Alissa Lee, The King and The Queen

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye’s hand felt really cold. She prayed hard for the success of the event. It’s her first signing in event and later on she had planned something really big for her girl.

 

 

 

“Gosh! Your hands froze!”So Ra said as she tried to warm Shin Hye’s hands.

 

 

 

“It’s my first time going public I guess!” Shin Hye in deep breathe to clam himself.

 

 

 

“Breathe in… Breathe out!” So Ra said.

 

 

 

“Boss! All of the items for the parents are ready.” Came in a voice that seemed familiar. Shin Hye turned around to see who it was, “E…Eonnie…” Yu Bi stopped and her eyes widened.

 

 

 

“Yah! Didn’t I say knock first?” So Ra scolded Yu Bi who froze seeing Shin Hye before her.

 

 

 

“E..Eonnie…” Yu Bi walked towards Shin Hye as her eyes teary. Shin Hye gave Yu Bi a smiled and stood up open arms. Yu Bi ran to her and hugged Shin Hye immediately.

 

 

 

“Gwenchana…. We finally meet.” Shin Hye said slowly. She patted Yu Bi’s back.

 

 

 

“W-Why did you leave us?” Yu Bi asked. Her mascara ran down her face.

 

 

 

“Omo Omo Omo… Yah! You’re not going to represent me looking like that!” So Ra ran towards Yu Bi and took out her make up wet tissue and make up kit to fix Yu Bi up.

 

 

 

“I just had to… For my sanity sake.” Shin Hye answered. “Please don’t tell your Oppa…” She asked of her.

 

 

 

“W-Waeyo?” Yu Bi asked confused. “He-He’s been looking around for you.”

 

 

 

“It’s not the time yet.” Shin Hye sounded serious, then she smiled at Yu Bi, “There will be time I will come back to him and hopefully he would accept me again.”

 

 

 

“Eonnie… He has been looking for you. I think he had regretted his decision.” Yu Bi explained.

 

 

 

To that Shin Hye just smiled.

 

*****************************

 

 

 

Min Ha was extremely impatient for the clock to turn 7 p.m. Since Min Ho had decided to give the signing event as Min Ha bigges birthday present, he moved forward her birthday to 5 p.m. with the entire family.

 

 

 

“Where is aunty Yu Bi?” Min Ha whined. She wanted her birthday party with her family to end a bit early so that she could be on time at the place to meet her favourite author.

 

 

 

“Wait a little bit,” Her helmoni tried to coax her. “Aunt Yu Bi will finish her work soon and run up here.”

 

 

 

“Kokjungmal… my dear… Haraboji already called your  Aunt. She’s on her way.” Her haraboji tried to buy the time.

 

 

 

 

 

Lee Yu Bi took a deep breathe as she went out of her car. She couldn’t believe what was happening earlier. The woman whom her brother had been trying to locate was actually within her reach. She was bound on the promise she had made to Shin Hye earlier on but she knew how crazy it had been for Min ho for the past year and a half looking for his soulmate who ranaway.

 

 

 

“Please… please tell me where she is.” Min Ho begged Hwang Tae Ji outside the hotel of where they used to stay. He found out Hwang Tae Ji was having a meeting with a businessman there that day.

 

 

Hwang Tae Ji looked at Min Ho confused. “Let’s talk somewhere private.” He sounded cold. YU Bi helped her brother to stand up and they walked to a room which Hwang Tae Ji asked for from the receptionist.

 

 

“Have a sit.” Hwang Tae Ji told the both of them. “Secretary Go… and.. my dear,”He looked at Yu Bi. “I need one on one time with your brother.”

 

 

Yu Bi obediently left the room with Hwang Tae Ji’s secretary who after that treated Yu Bi kindly. Despite the fact of feeling that her brother was going to be harmed, Yu Bi felt otherwise but was still worried. Something might happened to him.

 

 

“Kongjungmal dearest… I have been working with my boss all my lives. He is nothing but a loving being. He will not hurt your brother. Would you like some drink? Dessert?” He asked as he smiled amicably.

 

 

“A… Aniyo…” Yu Bi answered.

 

 

They remained quiet for sometime and Yu Bi being her impatient self could not contain herself any longer. “Where is Eonnie, Ahjussi?”

 

 

Secretary Go looked at her with a kind look and smiled. “I cannot say anything at this point as I, myself, do not even know what is going on.” He said sincerely.

 

 

“Not even a little bit?”Yu Bi tried to fish out.

 

 

“Not even. My job is only limited to my work as secretary to the major owner of multiple coorperations. That is all.”Secretary Go explained. He called for the waitress to come and ordered Yu Bi a glass of orange juice and a cake.

 

Once what he ordered came, “Please eat, the sugar can help to calm down your nervousness.”

 

 

“Neh…” Yu Bi answered quietly and started to eat a little bit of the cake and drink the drink being served to her.

 

 

After a few hours, her brother came out. Yu Bi fell asleep on the table. Secretary Go woke her up. She saw her brother nodding at her, she immediately stood up, “Oppa!” She ran up to him. “Gwenchanasoyo?” She looked at her brother who became weak and pale.

 

 

“Young Master Lee…” Go Secretary bowed to them and he stood up, “I will be sending you. You are in no condition to drive.”

 

 

“It-It’s alright…” Min Ho insisted.

 

 

“No, I insist. Sajangnim Hwang would not be pleased with me if he knew I didn’t follow through his order.” Go secretary said.

 

 

 

 

“Oh man… How am I going to pull this off?” She panicked. Yu Bi decided to call someone. “Oh… Oppa!” She said in a high pitched voice.

 

 

 

“Aish… Jinja! Wae?” Said the male voice on the other line.

 

 

 

“Help me out…” She asked of him.

 

 

 

“Yah… You always say that and we would end up…” He stopped saying what he intended to say.

 

 

 

“Anikoden… This time it’s for real. Listen to me first.” She insisted.

 

 

 

“Ah… Chamna… Fine… What is it?” The male voice gave up.

 

 

 

“I met Eonnie today.” She told him. The male voice became quiet. “Are you listening?” She asked.

 

 

 

“Ara… I am.. continue.”The male voice ordered her.

 

 

 

“Well… It was weird… She didn’t want me to tell hyung.” Yu Bi continued. “It’s like she’s avoiding him. I am worried… I wonder if Oppa can live like this.”

 

 

 

“Don’t worry! Your brother will undersand. And I am sure, she just need her time some more.” The man she was talking to reasoned.

 

 

 

“What if… it’ll become forever?” Yu Bi was concerned and she bit her nails.

 

 

 

“Stop biting your nails!” The man scolded her. She jumped up straight and look around.

 

 

 

“Wait? Are you here?” Yu Bi asked.

 

 

 

“I am just at your left and not too far. I have just arrived myself.” The man said, Yu Bi looked at the direction her told her and she waved at him. The two of them met at the elevator.

 

Inside the elevator, the man could see how the incident had bothered her so much.  The male pushed the stop button. Yu Bi was surprised and she looked at him who was smiling at her lovingly. He slowly brought Yu Bi closer to him and hugged her. “Kokjungmal. I met her too…I can read in between her behavior. She’s not going to runaway any longer. She’s making a come back.”

 

 

 

Yu Bi felt a tad calm as she inhaled his fresh smelling cologne. She closed her eyes for a bit and, “Ill Woo Oppa… Khamsahamnida… For always taking good care of me.”

 

 

 

“Thank you for loving me.” Ill Woo said.

 

 

 

Yu Bi looked up at him and smiled sweetly, “Thank you for loving me also.” He bent down and kissed her forehead.

 

 

 

“Well… Your parents better be ready with accepting US today.” Ill Woo said as he pushed the button to continue the elevator to go up.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry. Having you as a son-in-law is my father’s dream.” Yu Bi answered him smiling happily. The elevator door opened indicated that they have reached the place.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah… I forgot. Yu Bi said she is bringing her namja chingu.” Shim Hye Jin announced to the table.

 

 

 

“She has a boyfriend?” Min Ho asked confused.

 

 

 

“Of course. She said she only had decided to be serious after he proposed.” Their mother explained.

 

 

 

“She has like two or three more years to go for her degree?” Min Ho asked confused still.

 

 

 

“Well, she didn’t say she wants to get married immediately.” Shim Hye Jin pointed out.

 

 

 

“Ah…” Min Ho nodded finally understanding. “I wonder who the guy is.”

 

 

 

“Gomo!!!!” Min Ha squeeled as she saw Yu Bi smiled at her so far. “Eo? Uncle Jung?” Min Ha pointed out and looked at Min Ho, “Are you inviting Uncle Jung as well? Uncle Kim?” She asked.

 

Min Ho was a bit confused. He could have invited him but he couldn’t recall. He just shrugged it off.

