Missed Chance

The Charm of a Goddess

Author's Note.

This is a one shot I had been working on and forgot that I had. In light of the 700 subscribers, I have decided to post it up although no one requested for this OTP. teehee. Hope you guys still like it though :) Even if it's a little bit angsty. 


Through the years, no words were needed to describe Dara and Jiyong's relationship, chemistry, and so on. Everybody knew from how the two looked each other that there was something deeper there. But both were too scared to take that jump. It wasn't even a jump that they needed to do, a little hop would have been enough.

"Ask noona out already," Seungri was lying down on Jiyong's bed
"Agreed," the rest of Big Bang chorused
"Why are you all being so pushy?" Laughed Jiyong
"Because you basically are dating!" Exclaimed Youngbae
"Without the official label," added Seunghyun
"Dara and I will get there,"
"When is that? When you're old and limping?" Joked Daesung
"Ask her out already or else I will," said Seungri.
In a matter of seconds, Jiyong had Seungri trapped in a headlock.
"You wouldn't dare," hissed Jiyong
"No, no," tapped Seungri and Jiyong let him go, "but somebody else might."
The room got quiet. The possibility was very high.
"But I doubt noona would say yes," Daesung broke the silence
"Unless it is Wonbin or Kang Dong Won," mumbled Seunghyun
"But maybe you should step up your game, Ji," Youngbae told his close friend
"I've got this," Jiyong confidently replied.

But Jiyong did not have it. Or rather did not get it.


 


 

Dara was getting tired of playing mind games. She was ready for an actual commitment. She wanted someone that was consistent.

"Is Jiyong oppa ever asking you out?" Chaerin was munching on chips

"Of course he is!" Yelled Bom

"You're not Dara unnie," glared Chaerin

"Don't you think he will?" Asked Minzy

"He is taking way too long if he is serious about unnie,"

"You don't think he is serious about me?" Dara seemed unmoved

"I love you both, but with how things are going.. it feels like a game," answered Chaerin honestly

"Oppa isn't seeing other women," Minzy defended Jiyong

"I know that, but he is also not asking unnie to be his official girlfriend. I understand months of waiting but years?"

Chaerin was onto something. 

“This is Jiyong we are talking about. He's unpredictable,” Dara tried defending him

“I guess,” was all Chaerin said.

Dara's cellphone vibrated. She slowly took it out to check who it was, but Bom snatched it from her.

“I bet this is Jiyong right now,” Bom proudly declared

“Bom,” Dara tried to get her phone back

“And I am---”

“Wrong,” Chaerin peeked to see for herself, “It's Mino,” Chaerin told Dara

“He seems to like unnie,” Minzy said

“It's just because of the tarot reading,” Bom gave back Dara's phone.

Dara was quiet the whole time, trying to stay poise. She was hiding something from her members.

From Mino:

Noona. Want to have dinner together? :)

“Jiyong will ask Dara soon enough. Just you watch,” Bom was still arguing with Chaerin

“I'm just saying. It's not that I'm against him,” replied Chaerin

“Why are you two so involved in Dara unnie's lovelife?” Minzy butted in.

Dara quietly slipped out of the living room and into her bedroom. She hit the call button.

“Hello,”

“Noona,” Mino enthusiastically greeted her

“What time do you want to have dinner?”

“What time are you free?”

“I asked you but you're answering with a question back,”

“I want whatever time noona wants,” he cheesily answered

“Does six sound okay?”

“Six it is,”

“See you later,”

“See you. Same place?”

“That's a given,”

“Snarky much, noona,”

“Just how you like it.”

There was a silence but then Mino let out a chuckle.

“Are they bugging you again about Jiyong hyung?”

“Let's not talk about him,”

“Right. See you later,”

“Bye.”

Dara went back to the living room with the girls. Bom and Minzy were already gone while Chaerin sat there eyeing her.

“You two going out again?”

“How'd you know?”

“I know you,”

“Like you said before, I can't always wait on Jiyong. He comes and goes,”

“He's a free soul,”

“Like you,”

“Unnie,”

“I'm not implying anything.. But you have to admit how similar you two are,”

“I wouldn't want the one I love to be doubting my feelings,”

“I know, Chaerin. And I know you're trying to slowly open Bom and Minzy's mind in the possibility that Jiyong and I won't happen,”

“When are you going to tell oppa?”

“He'll catch on,”

“Oh, Dara. You might be colder than him,”

“Fine, I'll tell him. Soon, okay,”

“It's not fair to either of them,”

“Mino knows,”

“He's tolerating it because he loves you,”

“I know.”


 

Jiyong and Dara constantly flirted with each other when the cameras were off. But even at the slightest interaction caught on cam, sparks flew. Recently though, Jiyong has been immersed in his work for his upcoming solo album, additional to the Big Bang comeback. He had been thinking about Dara and how she might feel, but at the end of the day, he'd forget about it and just work away. He told himself, “Dara would understand,” and he's right Dara does understand. She understood how work could be so hectic, but what she didn't understand was what was taking him so long to officially confess to her. For Jiyong, the timing had to be perfect and the timing never seemed so. The longer he pushed back his plans to confess to her, the more he was pushing her away. Unfortunate for him, Song Minho was on the lookout for his perfect chance with Dara, and he wasn't afraid of taking it.


 

Dara arrived right on time at the usual spot Mino and her meet up in. It was a small Korean barbeque restaurant, but their meals were great.

“Always on time,” Mino stood up to greet her

“And you're always so early,”

“Just excited,” he smiled.

Dara couldn't help but smile as well. Mino's smile comforted her. Just looking at him soothed her.

“Have a seat, my lady,” he said as he took out her chair for her

“What a gentleman,” Dara commented

“But you already knew that, noona,”

“Doesn't hurt to say.”

The two didn't need to look through the menu. They ordered for the restaurant's special set for two. While they waited for their order to come, they comfortably chatted with one another. With Mino, moving his chair next to hers and naturally putting his arm around her.

“I'm going to tell him,” Dara suddenly said

“You will?” he looked ecstatic

“You deserve better,”

“I just want you,” he said sincerely

“That's why I have to tell him. To be fair to you,”

“Are you sure you're ready to?”

“Chaerin's been bugging me about it. And not that it's because of her. I know it's about time that--”

Riiing.

“Welcome,” the two heard the waiter greet the customer(s), “please have a seat on the table for five, next to the couple over there,”

“Thank you.”

Dara and Mino's conversation didn't continue after they heard the voice of the newcomer. Instantly, Dara froze in Mino's arm and Mino himself wasn't sure of what to do.

“Looks like it'll just be us in here,” Seungri said aloud

“Don't be so loud. There's still that couple,” Daesung tried to talk in a hushed tone.

As soon as the five boys reached their table, TOP was the first to sit down and saw who the two people were. His eyes became enlarged.

“Yah, hyung, what's with that look?” Jiyong asked as he sat next to him.

When Jiyong's eyes landed on the couple, he too became quiet.

“Yeah, yeah, what is--” but before Seungri could finish his question, he too saw what the other two boys were looking at.

Mino tried to recollect his courage and stood up to greet his seniors.

“Good evening,” he bowed to them.

Dara then turned to fully face them and bowed as well.

“Dara,” Jiyong said

“Jiyong,” she responded

“Can we talk outside?” he asked

“Sure.”

No doubt there was tension in the restaurant, but as soon as the two had left, chaos doomed in.

“Yah~ What are you doing?” Seungri sat next to Mino

“Are you making a move on noona?” Daesung went to Mino's other side

“Didn't you know that Jiyong and noona are kind of an item?” TOP asked

“They're not officially an item. They never were,” said Mino

“Yah, this kid is so cool,” Seungri pointed at Mino while looking at TOP and Taeyang, “And what did I say to Jiyong? I told him someone else would make a move before he did. That fool,”

“I would have never guessed,” Taeyang seemed a bit lost

“Same,” TOP mumbled.


 

Meanwhile, outside in the cold street.

“When were you going to tell me?” Jiyong asked

“We were talking about it before you came in,”

“Since when?”

“A couple of months back,”

“Why?”

“What do you mean why?”

“Why him?”

“Why not?”

“I thought you and I--”

“Jiyong. I'm not going to beat around the bush here. I liked you a lot. Loved you even, but I'm not getting any younger. I'm done playing games and going with the flow, however you like to call it. Mino, he's young, yes, but he knows what he wants and he's consistent,”

“I should have listened to you, huh,”

Dara didn't reply.

“You were always joking around about meeting with other guys. I never believed it. You also kept hinting at wanting to be official by sending me songs, but I shrugged it off,”

“If you knew, Ji. Why didn't you do anything?”

“The timing wasn't right,”

“And now your time has passed,” Dara simply said.

With that, Dara went back in the restaurant without a response from Jiyong.

“I think we should go,” Dara told Mino

“Awkward,” mouthed Seungri

“Don't. We'll leave,” Jiyong was behind her.

Truth be told, Dara hurt a little. She felt like that could have possibly hurt more than a break up if it had happened sooner, but she was already over Jiyong. He missed his chance with her. He should have know that she wasn't going to mope around and wait for him. Like F. Scott Fitzgerald once wrote, the girl really worth having won't wait for anybody.”