Come Back

The Charm of a Goddess

Her brown, almond shaped eyes scanned the room in search of that one familiar face she's been longing to see. How long has it been since she laid her eyes on his charming face? Was it two or three years? It's been too long for her that she lost count. At last, she spotted his tall, lean figure. He still had the same hairstyle. His back was all she could see but the moment he began to turn, she stopped breathing. This is it, she thought. She's had sleepless nights waiting for this moment, for him to come back. In a matter of seconds, their eyes met. However, it was not eyes of joy that met hers but guilt. She was too caught up in his presence that she failed to notice the slim, petite, blonde lady next to him, clinging to his arm.

 

“Dara,” he spoke first

“Seunghyun,” she replied

“Nice to see you again. I didn't think you'd come,”

“I could say the same for you,” she paused, “Who is this pretty lady?”

 

The blonde smiled. She might be small but her presence was tremendous. She's a femme fatale, Dara was thinking.

 

“I'm Yoora,” she held her hand out for a handshake

“I'm Dara,” accepted Dara

“I've heard of you. You and Seunghyun were good friends,” stated Yoora

 

Dara looked at Seunghyun by instinct. As usual, he was unreadable.

 

“Is that what he said?” Dara was ready to play with fire

“Oh no. It was Youngbae that told me. Seunghyun's never mentioned you,” but so was Yoora

 

Seunghyun could feel the undeniable tension between the two ladies. 

 

“I'll leave you two be. Seems like there is some misunderstandings here. Plus, Kiyong is waiting for me.”

 

At the mention of Kiyong, Seunghyun felt a little twitch.

 

“Enjoy the night,” Dara walked away.

 

Dara's shoulders loosened up as Kiyong welcomed her to an embrace.

 

“I knew he was always trouble,” mumbled Kiyong

“Just, just... don't talk about him.”

 

It was ironic for Dara how things turned out. It was Kiyong that was the apple of her eye for two years in college while Seunghyun was her shoulder to lean on every time Kiyong made her sad. In an unexpected turn of events, she fell in love with Seunghyun... Who eventually left the country as soon as they graduated from college. He told Dara that it was always his dream to travel the world, to see breathtaking art. She understood that, but she was hoping he'd take her too. Kiyong then turned to her confidante.

 

“Why did I even come to this college reunion?” Dara said

“Because I wanted to and then you found out that-”

“Don't continue,” Dara let go of him

“I just left for the restroom and look at the mess you've become,”

“Not funny,” Dara lowered her head

“Hey, don't be so down. Don't let him see that.”

 

Kiyong naturally put his arm around Dara's shoulders. When he saw from his peripheral vision that Seunghyun was looking at them, Kiyong placed his hand on Dara's waist instead, pulling her closer to him.

 

“His lost, you know. Not yours,” Kiyong whispered to Dara's ear.

 

Dara heard Kiyong but she couldn't help it. She appreciated him comforting her but it wasn't what she wanted. Why did she ever think it would be enough for him to come back? What she really needed and desired is for him to come back to her.  

 

 


A/N

The Seunghyun in the story is Choi Seunghyun/TOP. At least he was the person on my mind. But if you want to think it's Lee Seunghyun, it's fine with me :)