gummybears enjoyed it! That is what TabiSan shippers are called right? :3

URGENT. Please read ch. 1. It is LIST|RULES|MUST READ. It seems like people are totally ignoring it. I had put down that I was currently NOT accepting requests but still kept receiving them in the comments section. It disheartens me. Since I only put the form for making requests today, I will still accept the ones that were sent before I made any rules or announcements. I will update chapter 1 again with batch 2. Keep in mind that it drabbles/oneshots are short.