You and I, we just don't belong together...

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho walked into his suite, Yu Bi and Min Ha were sleeping peacefully. He checked his daughter and smiled seeing her sleep so well. Indeed, being away from his mother had helped to release the tension his daughter had felt lately.

He walked quietly to the living room part of the suite and took some water bottle so that he could consume his medicine. After that, he walked to the balcony as he thought he might as well clear his mind from what had happened earlier with Hwang Seonsengnim. Something told him that Hwang Shin Hye had everything to do with him and he just couldn’t find out what it was yet. He sat at the chair and put his water bottle on the small table as he gazed over the beautiful night view that the hotel had offered. His mind drifted back to the time both of them conversing in the car,

“Eo?” Shin Hye was shocked of what she heard.  ‘Dear God! Please give me strength! Paboya.. I am her!’I Shin Hye looked outside her window trying to control her emotion. “I’m sorry… I am not sure what you are trying to say.”

“I think my frustration is getting on to me.” He opened up as he exhaled. “I don’t know if you really know the story about me. I meant Yu Bi was young when it happened.” He trailed off a little bit as he was getting emotional. “You see, Min Ha’s Eomma left me…” He inhaled a little before he continued as he felt what he was about to tell Hwang Seonsengnim was something very important as a matter of dead or alive, “I was hospitalized back then. I was involved in a bad accident.” He paused a little bit.

Shin Hye just looked straight as she gave him a little nod to indicate that she was processing what she was hearing.

“The thing was, when I woke up, I can’t recall who my wife was.” He stopped again for a bit. His hand crushed the brown paper bag that contained his medicine and listening to the crisp of the bag, Shin Hye turned to examined him.

“Maybe this is too hard for you.” Shin Hye tried to console.

“Ani… I don’t know why… but I feel very secure to tell this to you.” He admitted. “The moment  I first saw you, I was curious about you. I … felt…. An attraction… towards.. you…” Min Ho said as he looked at her.

“Sajangnim…” Shin Hye tried to stop him from saying such dangerous expression, “ I think you were just curious about me.” She chuckled.

“Curious and honestly, the past three days I had been thinking about you.” He insisted.

“Please… I am most uncomfortable for you to say such a thing unnecessarily.” Shin Hye said straightforward.

“Ah… I am so sorry to put you in such position.” Min Ho immediately apologized.

“Look! I think you are stressed out like you said. And… You are bound to look for an outlet. Why don’t you talk with your… er… fiancé?” Shin Hye suggested as she looked at him smiling amicably.

“Dugu?” Min Ho looked at her confused and a tad offended as he had no one at that moment. What surprised him was, he was offended because it came out from when he already told her that he was having some sort attraction to her.

“That… lady at the hospital with your daughter…”Shin Hye tried to distract him.

“Oh.. Her…” He waved his hand at Shin Hye to indicated that Eun Hye had nothing to do with him. “She’s a friend. Well.. Honestly, I have trying to get out of the agreement that our mothers have made.” He smiled at her bitterly. “My mother had been trying to push her as my wife candidate. I am not ready for that.” He said to Shin Hye.

“Ah… Neh…” Shin Hye tried to sound uninterested but deep inside she felt happier knowing he was not falling for her step-sister.

Min Ho took Shin Hye’s hand without warning which startled Shin Hye. “Look! I am sorry if I am unloading unto you and admitting things but that is how I felt now.” He admitted.

Shin Hye slowly tried to loosen his grip, “Sajangnim please don’t do this. As I told you earlier, I feel very uncomfortable.” She looked at him holding her hand, “I.. I am not used to such a thing.” She looked at him and he was staring deeply into her face. “Please…” Shin Hye begged. ‘Remember me …’

 “Oh.. I am sorry… I don’t know what’s gotten into me…” He let go of her hand and raked his hair. “I.. I think I better go now.” He said as he pulled the door and opened it.

He walked slowly towards the hotel when he heard steps closing in. He turned to see Shin Hye running towards him with a paper bag. She stopped in front of him as he stared deeply into her face.

“These are Yu Bi’s necessities. Please pass this to her. Thank you, sajangnim…” She tried to sound plain.

“Ah.. Neh…” Min Ho said. He was hoping somewhat she would say more but Shin Hye immediately turned around and headed back to her car. Somehow, instinctively his feet moved as if he was about to chase her and hug her from behind but he got back to his senses and held it within. He watched her leave before he headed back to the hotel.

 

While sipping his water, Min Ho smiled reminiscing the time when they were in the hospital. He recalled how annoyed Shin Hye sounded when the doctor assumed they were a set of fighting married couple. “Do we really look like a married couple?” He asked himself as he looked up into the sky. There were blinking of stars adorning the beautiful clear sky.

“Why am I strongly attracted to her? What is it about her?” He asked. “Could it be she’s her? Or she is the one for me?” He wondered. “Why don’t I feel like I am cheating on Min Ha’s eomma?” He pondered further.

Min Ho fell asleep on the chair, he dreamt as he drifted deeper into his sleep.

He walked into a beautifully decorated apartment. He could smell the lavender scent and followed it. He put the bag onto the sofa that greeted him as he entered their living room.

‘Where am I?’ He asked as he walked into the apartment which he assumed was his.

‘Oppa.. You’re home?’ A sweet voice called out and assuming it was him.

‘Who is that?’ He thought to himself but curiosity beat his anxiety that he just go to where the voice called him out.  Eh then walked into the kitchen where he could almost smell what she was cooking. From her behind, Min Ho could see a beautiful figure busy preparing food.

Without thinking much, Min Ho walked towards her and instinctively, he wrapped his hands around her which made her stop working on preparing the food. Min Ho suddenly felt the feeling he had been missing surged up. Min Ho was lost in that feeling and the smell…. Lavender… which was so calming and tranquil, Min Ho inhaled her scent well. “You don’t know how much I missed you…” Min Ho said as he tightened his hug. “Why did you leave me? What have I done to you?” He asked as his voice began to shake. He felt the warm fluid rolled onto his cheeks, he snuggled on her head. “You’re my home…” Min Ho could feel her leaning against his body enjoying his hug which probably had made her felt secure like any other wives would do to their husbands.

He felt her hand trailing his arms and rested to touch his upper arm and the other hand rested on top of his hugs. He felt her massaged his upper arm and he liked it he nestled more.

“Oppa…” He heard her call him.

“Hmmm?” Min Ho asked questioningly as he closed his eyes enjoying the hug.

“Oppa….” She called him again.

“Chakaman… Let me enjoy this first… I miss you so much…” Min Ho whispered to her ears.

“Oppa… Min Ha is watching!” His wife said as she tried to tugged away his arms.

“Mwo?” Min Ho asked in confusion. He slowly opened his eyes,

“Arghhhhhh!!!” Min Ho screamed as he was greeted by his sister who was also screaming seeing his puffy face.

“ARghhh…. What happened to you?” Yu Bi pointed at his face.

Min Ho massaged his head a little as the sudden screaming competition with his sister awarded him a momentary h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter