May Island

The Charm of a Goddess

 

Pairing | Kang Seungyoon x Dara

Requested by tabimuchere

 

 

Seungyoon was getting exhausted from working at May Island. He got a job to earn money, yes, but he also wanted to meet new people. Instead, he still sees his fellow classmates from university as customers at the cafe. Who knew they were studious? He didn't think they would ever go to a study/book cafe. I wish someone new would walk through that door one of these days. Right that moment, a simple but stunning lady walked in the cafe leaving Seungyoon at awe. She was radiating despite only wearing a plain white pocket tee and ripped boyfriend jeans.

 

“Hello?” the girl waved her hand in front of him

 

“I'm sorry,” Seungyoon came back to earth

 

“Still tired?” she asked

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Aren't you a music major in KyungHee University?”

 

“How'd you know?”

 

“I've watched you perform before at a recital. You're great.”

 

Seungyoon blushed upon hearing her compliment.

 

“Can you two flirt some other time?” a customer behind the lady hissed

 

She simply rolled her eyes before saying her order.

 

“What's your name?” Seungyoon finally asked

 

“Sandara,”

 

“Beautiful name,”

 

“Thank you.”

 

As the new girl looked for a spot to settle down in, he wrote her name on her cup with a heart at the end. I hope she doesn't think it's too cheesy. Seungyoon kept taking glances at the girl after.

 

“Hey, why don't you bring her order to her? You should just serve today, because you are way too distracted to be at the cashier,” Bobby nudged him

 

“Am I that obvious?”

 

“You're an open book, buddy,” grinned Bobby, “now take this and bring it over there,”

 

“That makes me even more obvious,”

 

“Stop whining or else I'll make a move on her,”

 

“Yah~”

 

“Well, you snooze, you lose,”

 

“What are you saying?”

 

“Just go.”

 

Seungyoon took Sandara's order and took a breather before going to her. She was all by herself in one of the caved in seats with a table in front of her. It looked like she was browsing something on her internet while listening to music.

 

“Here's your order,” Seungyoon said as he placed her order on her table.

 

She said nothing, but flashed a smile. He was tempted to say something else to start a conversation, but he didn't know what. So he went back to the counter, where Bobby was already shaking his head, shaming him.

 

“What was that?”

 

“I gave her her order,”

 

“No small talk at all,”

 

“She has her earphones on!”

 

“A real man doesn't give up so easily,” Bobby insisted

 

“But she could be doing something important,” reasoned Seungyoon

 

“You have not dated for a long time,”

 

“I don't have the time,” sighed Seungyoon

 

“You're clearly infatuated with this Sandara girl,”

 

“I only know her name,”

 

“But you can get to know her more,”

 

“Bobby,”

 

“Seungyoon,”

 

“Let's drop it, okay?”

 

“If you say so.”

 

Seungyoon forced himself to stop looking at Sandara. She wasn't even a regular customer at May Island making Seungyoon think he's most likely never going to see her again. There was no point in introducing himself, but he was curious at the same time because she had known he was from KyungHee University. She remembered me. I must have made an impression, right? He finally gained the confidence to stand up and walk back to Sandara, but he saw that Bobby was already chatting with her. She was laughing at whatever Bobby was saying and nodding. She then stood up and shook hands with him before leaving the cafe. Seungyoon looked like a kid that just had his favorite candy taken away from him. Bobby walked back to the counter with all smiles.

 

“Bobby!”

 

“I told you, you snooze, you lose,” he laughed

 

“That's not cool,”

 

“I'm kidding, bro. I just asked if she needed anything else and cracked some jokes. She was about to leave already. I was trying to stall for you but you took too long,”

 

“Man,” whined Seungyoon

 

“I also told her to come visit often,”

 

“What makes you think she will?”

 

“I don't know, man. Ladies seem to dig my charm, if I must say,”

 

“Ugh, Bobby!”

 

Seungyoon sighed in defeat. Too slow, he thought.

 

 

 

A week passed with no Sandara leaving Seungyoon a bit disappointed.

 

“I guess your charm didn't work on Sandara,” Seungyoon told Bobby

 

“You're just impatient,” Bobby had a mischievous smile on

 

“You said I was slow, now I'm in a hurry,”

 

“She'll come,”

 

“How do you know that? Are you texting her?”

 

“I just know,” Bobby said with confidence.

 

Like the director shouting “action!” in the movies, Sandara entered the cafe after Bobby's statement. Seungyoon was stunned by the coincidence, and by her beauty. She was all dolled up today. She sported a sundress and her hair was curled.

 

“I'll work the counter seeing that you're speechless,” Bobby teased, “Talk to her this time when you hand her her drink.”

 

Seungyoon positioned himself with the coffee machines while Bobby took Sandara's order. He was pretending to be busy but was still listening to their conversation.

 

“You're blooming today, Sandara,” Bobby complimented her

 

“Thank you, Bobby. You look good as well,”

 

“I'm glad you came back for a visit. I was starting to think you weren't going to,”

 

Listen to him buttering her up.

 

“I had to come back. There was something calling to me back to this cafe,”

 

“Are you sure it wasn't a someone? Me in particular?”

 

What a flirt. But she's laughing.

 

“Silly boy,” she paused, “Hey Seungyoon.”

 

I was shocked by the sudden greeting. She knows my name.

 

“Hello,” he bowed.

 

He was still in shock and continued to watch her. After paying, Sandara looked at Seungyoon and winked at him before going to her spot.

 

“Did she just wink at me?” Seungyoon stuttered

 

“I guess you're her type,” Bobby smiled

 

“Eh~”

 

Seungyoon prepared Sandara's drink carefully, wanting it to taste the best cappuccino he's ever made. Before approaching Dara's table, he breathed in and out.

 

Seungyoon, fighting!

 

“Your order,”

 

“Thank you,” she thanked him

 

“You're welcome,” paused Seungyoon

 

“The cafe is empty today huh,” observed Sandara

 

“It is,” Seungyoon was awkward

 

“Would your boss mind if you chatted with me for a bit?”

 

“He'll be fine with it,” answered Seungyoon quickly

 

“Have a seat.”

 

Seungyoon couldn't believe that he let Sandara be the one to start a conversation. He was a bit shy, but he was glad he was given the chance. Sandara drank her drink quietly while Seungyoon noticed something on her laptop screen. It had a VLC media player on paused on him. He looked at Sandara who was slyly smiling.

 

“I'm a fan,” she admitted.

 

This is going to be a start of something interesting.


Author's Note

Sorry it took me so long. A lot has been going on. I'm a bit drained, actually :( Thank you so much to the new subscribers and the comments. I hope I finish the 2 other requests this weekend so that I will open Batch 3 requests.