The life I have now...

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already one in the morning, Shin Hye remained not sleepy as she marked through her students work. She needed to give them feedback for the next day so that they would be aware of their mistakes and learnt from it. Her dedication to help her students improve could be proven to the amount of work she made them do. Her students would have their final year and she wanted them to be successful. 

Yu Bi was already snoring on the sofa right in front of Shin Hye. Shin Hye felt bothered as her snore was getting louder and took her focus away. She took a pen from her pencil case and threw it at Yu Bi which hit right on her forehead.

“No Sem… My cat ate the paper.” Yu Bi startled as she sat up and massaged her forehead.

“Seriously! That’s what you have been trying to tell your teacher?” Shin Hye asked sarcastically as she continued marking her paper.

“Yah! Eonnieeeee….” Yu Bi squeeled out loud when she found out that she was awakened from her beauty sleep by Shin Hye.

“This Agassi… Go sleep in the room!” Shin Hye instructed.

Yu Bi stood up protesting and stormed into Shin Hye’s room as she shut the door loudly.

“Aish…. I am so going to be deaf by this young girl.” Shin Hye ranted as she continued marking her students’ work.

************************

“Park Seonsengnim, Good morning.” Greeted  Kang Seonsengnim. Shin Hye turned to Kang So Ra, a Biology teacher in her school and smiled as she greeted back. “Whoaaa.. What’s that?” So Ra asked as she pointed at something on Shin Hye’s face. “Are those eye bags?”

“Aish… I thought it could be something else.” Shin Hye said annoyed by So Ra’s sharp eyes on detecting her facial flaw.

“I told you it’s not worth marking these kids work overnight. They won’t bother.” So Ra said as she flopped on to her chair and placed down a cup of coffee for Shin Hye. “Here! Every teacher’s cure.” She told Shin Hye to drink.

“Gomawo!” Shin Hye said thankfully as she sipped the coffee. “I had to mark anyway as I need to push them for the next exam. They all dreamed of wanting to go abroad but their English Language needs help more than you think.” Shin Hye said as she was jotting down mistakes that she wanted to pin point in her class later.

“By the way, Lee Yu Bi did not hand in her assignment again.” So Ra complaint.

“Aish… That youja jinjaaaa! Last night, she was sleeping late watching EXO’s concert replay on tv. When I threw a pen that hit on her forehead she woke up mumbling that the cat ate her homework.” Shin Hye told So Ra.

“Hm… It must have been hard for you?” So Ra asked seriously.

“Wae ?” Shin Hye Asked back as she was still busying herself jotting down things she would like to discuss with her students.

“Living with Agassi when you are not married together anymore.” So Ra braven herself to bring up the topic.

“It’s been 4 years. I’d like to move on.” Shin Hye reminded So Ra.

“I don’t understand why Yu Bi have to live with you?” So Ra asked. “That brat must be doing something really bad to be exiled way over this teeny tiny island.”

“I don’t know but what’s for sure is, it’s a way for me to meet my daughter.” Shin Hye told So Ra.

“How’s Min Ha doing?” So Ra asked. “How old is she now?”

“Turning seven.” Shin Hye answered shortly.

“Does she remember you?” So Ra asked.

Shin Hye put down her pen.  She took a sip of her coffee and leaned back.

“The last time I saw her, she remembered me as a family’s friend.” She told So Ra. Shin Hye was saved by the bell. “That’s it! Time to take class roll.” She took her papers with her and left.

“Annyeonhaseyo Park Seon…” Greeted Park Hae Jin, the art teacher of their school but Shin Hye just walked past him as if wind just greeted her. So Ra felt bad seeing that she gave Hae Jin a sympathetic smile.

“She’s in a hurry.” So Ra reasoned with him and walked out of the teacher’s room to head to her class as well.

“Good Morning Miss Park.” The students greeted her as she entered.

Hae Jin happened to be the school’s discipline master and was doing his round. He couldn’t help but walked slowly past by her class. Shin Hye had been taking his attention lately. He never noticed her before, she came to his school four years ago to fill in the teaching position of English Language class. 

He remembered when she first came to the school. Kids were saying how they were in disbelief that she was from the capital city Seoul as she looked very conservative and not modern unlike the friend who came along with her to transfer and filling in the Biology teaching position, Kang So Ra who spelt fashion right from the top to bottom.

Two of them came down to the land of Jeju for different reason. Shin Hye apparently needed a change from the city life but So Ra was in to look for a handsome and rich husband which she literally told every student in her c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter