I am the happiest when I am with you...

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye paced back and forth at the entrance of the park as she waited nervously for Yu Bi and Min Ha. She looked at her watch feeling worried of why they were running late.

“Eonnie… It’s me!” Yu Bi called Shin Hye.

“I know. What is it?” Shin Hye asked.

“Oppa is extremely busy and your baby is bored. Oppa doesn’t trust me to bring her out alone and he only allowed it since I mentioned that you will be chaperoning us… Do you think you can make it?” Yu Bi inquired.

“Er… Ahh….” Shin Hye was excited but she was also nervous on being given the chance to be able to spend her time with her daughter. Her heart raced with excitement.

“Come on, Eonnie… This is your chance…” Yu Bi coaxed her.

“B.. But what if she recognize me?” Shin Hye worried.

“So, what? You’re her mom!” Yu Bi said straightforwardly.

“Yah!” Shin Hye scolded Yu Bi. “Don’t say it out loud…”

“No one is in the bathroom with me!” Yu Bi whispered coarsely.

“What?” Shin Hye looked at her phone feeling disgusted as if she saw Yu Bi sitting on the toilet calling her. Then slowly she put her phone back to her ear, “That’s just disgusting!” Shin Hye pointed out.

“I’m not doing anything! I’m just hiding for a bit.” Yu Bi explained to Shin Hye knowing that she would feel disgusted as Shin Hye knew that she was a tad germ phobic at times. “Anyhow, can you make it?” Yu Bi asked again.

“Sigh… What mother would want a pass the chance to spend time with her baby,” Shin Hye sighed heavily after weighing out the pros and cons. “Let’s just do it.” Shin Hye decided. “Let’s go to Soingook Park? You wanted to go there last time? Let’s kill two birds with one stone.” Shin Hye suggested.

“Cool!” Yu Bi agreed.

Finally, after ten minutes of waiting and pacing back and forth, Shin Hye saw a familiar car arrived. Shin Hye’s heart beat faster than it was that she needed to do a deep breathing. The excitement level arose as her old friend, Kwang Soo, opened the door and ran out to open the door at the back and Yu Bi stepped out.

“Thank you, Oppa!”Yu Bi smiled amicably at Kwang Soo and then waited for Min Ha to come out. “Come on, Min Ha. Gomo’s friend is waiting for us.” Yu Bi informed Min Ha.

“Friend?” Min Ha asked as she hopped out of the car and looked up at her aunt questioningly. Yu Bi smiled and nodded as she placed her hand on top of her forehead to shade her face from the sunlight. Min Ha being a little lady shew as adjusted her cap which looked like a cute cat properly before she held her Gomo’s hand. “I hope she’s as cute as a cat or one of the ponies.” Min Ha wished as they walked towards Shin Hye who smiled watching how grown up her daughter had been.

‘Oh Dear God! How have you grown up so well… My daughter…” she thought in her head as she watched Yu Bi and her daughter walked towards her.

“…And…. This is Gomo’s friend and teacher.” YU Bi introduced them.

With one eye closed, Min Ha looked up at Shin Hye who was smiling down at her. Min Ha’s eyes widened with excitement and her jaw dropped. “You… You’re that Cat Queen?” Min Ha remembered well. “I remembered you!” Min Ha exclaimed as she rushed towards Shin Hye and hugged her tightly.

“Huh?” Shin Hye was caught off guard. She didn’t expect Min Ha to remember as the way she dressed was different that day and she looked more casual than she did when she attended Min Ha’s birthday party in the past.  Shin Hye slowly put her hands on Min Ha’s body and she couldn’t contain her overflowing joyness of an emotional feeling at all. She squatted down and hugged Min Ha tightly. “I miss you too….” She uttered, her voice was shaky as she wanted to cry of joy.

‘Hm… If Min Ha can remember her well… There’s no way Eomma can hide everything anymore. I just hope Oppa would remember her as well,” Yu Bi thought as tears welled up at the corner of her eyes when she saw how passionate Min Ha and Shin Hye were. She wiped her tears, “Wow! You remembered?” She pretended. “She was the cat lady that you have been talking about?” Min Ha looked at Yu Bi and nodded. “Mareba… She does look like a woman who would grow old with cats.” Yu Bi deliberately narrowed her eyes at Shin Hye and smirked. She loved teasing Shin Hye but normally she would get back of what she did.

“Hmm… I wonder if it was supposed to be a mean remark. As far as I remembered, I don’t need a cat around when a big baby sprawled openly in my living room need some attention,” Shin Hye eyed Yu Bi who then smiled sheepishly.

“You have a baby?” Min Ha asked half sad.

“It’s me she’s talking about,” Yu Bi stuck her tongue out acting like a little kid.

“Hm… as long as you know it.” Shin Hye hit Yu Bi on her arm.

“Why is Gomo your baby? Isn’t Gomo helmoni’s baby?” Min Ha still did not understand the conversation between her aunt and the cat lady. “Can I also be your baby?” Min Ha instinctively held Shin Hye’s hand and looked at her with eyes filled with hope.

“Huh?” Shin Hye looked down at her beautiful daughter. She was touched deep inside and a storm of emotions stirred her heart. “Er.. Ah…” She stammered nervously. ‘You are my baby!!!’  She wanted to scream her thought out loud. “Of course you can!” She hugged Min Ha again so that Min Ha could not see her face as she was fighting hard to control her emotion. She immediately stood up and turned around, “I need to go to the toilet first.” She quickly ran to the nearest restroom leaving Yu Bi and Min Ha confused of her action.

Shin Hye cried as hard as she could. Her heart hurt real bad seeing how her own daughter had to beg to be hers. “You shouldn’t be like this!” She told herself. She took off her spectacles and then washed her face. She breathed in deeply to stabilize her emotion and took deep breathe several times and psyched herself to relax and just enjoy the moment that God had granted her with her daughter. AS she put back her glasses, her phone rang, it was Kang So Ra.

“Yumseyo?” Shin Hye answered weakly.

“The little mischief texted me to check on you! Are you alright?” So Ra asked worried.

“I am okay now.” Shin Hye answered.

“Ottoke don geo ya?”  So Ra asked again.

“Nothing… I just missed her so much and I can’t believe this miraculous happening today,” Shin Hye bit her lower lip as she tried to hold her emotion. “You know how I have been wanting to have a day or two to be with her but I am grateful that God has finally answered my prayers.” She explained to So Ra.

“Kere… You should enjoy it since there might be long before you can have the chance to spend time with her.” So Ra gave her the encouragement. “Do you want me to be there?” So Ra offered her company.

“Ani… I want to be it just me and her.” Shin Hye smiled. “Gomawo Chingu…” She thanked her friend for always being there for her.

“Gwenchana. Enjoy your time!” So Ra said sweetly before they parted their conversation.

Shin Hye checked her face and the swells around her eyes lessened. She took the last deep breathe and walked out of the restroom to find Min Ha and Yu Bi waiting for her.

“Eo? Why are you guys here?” She tried to sound cool.

“Gwenchanasoyo?” Min Ha asked filled with concern.

“Neh… I am okay.” Shin Hye smiled and caressed Min Ha’s head. “Let’s have some fun!” Shin Hye winked at Min Ha.

“Uh…. Eonnie…” Yu Bi called Shin Hye as she was about to hold Min Ha’s hand. “Can I.. Er… I need a favour…” Yu Bi said. “My friend just texted me and we have an assignment about touring a park. So, can I like be with her and can you like be with Min Ha?” Yu Bi pleaded. “It’s a group work thingy…” She explained further but deep inside Shin Hye could smell it was part of Yu Bi’s plan. Nevertheless, Shin Hye was grateful as she could have Min Ha all to herself.

“Hmm… Is that alright with Min Ha-ssi?” Shin Hye asked as she smiled at Min Ha. Min Ha carved a beautiful happy smile and nodded vigorously.

“I want to be with Cat Queen!” Min Ha hugged Shin Hye’s legs.

“Gomawoyo Eonnie and Gomawo Min Ha. Why don’t both of you go in first. I have to wait for the lazy bum. She has just woken up.” Yu Bi made a face to perfect her act.

“Kaja?” Shin Hye asked Min Ha.

“Neh!!!” Min Ha said full of energy.

The both of them walked together hand in hand as they began to chat actively ignoring Yu Bi behind them.

 

“Don’t forget to take a lot of pictures!” Yu Bi called out from behind with a happy smiled plastered on her face. The two were already lost in their world that they didn’t hear Yu Bi calling out to them. Yu Bi could hear the giggles from Min Ha and Shin Hye as they talked and Yu Bi felt that she did her job well.

 

***************

“I know Eun Hye is still following us. I just need a break.” Min Ho whispered at Kwang Soo as they both walked towards the beautifully man-made lake.

 

“Yes, I saw her hiding behind the huge tree back then when I walked towards you.” Kwang Soo said.

 

“Have they safely reached the Park?” Min Ho asked.

 

“Neh.” Kwang Soo answered.

 

“Was… er… Hwang Seonsengnim there?” MiN ho flustered as he was thinking about her all the while when Yu Bi mentioned that she would be chaperoned by Hwang Seonsengnim.

 

Kwang Soo had a little smile on his face, “Neh sajangnim.” He nodded a little.

 

“Hmm.. What should I do today? I finished reviewing our work for next wee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter