Is it possible?

The Charm of a Goddess

Pairing | ChanDara
Requested by dntknw

 

 

The birds were chirping loudly, the bees buzzing, and the wind calmly blowing. Dara felt at peace with the world as she laid down at the hammock.

 

This is so beautiful.”

 

The next thing she knew Chanyeol was lying down next to her, embracing her.

 

What the?”

 

Dara rose quickly to her feet. She glared at him before closing her eyes and rubbing it. When she finally opened her eyes, she found herself in her bedroom.

 

It was all a dream.”

 

She looked out her window and saw nothing but skyscrapers and flying cars.

 

Of course it was. The world has changed. Can't even say nature still exists.”

 

Dara carefully sat up and let out a sigh.

 

And Chanyeol and I, funny,” she said, “Slippers.”

 

In a second, Dara's slippers appeared on her feet like a hologram.

 

And again, the world has changed. Too much for me to even be at such a beautiful place.”

 

Dara couldn't get over her dream.

 

Computer,” Dara called out

 

Please call me by my name, Dara. But good morning to you too,” it responded

 

I'm sorry, Chaerin but you do respond much quicker to computer,”

 

Only because it is quite insulting,”

 

What's the news for the day?” asked Dara as she was clicking at buttons

 

The coffee machine started to brew.

 

I see you're having only coffee this morning,” commented Chaerin

 

Chaerin,” Dara shot it a look

 

Sunny weather,”

 

As always. What else?”

 

The president of the First Flying Cars company is stepping down,”

 

What?”

 

Isn't that where you work?”

 

Yeah,”

 

You didn't know?”

 

Obviously not,” Dara rolled her eyes, “What else do they say?”

 

Since he has no family, there is a commotion on who might be the next president,”

 

I bet Chanyeol is on the edge of his seat now,” Dara said as she got in the shower.

 

Shower, on,” she commanded

 

You seem to take a liking to that Chanyeol fellow,” Chaerin noted

 

Can you not talk to me while I am showering?”

 

We've done this several times before. I bet you're just avoiding the question, and don't you dare turn me off,”

 

Even if I did, you'd turn yourself back on,”

 

Well?”

 

I don't like him,”

 

But?”

 

There is no but. I don't like him, period,”

 

From the looks of it, you dreamed of him,”

 

Chaerin!”

 

I know I'm not suppose to talk about your dreams, but it is my job to monitor over you,”

 

We agreed to never talk about my dreams out loud. And can I just please shower?”

 

Fine.”

 

Chaerin remained quiet as per Dara's request.

 

 

 

In the year 2030, the world turned out to be how people in the early 1800s/1900s thought it would be: a world with flying cars, computers with their own “minds,” robots as maids, buildings overcrowding the world, barely any land left and whatnot. Even humans weren't completely humans anymore. Everyone was part human and part robot. It was the only way to stay alive in the world they were living in. Dara is one of the last humans that decided to turn half robot. There is a reason why. As soon as a human turned half robot, his or her destiny was basically halfway decided. There was no such thing as privacy in this world. Everything was controlled based on facts, statistics. That was the reason for everyone having their own computer companion. The computer companion knew every single detail about their assigned human, even their subconscious and destiny. It was up to the human if they wanted to know or just live life normally.

 

The world is going bonkers if Yang is stepping down his throne,” Dara said as she put her clothes on

 

But you've been saying the world has gone bonkers for years now,”

 

Chaerin, will you ever let me win at anything?”

 

I'm just saying,” Chaerin paused, “So about your dream,”

 

Chaerin, I told you no,”

 

Don't you ever wonder why you dream of him so much?”

 

Maybe because he bugs the hell out of me?”

 

So defensive, and you dream of him romantically,”

 

Just stop it, Chaerin. I know you know why, but I don't want to know,”

 

Okay, but Dara. If you ever want to know, do tell me,”

 

I will. I'm off to work now,”

 

Take care.”

 

 

 

 

 

Dara took out from her pocket what looked like a mini remote control for a television. She click the “on” button and her flying car soon appeared.

 

Work again and I bet it's chaos,” she shook her head

 

Good morning, madam Dara,”

 

Good morning, Riri,”

 

A fine day, don't you think?”

 

It always is,” Dara answered as she got in

 

Are you excited?” asked Riri as they were nearing the company building

 

Why would I be?”

 

Haven't you heard?”

 

Riri, if I did, I wouldn't be asking you why would I be excited,”

 

You are one of the prospects for the next president,”

 

Me?” exclaimed Dara

 

Yes ma’am,”

 

Why me?”

 

Well according to this,” a screen popped up showing Dara's history at work, “you are an outstanding worker of First Flying Cars.”

 

Riri continued to read aloud Dara's data on how she managed to work her way at the top, the sales she's achieved, the customers that adore her, etc.

 

Okay, okay, I get it.”

 

Dara was feeling overwhelmed.

 

We're here,” Riri stopped, “good luck Madam Park! I hope you get the job.”

 

Dara stepped out of the car and straightened herself out. “Riri, off. I hope I don't get the job.”

 

Are you talking to yourself again, Ms. Park?” a familiar voice somehow surprised Dara

 

Must you call me that?” Dara turned around

 

I like it,” a smirk was on Chanyeol's face

 

He inched closer to her and barely any room was left for the two.

 

You're Ms. Park and I'm Mr. Park,” he winked

 

Which means nothing,” she looked at him straight in the eye

 

Nothing yet,”

 

Oh please,”

 

You do know there is a possibility that I will be the next president,”

 

There is also a possibility that I will be the president,” Dara hated to brag but she couldn't help it

 

Feisty, I like it,” Chanyeol's eyes trailed down to her lips

 

Let's just go to work before we're late,” Dara felt her heat skip a beat

 

Sure thing,” Chanyeol gladly obliged.

 

The two walked together in the building, with Chanyeol's hand on Dara's shoulder.

 

If you don't remove your hand, I am going to sue you,”

 

Let me be the one to say oh please,” he chuckled

 

For ual harassment,” Dara shrugged his hand off and power walked away from him

 

Stubborn Dara. You and I, can't you see? We're meant to be,” he exclaimed with his arms open

 

She looked back at him and gave him her “You can it,” look.

 

He's not even embarrassed to say such things aloud. Everyone can hear him,” mumbled Dara.

 

 

 

 

Right when Dara thought she was rid of Chanyeol, he caught up with her at the elevator.

 

When will you ever acknowledge me, Dara?” he whispered to her ear

 

Maybe when you stop being a ert,” Dara clicked the elevator button again, “How is it that everything else in the world except elevators have made major improvements this past decade?”

 

Well it goes at an extremely fast speed now,” Chanyeol answered

 

Right. Which means I don't have to talk to you that long or you can just take the next elevator,” Dara told him as she entered the lift

 

There is no way I am letting you out of my sight,”

 

You ever get tired of pick up lines?”

 

Dara looked at the elevator screen and read 200th floor. Their boss wanted to see them. Ding.

 

Never.”

 

The two stepped out of the elevator as they reached the 200th floor of their building, the big boss' floor.

 

My top players,” their boss was on his circular chair turned to face the city

 

Good morning, sir,” the two chorused

 

How in sync,” he turned to face them, “I'm sure you two have heard by now the news.”

 

The two nodded as a response.

 

And to take the burden off of your shoulders, I will be telling you two now my decision.”

 

Dara's eyes widened at the shock. He's made his decision that fast.

 

I have chosen both Park Dara and Park Chanyeol as my successors,” he claimed

 

Chanyeol bowed in a 90 degrees manner while Dara's jaw dropped.

 

Is that allowed?” asked Dara

 

It is my company,” answered Yang, “Knowing you Dara, you might not take it, but you have to. It has to be you two. I won't let you go to other companies.”

 

Dara opened to speak but no words came out.

 

We are honored,” Chanyeol spoke

 

You two are dismissed.”

 

Just like that, Dara thought. How is it that easy? Why is he even quitting? He's still so healthy. That old man.

 

As soon as they two entered the elevator for the 2nd time that morning, Chanyeol let out a chuckle.

 

Looks like you're stuck with me, Dara-yang. What did I tell you? You and I, we're meant to be.”

 

Dara didn't want to believe it, but under the circumstances, Chanyeol was right. They were stuck together. She couldn't possibly turn down such an offer, because she'd have to find another job which she was not up for. When Chaerin was bothering her this morning, Dara wondered if her dear computer already knew what was coming. Is this why Chanyeol was constantly in her dreams?

 

Maybe this First Flying Cars Company is going to be owned by Mr. and Mrs. Park,” Chanyeol gloated

 

Ding.

 

Is it possible? Is he my soulmate? 


Author's Note

I was so excited for this because it said futuristic and then I realized too late that it was suppose to be fluff. I had this whole angsty futuristic ChanDara planned out xD So I am not sure if this is that good. i hope it is okay. I tried to interpret the push x pull relationship as best as I could? :3  Sorry that it took me so long. Thank you for being so patient with me.