The Same

The Charm of a Goddess

Jinwoo's POV

 

I am exhausted from practice, but I need to keep going. I know I'm considered as the weakest member despite being the eldest. I need to prove them that I deserve to be in Winner.

“Hyung, are you sure you're not going to eat?” Seungyoon asked me

“I'm still full from lunch. You go ahead,”

“I'll bring you a snack later,” he said before leaving.

I started from the beginning of the song. I kept making mistakes during our performances. I want to show the fans our best.

“Why am I always messing up?” I kicked the air.

Now I'm just frustrated. I sat down on the floor, my back against the mirror with my hands on my head.

“Kim Jinwoo, stop messing up!” I yelled.

I heard the door open. Instead of moving, I stayed in my position, hoping the person that was about to enter would let my tantrum slide. A few minutes passed and there was only silence. Suddenly, I felt another person next to me. I dared not move.

“You need to cut yourself some slack,” it was Dara noona.

Then I felt a cold bottle against my arm.

“Drink,” she said.

I finally looked up and slowly took the power drink she was offering me.

“Sorry,” I apologized

“For what?” she was looking straight ahead

“That you heard me venting,”

“It's fine. I do it too,” she finally looked at me with her beautiful brown orbs

“You do?” I stuttered

“I know exactly how you feel,”

“How outsiders label you as the--”

“Weakest. Insignificant member. Only a visual, etc,”

“I don't think noona is any of those,”

“You aren't any of those either, Jinwoo,”

“But I feel that way,”

“I think you can either let it drag you down or motivate you,”

“I know, but it's hard.”

She paused for awhile before speaking again.

“It will eat you up if you let it get to you, and don't bottle it up,”

“I don't want to be a burden to the members. I'm the hyung,”

“You are the hyung, but you aren't alone in this. You're a team. You should share it with them,” she put her hand on mine.

I didn't know how to react to Dara noona's kindness.

“Trust me on this, Jinwoo,” she smiled, “You and I, we're the same.” she paused once more, “That's why you're in my gwiyomi line,” she winked.

Her smile was the light that I needed in this time of my darkness.

“I do trust you, noona,”

“Don't be too harsh on yourself, okay?”

“I'll try,”

“You're barely starting, stay strong,” she squeezed my hand

“Noona is so kind,”

“I'm just being real,” she told me

I finally turned my hand to hold hers too. I looked at her and realized that she was blushing. Without thinking too much, I lifted her hand and planted a kiss on it to show my gratitude. I'm never going to forget this moment.

“Thank you.”

 


Author's Note.

Please read the Take Note chapter :) It is important! :D Thank you for all the comments and subscribers! I appreciate it all :')