 

 

 

Yu Bi sat next to her niece and kissed Min Ha on her cheek and handed her present.

 

 

 

“Annyeong Hasimnikka Obonim, Eomonim, hyungnim…” Jung bowed to pay his respect to the family of the woman he fell in love with.

 

 

 

“Obonim?” His father uttered confused.

 

 

 

“Omo.. Omo.. Omo.. Eomonim…?” His mother reacted.

 

 

 

“Yah? Wae? Hyungni… What?” Min Ho stood up surprised to finally realized that the namja chingu his sister wanted to introduced was actually his dearest friend, Jung Ill Woo. “Yah! Yu Bi! How could you! He’s my best friend! It’s going to be weird!” He claimed, “But nevertheless, I am so happy.” He told his sister. “It feels safer this way.”

 

 

 

“Yah, Oppa! What are you saying?!” Yu Bi counter-attacked. “Are you saying I am bound to have bad choice?” She narrowed her eyes at her brother and gritted her teeth.

 

 

 

“Yah! You two stop it!” Their father intervene and giving them his serious look. The two of them stopped bickering. He then focused on Ill Woo who was still bowing to them. He smiled happily as his dreamt to have Ill Woo as his son-in-law would finally materialized. He stood up and walked towards Ill Woo and helped him up as he smiled at Ill Woo, “Welcome to the family, my boy!” He hugged his son-in-law to be. “Min Ha, he is going to be your uncle from now on.”Min Ha smiled at Ill Woo happily as she also liked her uncle Jung since he helped her father.

 

 

 

The early dinner was filled with happiness and laughter. Min Ha, on the other hand, was getting anxious and excited to attend the special signing event of her favourite author.

 

 

 

“You’re weird!” Her gomo pointed out. “When I was your age I went crazy for idols. Never a book author.” Yu Bi said. “Who is the author?” She asked as all of them headed to Min Ho’s car. Ill Woo and Yu Bi offered help to carry Min Ha’s presents from her dotting grandparents.

 

 

 

Min Ha seemed to not hear her aunt as she quickly climbed into her father’s car as she was in a hurry.

 

 

 

“I wonder how you ended up with Ill Woo still…” Min Ho pointed out.

 

 

 

“Seriously! Eommo and Appa should just ship this presents to your house! Why bother bringing them here! Ack!” Yu Bi’s forehead was red as she hit the side of the door while trying to put in the presents she carried.

 

 

 

“Lemme check!” Ill Woo immediately ran to his fiancé to check on her.

 

 

 

“Wahhhh… You guys are no joke!” Min Ho teased as he rolled his eyes at them. “Alright then! Don’t be naughty. Yah! You!” He pointed at his bestfriend. “Please send that baby home safely!” He smiled approving his sister’s relationship.

 

 

 

*************************

 

“How are you feeling?” Hwang Tae Ji asked his grand daughter who was monitoring the preparation of Min Ha’s birthday celebration.

 

 

 

“Nervous but excited.” Shin Hye admitted. “Helmoni?” She asked.

 

 

 

“She’s resting. The flight from Germany was tiring for her. Anyway, I want to join my beautiful wife resting. I wish you all the best love.” He kissed Shin Hye on her cheek. “Your aunt will help you up.” Her grandfather made a move to his suite. He had booked the entire hotel for that day to ensure his beloved granddaughter’s plan would come to a success.

 

 

 

“I must hand it to you, my dear.” Her aunt chimed in as she put up one of the fancy balloon up. “You have re-created Alissa’s fantasy land theme in Book 5.” She smiled. “Ah… If I was a little girl. I want my bedroom to look like this.” She looked around the well decorated room. “You work hard for this.” She hugged her niece. “I bet this is going to be the unforgettable birthday for your girl.”

 

 

 

“I hope so.” Shin Hye wore her beautifully decorated bunny mask. “what do you think?”

 

 

 

“Alice Rabbit indeed with a spunk on the side.” Her aunt winked. “I better go check on your grandparents. Do tell me if you need something.” She moved out of the hall.

 

 

 

So Ra barged in with a pretty dress on just like Shin Hye since they had decided to make it a theme party of Fantasy land.

 

 

 

“How are you queen?” So Ra bowed.

 

“Ah… my subject is late.” Shin HYe replied. “But for I am a kind queen. I shall forgive thee.” The both of them laughed hard.

 

 

 

“How are you?” So Ra put on  a bird mask.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter