That cursed lady....

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stupid man! Pabo!” Eun Hye cursed Min Ho as she stepped into her car. “Who does he think he is!” Her heart was filled with rage and embarrassment on how he had treated her.  She sped up her car to reach to the place where she promised to meet her friend or more like her cousin.

“Eun Hye-yah!” Min Young waved at her as she saw Eun Hye entered the club.

“Hey you!” Eun Hye greeted her cousin who was also her friends back in high school.

“What’s with the rush?” Min Young asked as she noticed Eun Hye gasping for air.

“Nothing, I just feel like running these days to shed off the anger.” Eun Hye said.

“Eo? Why are you filled with anger?” Min Young asked her cousin.

“That stupid man!” Eun Hye uttered. “Argh… Forget about him. I just want to party till I drop!” She said out loud and took the waiter’s attention to order some alcoholic drinks.

***********

Jin He Kyung sat nervously on the sofa inside their huge living room waiting for her daughter to arrive home. It had been three hours since her good friend called her to announce that her daughter had gone home. An hour afterwards, she received a message from her husband’s niece saying that Eun Hye and she were spending time at the club.

“Aigooo… This girl!” She complained to herself, “I told her to watch out. If any scancals come out this won’t be too good.”

Bored waiting for her daughter, she walked to Park Sung Keun’s room. The husband she married because of family’s business. She went in to check on him. He was watching news while his nurse was checking the vital and doing some preparation.

His eyes followed her growing closer to him. He could see how insincere her visit to his room was.

“How is he doing?” Jin He Kyung asked the nurse.

“He is doing very well Samonim.” The nurse answered politely. “I will return later.” He told her and his master as he walked out of the room to give privacy to both of his employers.

When the nurse left and closed the door behind him, she cleared as she sat on the sofa next to her husband’s bed, “She’s coming home late again.” She complained to her husband.

“Hmmm….”He retorted.

“She’s been doing that lately.” She continued.

“Maybe she is stressed?” He suggested.

“What about? I gave her everything.”She said feeling frustrated.

“Maybe one of those things you gave, she doesn’t want it.” He gave his thoughts.

“What do you mean?” She suddenly felt defensive.

“Just a thought.” He answered briefly not wanting to entertain her anger.

“It’s just useless talking to you.” She stormed out of his room and went back to the living room. Just then, Eun Hye arrived assisted by their butler who took her out of the taxi that sent her.

“Aigoo… This youja!”she followed her daughter up to her room. Eun Hye flopped on to her bed as she mumbled things that couldn’t be understood by anyone. She sat on the edge of her daughter’s bed and stared at her from top to bottom. “Why are you like this lately?” She caressed Eun Hye’s head.

Eun Hye mumbled an almost clear phrase, “Must help Eomma…” and she continued, “Mianhe Shin Hye… Mianhe for stealing him from you…”Eun Hye cried in her sleep.

*************

The lovely aroma filled the Lee’s family dining room. Min Ha and Min Ho came down together hand in hand. His mother looked at them and when she met Min Ho’s eyes she avoided them and pretended to look at the newspaper being placed on the table by the butler. His father was reading something from his mobile phone.

“Good morning Haraboji.” Min Ha greeted her grandfather. “Good morning helmoni.” She greeted her grandmother next. Her grandmother just ignored her and cleared .

“Kaja Min Ha.” Min Ho suddenly said. His father was surprised when he heard that Min Ho would bring his daughter out without eating their breakfast.

“Eo? You are not eating your breakfast?” His father asked him.

“Neh, we are not eating here. We’ll be having our breakfast somewhere else.”Min Ho answered softly. “We’ll get going then.” Min ho took Min Ha’s hand and went out of the house into their car.

When Min ho and his daughter left, his mother slammed the newspaper on the dining table.

“Waegere?” His father asked startled by her sudden outburst.

“I don’t understand him. All, I want is to give him the best.” She uttered under her breathe.

“Maybe you are pushing him too hard.” He tried to reason her.

“It’s been four years. He can’t even recall that wicked girl. We brought her around just so to trigger his memory but nothing. Maybe, it’s God’s way of telling him that he should move on.” She nagged.

Min Ho’s father would never stand to entertain his wife’s nagging so he decided to stand up and leave the room but before he did so, “Yoebo, maybe… It’s God’s way to tell you to leave it to Him.” He then leave the room and went into his car and drove off.

“Aish! Jinja! That old man! Why does he never back me up in any of my plan?” She hissed feeling frustrated with her husband’s nonchalant attitude.

She then decided to dial her friend’s phone.

“Neh.. It’s me He Kyung-ah. Are you free for lunch?” She tapped her fingers while waiting for her friend’s response. “Neh? Arasso. We’ll meet up at our usual place. See you later.”

*************

Meanwhile in Jeju Island, Yu Bi walked lazily as she stepped out to the street. Shin Hye had already left and to ensure that Yu Bi woke up on time, she called every five minutes. Yu Bi was yawning out loud when Shin Hye hit her head as she walked pass by.

“Aish… Jinjaaaaa! Eonnieee….” She squeeled at Shin Hye who was walking at a faster pace than hers. She massaged her head and tried to catch up. “Eonnie… Why did you hit my head?” She bugged Shin Hye as she caught up with her.

“You were being lazy by yawning early in the morning. Young people like you shouldn’t be like that. You should have more energy than us.” Shin Hye answered cooly as she kept her eyes straight forward.

*Phone ringing*

“Eo?” She looked at her phone and saw Min Ho’s name for a video call. She was hesitant to answer because she was scared it would affect Shin Hye but after thinking for a few seconds, she answered it anyway. It could be important.

“Yobuseyo?” She said when she saw her brother’s handsome face beaming on the screen. “Oppa!”

Shin Hye heard Yu Bi answered her call. Shin Hye felt that her heart had stopped but then she reminded herself that to Min Ho, she was just a stranger or a family friend. She told herself to remain calm and act as if nothing had happened. She tried to walk faster than Yu Bi so that she could settle down and forget the memories raced through her head.

“Yah! Odiyaaa?” Min Ho scolded his sister.

“Chega… Chega… I’m in Jeju Island. Didn’t Eomma tell you?” Yu Bi asked confused.

“Ani… She didn’t mention about you once at all. What did you do to receive such ‘royal treatment’?” He snickered.

“Aish… Chamna… What do you mean? I asked to move here. The boys are way cuter and at original form than in Seoul.” Yu Bi tried to cover herself.

“Yeah right! If you’re staying in a remote Island I would believe it. Jeju is like a second Seoul! I lived 11 years ealier than you do.” Min Ho booed his sister.

“Fine! I was caught having a fake ID to enter that famous Ibiza club in Myeongdong.” She confessed.

“That’s more like it.” Min Ho said satisfied. “Min Ha misses you.” Min Ho then directed his phone camera to Min Ha who was busy eating her breakfast. “Min Ha-yah… Greet Gomo!” Min Ho instructed. Min Ha immediately stopped eating and gulped the piece of food she had in .

“Gomoo Anyeonghaseyo!” Min Ha waved at her excitedly. “Where are you? I miss you very much.” Min Ha confessed. “I have no friend at home.” She pouted cutely.

“JInja? How about helmoni? Haraboji? Your appa?” Yu Bi asked playfully. Min Ha kept on shaking her head to the mention of her helmoni and haraboji and nodded when Yu Bi mentioned her dad. “That new aunty?” She didn’t want to say Eun Hye’s name as she was afraid Shin Hye might heard it.

“She is boring!”Min Ha protested as she folded her arms and shook her head adamantly. Yu Bi laughed out loud.

As it was a few metres away from school, Shin Hye was stopped by several students who happened to be Yu Bi’s clasmates asking about their after school activity. Yu Bi thought of deliberately putting her on the phone. “Min Ha-yah, do you want to see Gomo’s favourite teacher and my friend?” At that time Min Ho was also in the screen to look at his sister’s surrounding.

“Yeah!” Min Ha squeeled.

Yu Bi came closer and then put her hand around Shin Hye’s shoulder while she was explaining to Yu Bi’s frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter