I love you? I love you not?

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye checked her phone again and texted Min Ho as there was no respond nor text from him. “Sulma… Does he change his mind about me?” Shin Hye wondered sadly. She sighed heavily as she walked towards her flat. As she walked, she lifted her head and saw someone sitting on the front of her apartment. She recognized the silhouette and immediatey ran up to Min Ho.

 

“O..Oppa?” She watched him stood up and examined his face which looked really sullen and unkempt. There were stubble of beard and moustache shown around his face. Shin Hye felt sorry looking at him that way.

 

 

‘What? You’re heading to Jeju?” Ill Woo said in surprised. “I thought you said you wanted to lay low. What gives?”

 

“I can’t stand it Ill Woo! It’ eating me up inside.” Min Ho confessed. “I just have to talk to her… It could be our closure.” He said sadly.

 

“Waegeree…. Why should it be your closure? Why don’t make it as  a new life?” Ill Woo tried to offer his support.

 

“Mullaaaa… My mind is like a cocktail at the moment. So many things in my head and the push to see her is so strong that I couldn’t contain this feeling anymore.” Min Ho explained as soon as he received the key to the car that he wanted to tender, he ran up to the car and entered. “I gotta go now. Wish me the best chingu!” He switched off his phone.

 

He pulled on the curb and then quickly ran off to Shin Hye’s flat. To his disappointment, her flat was dark as there was no sign of her at home. He leaned against the door and slowly fell down on the floor. He called Ill Woo again, “How was it? That was fast!” Ill Woo asked.

 

“She’s not here!” Ill Woo could hear how disappointed he was.

 

“Be patient! She could be busy or at Kang So Ra’s,” Ill Woo reasoned.

 

“Kere… Sigh… I just want to get this overwith!” Min Ho said and then he ended his conversation with Ill Woo as he stared at his phone.

 

Min Ho heard steps coming towards him, he turned around and saw her beautiful excited face greeting him. He stood up slowly and she helped him as he felt her stare at him intently. He then met her eyes and stared at her very beautiful yet confused face.

 

“C-can we talk inside?” He asked her.

 

Shin Hye blinked her eyes a few time, “Ah.. Neh…” She agreed. She then stepped towards her door and reached for her keys inside her bag. She opened the door and turned to him, “Please come in…” she entered first and the lights in her flat then ran to the kitchen to boil some water. “Please sit down, Oppa…” She told him nervously. Min Ho didn’t seem to be like his usual self, something was off but Shin Hye didn’t want to aggravate him.

 

“Ah Neh,” He answered shortly and then sat down as he raked through his hair.

 

Once the water boiled, she quickly made a mug of coffee and then brought it to Min Ho. She stood up next to him like a guilty student. “Anjo…” Min Ho instructed her to sit down. She sat next to him quietly. Min Ho didn’t know how to begin, he stared into the space for a bit and Shin Hye just waited obediently. Somehow, the entire situation seemed very familiar to her. This sort of situation would happen whenever her mother in law came and she thought she would not experience such a thing anymore. “I remembered…” Min Ho murmured.

 

It wasn’t that clear to Shin Hye of what he was saying as he was murmuring, “Mianhe Oppa… What did you say?” She asked politely.

 

“ I remembered!” He said out loud which stunned Shin Hye of the sudden revelation that he made. Her eyes widened and she froze. “Why?” He stammered. “Why did…” He was lost at words as he started to cry.

 

Shin Hye shook her head to come to senses. “What? Oppa… What do you mean you remember?”

 

“You’re her…” He said without looking at her.

 

“I.. I am.. I…” Shin Hye panicked.

 

Min Ho immediately held Shin Hye’s arms. “Look at me!” He asked Shin HYe who was looking down. “Look at me!” He demanded. “Why did you leave me?” He asked. “Why did you leave us?”

 

“I… I… I… didn’t…” Shin Hye stammered. “O-Oppa…”

 

“Why did you pretend to be with me? Was it fun? Are… Are you making a fool out of me?” He asked non-stop.

 

Shin Hye began to cry too, she was confused but at the same time she was happy to have to remember her yet, he recalled of her leaving as something different that the actuality. “Oppa.. I … Didn’t…”

 

“Don’t lie to me…” Min Ho insisted.

 

“I am not Oppa!” Shin Hye tried to explain.

 

“Then, why? Why?” He shouted.

 

“Oppa… Please… d.. don’t be like this… listen to me…” Shin Hye tried to calm him down. He was hurting her arms. “Oppa… You’re hurting me…” Shin Hye whimpered as his fingers dug into her flesh.

 

He released her and stood up. He stared at her who was massaging the side of her arms as she looked at him with begging eyes. “Oppa…” She sobbed.

 

“I… I can’t do this…” Min Ho turned around and stormed out of her flat.

 

“Oppa… Oppa…” Shin Hye cried as her door closed. Shin Hye cried all she wanted.

 

 

Min Ho drove his car to his new house where he was supposed to proposed Shin Hye to marry him and live with  him and Min Ha for the rest of their lives. He entered the house and looked around. Kwang Soo did a good job decorating the house and he could sense some touch of Eun Hye as well.  He sat on the sofa as he massaged his chest.

 

“What have you done?” He asked himself. He lied on the sofa and forced himself to sleep. He didn’t want to think anymore. He was tired. His mind kept wheeling about Shin Hye’s puzzling attitude regarding their relationship.

 

*Phone rang*

 

“Hmmm…” Min Ho answered.

 

“So, it didn’t go well?” Ill Woo predicted.

“Mulla… All I can remember was, I asked her things, she wanted to respond but I didn’t let her… aish… Stupid me!” Min Ho hit his head.

 

“I told you! You need to calm down…” Ill Woo reminded him.

 

“Ara… But…. Aish… Mulla! I don’t want to talk anymore!” Min Ho said as he switched off his phone and forced himself to sleep.

 

****************

“I came as soon as you texted me,” Her aunt looked at her worried as Shin Hye opened her door. She didn’t realized that it was morning already as she was staring into the space so much.

 

“I-Imu…” Shin Hye broke down and cried as soon as she saw her aunt whom she greeted from her door.

 

“Gwenchana… Gwenchana…” Her aunt immediately hugged her and comforted her. “Calm down my love…. Calm down…”

 

Her aunt brought her to the sofa and closed the door behind them. She slowly seated Shin Hye and saw a mug of coffee on the coffee table untouched.  She looked at Shin Hye’s disheveled and tired self. She finally understood what was going on with her beloved niece.  She let Shin Hye cooled down herself.

 

Shin Hye’s aunt stood up and got the full mug and cleaned it up and took out milk and cocoa powder. The rain suddenly pou down heavily as if the weather knew that both Min Ho and Shin Hye’s feeling were really down.

 

Hwang Sun Ah made a frothy hot chocolate for both Shin Hye and her, she handed Shin Hye her mug. Shin Hye slowly took it, her aunt could see her hands shook slightly and she immediately helped Shin Hye to hold the mug properly.

 

“Khamsahamnida Imu.” Shin Hye said meekly.

 

“Ani… You don’t have to worry about it, drink some, it’s delicious and you need some for you energy,” Sun Ah advised her niece.

 

Shin Hye took a sip and she could feel the comforting warm flowing into and travelled through . She calmed down a bit and she put down the mug on her coffee table.

 

Sun Ah observed her niece who was extremely melancholic at that moment. “Tell me when you are ready…” Sun Ah said comfortingly.

She sipped her hot chocolate as she patted Shin Hye’s back.

 

“I think he left me…”Shin Hye said weakly as her eyes blinked once.

 

“Why do you think that?” Sun Ah asked.

 

“Last night, he was here. He… He said he remembered. He t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter