From Alice Rabbit to Alissa Lee...

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho smiled from afar looking at his engrossed little princess who buried her nose into the books which he bought for her which she requested last week.

 

“Min Ha-yah…” Min Ho called his daughter out as he cut the fruits and put them on the platter.

 

“Hmm…” She replied as she was still focused reading the book in her hand.

 

“Come take a break and eat some fruits.” Min Ho showed her the platter of fruits as he walked towards his daughter who was sitting in the living room’s sofa comfortably.

 

“Chakamanyo Appa… Just a little bit…” She answered without looking at her father. Min Ho placed the fruit platter on the  coffee table. He then decided to grabbed a couple of glasses of orange juice to quench their thrist.

 

While he was pouring the juice, he sneak peeked at his beautiful daughter engross reading a book which reminded him of Shin Hye when he took interest in her during their high school year.

 

“Guess who surpassed your last year’s overall score for Maths?” Ill Woo jumped up at Min Ho when Min Ho was heading towards the seonsengnims office.

 

“Mwo?”Min Ho asked confused as he fanned himself with his homework paper.

 

“You’re no longer The Maths’ Gandalf!” Kim Bum laughed. “And to think Youja beat you off the top score.” He laughed some more as if it was the funniest thing in the world. His two friends looked at him weirded out.

 

“Yah! Did you sneak in your dad’s liquour bar again last night?” Ill Woo hit Kim Bum’s back.

 

Kim Bum gave him a smirk which made Min Ho angry and hit him on his side, “Yah! You better stop doing that. Think of your health and most of all…” Min Ho knocked Kim Bum’s head, “Here… You need it to survive this world.” He adviced his friend.

 

“Yah…. Anikoden! I am not drunk and,” He pointed to each of his friend, “That was just a one time stupid thing!” He pointed out. “Aishh.. Chamna…”

 

“Yes, remember the word, STUPID.” Ill Woo warned him. “Anyhow, back to Min Ho.” Kim Bum stuck his tongue at Ill Woo. “Someone broke your score! Remember Professor Ra? He usually set the advance mathematics test so hard, you managed to get 92% last year but… but.. but…”

 

“Ke Youja got 98%!” Then Kim Bum laughed as hard as he wanted that his faced turned red and his eyes teary.

 

“Seriously man! Either alcohol or weed?” Ill Woo asked as he shook his head looking at his friend’s weird reaction.

 

“Really?” Min Ho asked feeling surprised . “I am curious now.” He thought for a bit, “Is it Eun Hye?” Since Eun Hye was always his contender in everything. Ill Woo slowly shook his head.

 

“It’s the girl who always ignored you and that’s even funnier!” Kim Bum laughed again.

 

“Park Shin Hye?” Min Ho asked in surprise. He would never thought that she looked interested in Maths as Eun Hye said that at home she was always reading books.

 

 

During break time, Min Ho decided to congratulate Shin Hye and he would like to learn about her secret. He went to see Professor Ra and asked to look at Shin Hye’s paper.

 

“What? She even managed to answer the bonus question?” Min Ho exclaimed in surprise.

 

Professor Ra nodded, “If she had finished the last question, she would have scored full mark.” She pointed out, “But she ran out of time. Plus, it would have hurt my reputation.” Professor Ra winked at Min Ho who smiled nervously back at his professor. “I think you should ask her how she came about to be able to do the bonus question which no one had every attempted during my reign.”

 

 

“Eun Hye… Where’s your sister?” Min Ho asked as he saw her in the school’s hallway.

 

“I don’t know.” Eun HYe shrugged. “Try the library. That’s her secondary home.” She giggled.

 

Min Ho headed to the library. There were very few students in the library during breaktime as they would rather spent it with their friends. He searched for Shin Hye back and forth and finally he saw her right at a quiet corner sitting comfortably smiling to the book that she was reading. Min Ho approached her slowly as if he was approaching a bird and not wanting it to fly away until he came closer. Shin Hye was oblivious to his presence. Min Ho had been standing next to her for a few minutes and she didn’t notice at all. There was something about this girl that teased his heart to play around with her, the comfort that he was sensing from her aura made him feel completely comfortable to even think of teasing her.

 

He bent down to have a better look at the page that she was reading, “And as Janice walked straight to the well where she dropped the ring of magic, a giant grasshopper appeared and…” Shin Hye turned to face him and was surprised as his face was only a few inches away from hers.

 

“Annyeong hoobae.” He grinned and then took a chair to sit next to her.

 

“Hmmm.. Annyeonghaseyo.”She then focused back to her book looking annoyed with his presence.

 

“Err… Can I talk with you?” Min Ho asked as he kept his eyes glued to her who seemed to ignore his existence.

 

“Hm… The last time I check library is for reading. If you are looking for someone to talk to you can exit this area and have the option to head to anywhere else in this school to converse.” She answered bluntly and flipped her page.

 

“Well… If I were to do that, I would not head up here right? I have a particular interest of a topic to talk to you.” He insisted as he kept his smile.

 

She exhaled in frustration and closed her book, “Waeyo? What is it? Make it quick. I want to finish this chapter before the next class. “ Her eyes glued to the book.

 

“Eh.. Well.. Chukaeyo for scoring high in Professor Ra’s Maths class.” Min Ho congratulated her.

 

“Khamsahamnida.” She replied.

 

“well… How did you manage to answer the bonus question?” Min Ho thickened his face.

 

“Will you leave me if I tell you how?” She asked as she closed her book and look at him.

 

“Sure…”Min Ho answered.

 

Shin Hye went through her bagpack and grabbed a paper and a pen. “Okay, if I recalled correctly…” She went into explaining to Min Ho how she attempted the question. Min Ho was engrossed in listening and learning from her.

 

 

“Appa!!!” Min Ha called for Min Ho’s intention.

 

“Huh?” Min Ho looked at his little girl.

 

“I finished this book! Can we get the next one?” She begged.

 

“Wow! My girl is such an ACE!” Min Ho praised his girl as he walked up to the living area where he had placed the fruits and placed down the glasses.

 

Min Ha grabbed a fork and went for the fruits. She enjoyed eating them which again reminded Min Ho of Min Ha’s Eomma who also loves fruits. “Min Ha-yah… Do you miss Eomma?” He suddenly asked.

 

Min Ha slowed down her chewing and then gulped the fruits and forced a smile at her father. She remembered when Eomma told her to take care of her Appa. “Er… Aniyo.” She answered slowly.

 

“Don’t lie. Appa won’t be made.” Min Ho said as he popped a grape into his mouth.

 

Min Ha looked down thinking for a bit, “I.. I do.” She admitted. “But! I am with Appa! That is most important.” She grinned at him. Min Ho’s heart broke seeing how his daughter tried to protect him from being hurt. He hugged his daughter tightly. “Appa.. Waegeresoyoooo?” Min Ha squeal fighting to get off her father’s hug.

 

Min Ho stopped and looked at his beautiful daughter, “Appa.. too.. Miss Eomma so much. Appa mian he Min Ha.”

 

“Eo? Waeyo?” Min Ha asked her father as to why he was apologizing to her.

 

“It’s because of Appa… Eomma runs away.” He admitted to his daughter.

 

“Appa… forget it… Eomma has forgiven you a long time ago.” Min Ha told him. “Besides, she is not my biological mother… It’s just someone whom I felt that she was but I know that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter