I thought you were her...

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Shin Hye reached her flat, she was still stupefied of what had just happened. The meeting with those people who claimed to be her long lost family and the unexpected encounter with Min Ho, it was as if a package that came into one to tease the very life of hers. She closed the door behind her and walked slowly to her sofa. She recalled the meeting she had with her mother’s family and what had happened after that. 

Back to meeting her mother’s family…

“Eo? Mworaguyo?” Shin Hye asked in shocked of the new revelation she had to receive from someone who she had never met in her entire life.

“Dearest…” The lady who looked like her mother touched Shin Hye’s hand, “I am your mother’s twin sister. Hence, we have a striking resemblance.” She explained.

“B.. But.. Eomma never talked about you. I always assumed that she was adopted or an orphan.” Shin Hye blurted out.

“There’s a reason why… It is something regretful. I am ashamed of myself…” The elderly male who claimed to be her grandfather said with a sullen face.

“Appa…. I love him…” Hwang Shin Hae told her father. She was there to inform her father of wanting to marry the man whom she loved.

“What do you mean? You do know he is married!” Hwang Tae Ji pointed out frustratingly.

“Ara… I will be his second wife…”She announced. “We will be legally married.”

“His family rejected you!” Hwang Tae Ji pointed another fact. “They even hasten the marriage with The Jin’s daughter. If they or he really care and respect you, they would have accepted you from earlier on!”

“Appa… You did see how hellish my life was… And now, he promised me he will announce our marriage and he will announce me as the second wife.” Hwang Shin Hae said as she bit her lower lip with her begging eyes looking at her father. “You always said, you would never interfere with our decision appa…” She reminded her father.

“Not when I feel like I am about to release you in a tiger’s den. I don’t want you to suffer, Shin Hae.” Hwang Tae Ji turned to his beautiful daughter and caressed her head. “I love you and Hwang Sun Ah. The two of you are my world. You are a set of beautiful gifts your mother had given me.” Tears strolled down on his cheeks.

“Please Appa… I know how to handle my life. I am old enough…” Shin Hae begged more.

Hwang Tae Ji had no other way but to threaten her daughter with what he considered as the lowest point of his decision. “If you still insist, I consider it that you want to cut ties with us.” Hwang Tae Ji said as he turned his back to his daughter. His heart hurt a lot.

“Yoebo…” His wife uttered surprised of her husband’s decision.

“Appa…” Shin Hae’s legs became weak and wobbly that she fell on the floor.

“My decision is final.” Hwang Tae Ji said and he walked out of the library room of their massive house.

Yoon Ha Na, Hwang Tae Ji’s wife and the mother to Hwang Shin Hae ran to Shin Hae, “Shin Hae-yah… come to your senses! Hmm?” She begged her daughter, “I am sure there will be other men…” She pointed out.

“Eomma… I love him… Eomma…” Shin Hae cried.

“That was the last time I saw your mother. Mianhe Shin Hye… I thought I wanted to save her from hardship but her love to your father was more and I can’t comprehend it. She ran away to marry him. Throughout the time, she updated us, she showed us you and how beautiful you have grown up. She showed me how she was able to build her successful life. Until, she stopped sending news. We had to track you and her and it wasn’t easy. We only found out recently she had passed…” Her grandfather trailed and cried. “Mianhe Shin Hae… Appa Mianhe….” He cried.

Shin Hye didn’t know how to react but instinctively she stood up and hugged her grandfather.

“It’s not your fault.. Ha.. Haraboji… Things happen… We might not understand… There’s reason… I am sure my mother had her reason.. you are being a parent… You wanted to save her… I would do the same for my child too…” Shin Hye said as she slowly caressed her haraboji’s back.

Hwang Tae Ji looked at the beautiful woman in front of him, Shin Hye had taken the beautiful look of her mother’s. “You look really like her.” He caressed her face. “I miss her…”

“I miss her too…” Shin Hye said tears welled up and her grandfather wiped them off.

“Please bring us to her grave one of these days.” Her helmoni said.

“She was rested in Seoul Helmoni…” Shin Hye told her.

“We should go together one of these days.” Helmoni said smiling softly at Shin Hye.

“Where are you staying Haraboji, Helmoni and Imu?” Shin Hye asked politely.

“We stay in Vietnam, that’s where I build our business but we have expanded well in Korea. Your helmoni is thinking of moving the household here once we take in more shares.” Haraboji explained.

“I see… Where do you plan to stay?” Shin Hye asked.

“Wherever you are… I don’t want to be separated from you anymore.” Her helmoni said as she hugged Shin Hye. “You are the only one left of my Shin Hae.” She said.

“Currently I am working in this Island. I am a teacher.” Shin Hye told them.

“Wow! You are different from your mother.” Her Imu chimed in. “you’re more like me.” She smiled at Shin Hye.

“Eo? Imu is a teacher too?” Shin Hye asked excitedly.

“She’s a professor in a university.” Her haraboji said.

“Wow! I want to pursue my study too soon…” Shin Hye told them.

“That’s good dear.” Her haraboji said.

The night went really well, the family happily got to know one another well. What surprised her mother’s family was to learn that Shin Hye was married and divorced with a daughter. Shin Hye had to explain her situation.

“I knew this would happen…” Her grandfather said regretfully. “But, that’s in the past. You know that we are here for one another. I hope we can get your daughter back by any means. If you decide to fight for her, you tell me!” Her grandfather offered.

“Ah… It’s alright. She is happier with her father now.” Shin Hye said.

“So up until now, your husband cannot identify you?” Helmoni asked.

“Yes, the doctor said, it’s to do with his memory after the impact of the accident.” Shin hye smiled explaining to her grandmother.

“You poor soul!” Helmoni hugged Shin Hye tightly as she cried.

“That Park family claiming my daughter being the cursed one! They themselves fail to see the true gem!” Her grandfather hit the table.

“Sajangnim…” Go Secretary tried to calm him.

“Yoebo…” Helmoni uttered.

“He promised to value my daughter!” Haraboji was getting angrier, “And now… his own daughter… my granddaughter is being thrown aside!”

“Haraboji… My father didn’t throw me away. I decided to leave the place..” Shin Hye explained to him.

“Why?” Her grandfather asked.

“I don’t feel comfortable with my Step mother. I rather live on my own.” Shin Hye explained further. “I’m comfortable this way.”

“Kere… You really take over your mother. She was also an independent person.” Haraboji praised her. Shin Hye smiled at him.

“Let’s get the food in. I think we are all very famished.” Her haraboji said in perfect British accent. Shin Hye was surprised but she let out a chuckle. “We stayed there until their teenage years,” He pointed at her aunt.

“I see… No wonder she loved staying there.” Shin Hye said nodding her head.

“Did the two of you live in UK as well?” Helmoni asked as the waitress came in bringing their food.

“Neh… Even after she passed away, I was there until I was fifteen. Then my father and step-mother brought me back here,” Shin Hye told them.

They spent the entire night chatting away and Shin Hye felt safe and warm after a long time. She felt the increasing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter