Meddling with the heart affairs...

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho, Ill Woo and Kim Bum decided to hang out and have a barbeque at Ill Woo’s place. Since he stayed at his parents’ home, it would be the easiest to do it there. Kim Bum stayed in an apartment while Min Ho’s place would be the most uncomfortable to do so with the cold war that was going on at their home.

They chose that night because Min Ha would be having her friends’ slumber party. So, Min Ho would be a real single man and he’d rather enjoy a hearthy meal and a meaningful conversation with his good friends.

Min Ho brought the beef he promised his friends. He pushed the bell and waited for Ill Woo to open the door. Not long after, the door creaked open and Ill Woo greeted him with a warm smile.

“Come in! Come in!” Ill Woo invited Min Ho in.

“What’s with the crutches?” Min Ho asked when he saw Ill Woo depended on the crutches.

“Long story short, I chased a girl and fell. Like literally!” Ill Woo rolled his eyes.

“Charatta! Uri Chingu is finally making some progress!” Min Ho cheered on Ill Woo.

“Ani… It’s not like that.” Ill Woo said as he limped towards the kitchen counter where Min Ho took out the beef from the shopping bag. “Oh my!!! Look at those marblings!!!!” Ill Woo said excitedly. “I can’t wait to savor them!”

“Where’s Kim Bum?” Min Ho asked.

“He’s outside setting up the fire.” Ill Woo told him and Min Ho looked outside the kitchen and saw Kim Bum at the patio hovering the barbeque grill.

He and Ill Woo then walked out from the kitchen bringing the last item that Ill Woo and Kim Bum had anticipated. “Is the heat on?” Min Ho asked.  He put the beef next to the other dishes. “Man! We’re going to eat like there’s no tomorrow!” As Min Ho looked at the food deliciously waiting to be grilled to perfection.

 

The three of them laid on the lawn chair with the shirt rolled up. Kim Bum was playing with the toothpick which he put inside his mouth and held it in between his sets of teeth as he patted his protruding tummy.

“Ah… Chamnaaa…. The ladies man has pot belly!” Min Ho joked which brought laughter to both of his friends.

“You are my twin, man!” Kim Bum said as he also pointed at Min Ho’s protruding tummy.

“We need to work out!” Ill Woo said as he looked worryingly at his tummy as well.

“Arghh… not now… We need to just enjoy the sky!” Min Ho protested. “Besides, you have to heal up your sprained ankle.” He pointed out. “What’s the real story anyway?” He asked out of curiousity.

“Remember I wanted to go to a hill in Jeju that a friend of mind said has the best view?” Ill Woo asked.

Min Ho nodded.

“Well, an idiot who can’t be named was enticed by beautiful young fairies and went down without his realization and left me alone up at the hill. The view was spectacular. I saw this woman, whom, Kim Bum insisted very familiar, she was there all alone doing her work on her tablet, enjoying her coffee and sandwiches. I decided to struck a conversation but she ignored me. I mean, not totally ignore me, but she would answer me in a way that I would not bother her anymore. Her eyes were filled with sorrow but she appeared calm and collected which was quite interesting.” Ill Woo explained in such a length.

“Love at the first sight~~~~” Kim Bum sang to annoy Ill Woo.

“Yah! Anikoden… But she somewhat portrayed depression.” Ill Woo sensed remembering his brief conversation with that woman. "But, she ignored me and I followed her in a hurry since she was also in a hurry to leave me behind."

"Well... You sounded like a stalker anyway! I would have run away too." Kim Bum said. Ill Woo narrowed his eyes at Kim Bum and threw another grape which he caught again with his mouth. "I slipped and fell but she caught me. So, that's the story of my meet with an interesting woman."

“It seemed that you guys are not the only ones…” Min Ho said as he looked at the two of his friends. Both of them gave a surprised look.

“Wait?” Ill Woo sat straight. “Are you telling us you have a person of interest?”

Min Ho looked up the sky and nodded.

“Wow! That fast? I wonder who is going to be Min Ha’s new Eomma!” Kim Bum smiled sheepishly.

Min Ho realized he must have had saying something irrelevantly interesting since he managed to stir such reactions from his friends.

“Eo?” He turned to look at his two friends. “What? No! Hmmm… How should I tell you guys about this?” He looked down at his feet as he was thinking of a way to tell them of what was reeling in his way. He inhaled first, “Hm… I had a video call with my sister, Yu Bi since Min Ha wanted to talk to her and during that time Yu Bi was walking off to her school. She showed us some of her friends and her teacher.”

“Is she hot?” Kim Bum asked excitedly.

“Yah!” Ill Woo threw a grape at Kim Bum which Kim Bum managed to catch with his mouth.

Min Ho narrowed his eyes at Kim Bum, “I have no idea what your level of hotness is but to me she is interesting in a way.”

“Wae yo?” Kim Bum asked.

“I don’t know. She’s not that distinctive nor is she attractive but Min Ha mentioned that she kept on seeing that teacher of Yu Bi during her birthday.” Min Ho creased his forehead.

“Is Min Ha sure?” Ill Woo asked. “It could be someone who just look like someone who were at her birthday party.” He tried to reason.

Min Ho shrugged, “But she was adamant. I meant, Min Ha is the not kind of kid who would easily get closer with an adult. I meant, Eun Hye always tried to get closer to her but she refused. Somehow, this lady, she sounded so affectionate.”

“Do you have her picture with you now?” Kim Bum asked.

“Yeah I do. Chakaman…” Min Ho took his phone and sifted through his phone. “Here…”

A replay of video of a woman with a  very fair skin appeared. She looked serious and busy, adjusting her spectacles as she was explaining something at her student. From the video, Yu Bi approached and introduced her and the teacher was startled. Min Ho paused when the face of the teacher was fully captured.

Kim Bum and Ill Woo looked at one another as they felt the familiarity. Kim Bum tilted his head from side to side as if he was trying to fit the face into his memory.

“sulma…” Kim Bum said. “Yah.. Ill Woo… Remember that hiking day…”

“Yah.. Yah… Yah…” Ill Woo’s eyes widened and he was pointing at Kim Bum then Min Ho. “It’s her… It’s her…”

“Who?” Min Ho asked curiously.

“The lady I met at the hill…” Ill Woo answered.

“She was possibly a student at our old high school. I somewhat felt she looked familiar but I just couldn’t pin point who she was.” Kim Bum explained.

“Eo?” Min Ho looked at both of them. “okay… that aside but what is her connection to my family. Why would she be at my daughter’s birthday everytime?”Min Ho enquired. “I kept on trying to jog my memory if I could recall her but nothing.”

“Maybe, you should ask your family?” Ill Woo suggested.

“At this stage, I rather not. My mom might burst off the roof. I’ll find Yu Bi and ask her.” Min Ho decided as he stared at the woman in his phone.

“You know, you should also ask Kwang Soo. He might recognize her.” Kim Bum suggested.

“I think his mouth is shut for good by my mom but I will give it a try.” Min Ho answered.

***************

Kwang Soo was preparing the documents his cousin asked him to when his mother knocked his door.

“Neh, Eomma.” He answered as  he opened the door. He saw his mother’s expression. “What is it Eomma?” He asked feeling a bit anxious. “Are you sick?” He held his mother’s shoulders.

“A… Ani… Your s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter