Nice to meet you again... or so...

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yu Bi left her flat earlier than Shin Hye did and Kwang Soo picked her up to bring her to her brother’s suite before they headed to their dinner date.

“Oppa! Where do you plan to go?” Yu Bi asked after she fastened her seatbelt once she entered her brother’s car.

“Wherever you want to go. I don’t really know this place much but I’d love to navigate it.” Min Ho replied.

“Hmmm….” The scheming Yu Bi pretended to think. “How about this very famous friend chicken place down town?” She pretended to suggest.

“Sounds good to me.” Min Ho said. “What’s the name of the place?” He pushed the navigator button to enter the name of the restaurant to guide them.

“Lemme type it Oppa.” She said eagerly that her plan is about to be successful.

“Eonnie, Mianheyo… I know you are so going to kill me later on but I think you two need to get back together.”  Yu Bi thought to herself as she pushed the words into the navigator system. “There!” She said.

When they reached the area, Shin Hye saw her sister-in-law waiting for Kang Seonsengnim outside the restaurant with her hand folded wearing a vintage looking cream blouse with her hair tied up. “Jinja… She should really stay off that stupid thick red-rimmed glasses.” Yu Bi whispered.

“Eo?” Min Ho asked as he made a turn.

“Ani… We should try to park over that area probably.” Yu Bi pointed out an area which was a bit far from the restaurant area to avoid from Shin Hye detecting them.

Min Ho went to park where Yu Bi told him to and as he was about to switch off the car engine, he received a call from Kwang Soo who was probably having a question about Min Ha.

“Chakaman…” Min Ho said before he answered.

“Oppa, meet me at the restaurant, I just remembered I need to get something.” Yu Bi instructed.

“All right then, “ Min Ho agreed.

Yu Bi deliberately chose a shop nearby where she could still observe Min Ho and Shin Hye from outside the shop.

“Where’s Oppa?” Yu Bi said as she looked outside the window and at times pretending to look for things over the place.

She saw Kang seonsengnim waving and running baby steps towards Shin Hye.

“Andweeee….” Yu Bi squeeled softly as she saw both of So Ra and Shin Hye happily entered the restaurant. “Aishhh… Jinja! What’s taking oppa too long?” She checked her phone to see if there were any messages from Min Ho.

*********

“Hmm… Where is that woman?” Shin Hye whispered to herself as she checked her watch to see what time it was. Two men who were probably waiting for their dates outside the restaurant were checking out Shin Hye but they immediately turned their attention to their phones after checking her out as Shin Hye didn’t seem to be bothered by them.

“Shin Hye yahhh….” Shin Hye heard her name being called by a familiar voice. She turned to see So Ra running baby steps towards her.

“Hey, whoaaa…. Slow down…” Shin Hye said as she backed up two to three steps behind to give space for So Ra to stop. “Where’s the fire?”

“Mianhe I was late.” So Ra said huffing and puffing.

“Gwenchana… Let’s go in. I am starving.” Shin Hye linked her arm with So Ra.

The place was almost pack with people and the aroma of friend chicken filled the room. Both of them inhaled in deeply as they waited for the waiter to come and take their order.

“Crazy! The smell alone is making my mouth waters!” So Ra said as she looked around. “Eo?” So Ra was narrowing her eyes at someone across the room, “Yah! Shin Hye…” She waved for Shin Hye to come closer to her.

“Wae?” Shin Hye asked.

“There… behind you… That man… He looks familiar….” Shin Hye was about to turn around. “No! Don’t turn!” So Ra ordered. She looked through her purse. “Aigooo! Here! There’s a pen mark on your forehead.” She pretended to say as if the man behind Shin Hye would hear her.

Rolling her eyes, Shin Hye took the mirror and pretended to check her forehead and saw a man who looked strikingly similar to Park Hae JIn behind her but the difference was that, he was more fashionable and sharp-looking with a different hairstyle. Shin Hye returned the mirror to So Ra, “Yeap… They look similar but this one is definitely not him.”

“If only! I, myself would oogle him non-stop!” So Ra joked.

“I am not surprise if it is you.” Shin Hye pointed out.

“Ouch… That hurts chingu!”Both of them laughed.

 

“Hm… Is Shin Hye meeting another man? Why is she fixing her hair. She looks fine just the way she is…” Park Hae JIn whispered. He pretended to watch news on his tablet which he placed on his table where he could also have a view of his two colleagues.

Several single women and even those with their partners could not escape from staring at his very handsome and sharp look. Once in a while, when he met their gaze he would give them a dashing smile to satisfy their curiosity.

But the woman that he was targeting didn’t even bother to have a look at his dashing look, instead, her friend, Kang So Ra couldn’t even take her eyes from him which made him a tad uncomfortable. She would sent him a smile and a little wave and all Park Hae JIn could do was nodded at her to acknowledge her presence.

“Yah! Stop flirting.” Shin Hye said as she flipped through the book that she brought to read while waiting for their turn to be attended to.

“Ani… I was just trying to ensure that it was really not him,” So Ra smiled sheepishly.

Shin Hye rolled her eyes at So Ra. “Jinja… You are seconds away from leaping seats!” Shin Hye pointed out and So Ra just stuck her tongue out hating the fact how precise her best friend could be in describing her.  

“Yah! Where is the waiter?” So Ra tried to change subject. “Yogiyo… Yo.. Yogi… Huh?” So Ra eyes widened and she was frozen with wide open as her head followed to where the person that startled her was moving to. Her hand reached out for Shin Hye.

“Waeee?” Shin Hye wasn’t even bothered.

“Yah!” So Ra closed Shin Hye book to catch her attention which she managed to do so.

“Waeee?” Shin Hye looked annoyed.

“Look…” So Ra pointed out.

Shin Hye turned to where So Ra pointed out non-chalantly and when she saw who So Ra meant, Shin Hye’s eyes widened in disbelief of who she saw just walked in. “Ottokeee…?” Uttered Shin Hye unconsciously. Min Ho settled at the far end seat and looked around for a bit.

A few of the ladies looked and stared at Min Ho admiring how dashing he looked but Min Ho remained oblivious to them as he had little interest to flirt nor look around.

So Ra quickly lowered herself as if she almost sunk into the seat.  Her eyes darted from left to right.  Shin Hye did the similar thing. "Yah… what are we going to doooooo?" Shin Hye whispered.  "Why is he here?"

 

Park Hae Jin saw the two women's reaction from a far when Min ho walked in. He himself also had a shocker of his life to see him. "Min Ho?" He wondered, what was the connection between Min Ho and the two women. "Igiboya…" He whispered to himself as he ate the pickle in front of him and continued to observe Shin Hye and So Ra.

 

Yu Bi observed Shin Hye's reaction and So Ra's reaction from outside the restaurant when her brother entered. She chuckled a little bit as she found it funny and enjoyed the entertainment she had concocted with her fickle mind.

 

"Let's just get out of here!" Shin Hye suggested.

 

"What! We just got here." So Ra protested.

 

"Ara… We can go to other place!" Shin Hye said.

 

"What if he recognizes you?" So Ra wondered.

 

"Ani… He won't recognize me." Shin Hye reminded So Ra.

 

"Ah… Yes… But he might recognize me," So Ra pointed out.

 

"We'll take the chance." Shin Hye persuaded her.

 

"Aishhh Jinja!" So Ra was mad. "The chicken here is really gooooddd…" She pointed out. She grabbed her bag and stood up and Shin Hye did the same thing.

 

As both of them tried their hardest to remain unnoticed. Yu Bi was not going to let the chance to pass, she deliberately entered and walked the same path as her teachers who was not aware of her fast approaching them. "Seonsengnim…" She deliberately greeted with high pitch. "What a coincidence!" She widened her eyes and her grin. Min Ho heard and saw Yu Bi  talking to two ladies who seemed to be of her acquaintances.

 

Min Ho stood up and walked towards them.

 

"Yah! You're so dead!" Shin Hye whispered with her eyes wide as well in fear as Min Ho was closing in his approach. Yu Bi winked at her.

 “I’ll take my chances.” Yu Bi whispered and when Min Ho came closer she just smiled at the two very nervous ladies who tried hard to hide their face by looking at the floor.

 

"Is everything alright here?" He asked Yu Bi.

 

"Oppa… These are my teachers." Yu Bi introduced.

 

"Oh… Annyeon hasimnikka seonsengnim." Min Ho bowed.

 

"Ah… Neh… Annyeon hasimnikka…" Both of them greeted Min H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter