Take me back....

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night Shin Hye was not able to sleep as she toasted from left to right thinking of the offer that Min Ho had conveyed earlier that day. She smiled thinking of how it had been such a long time for her to feel the love and being one family again. She hugged her pillow smiling reminiscing. She reached out for her phone and went into the picture gallery as she scrolled through looking of the pictures she had taken. As she scrolled through, she thanked God for the golden opportunity she had been given.

“Should I take the offer?” She furrowed her eyebrows thinking hard as one of her hand held her forehead. “I think I better discuss it with So Ra.”

As she was about to text So Ra, she heard a beep, it was a text from Park Hae Jin.

“Eo? Park seonsengnim?” Shin Hye wondered. She clicked on to it.

HJ: Annyeong haseyo Park Seonsengnim. How have you been?

On the other end of the line, a nervous man awaiting for the reply. “It’s too late to regret now.” He told himself. Park Hae Jin paced around his large room. He had no idea what had happened the night when Park Shin Hye and Kang So Ra disappeared from the chicken restaurant. He was also curious about the sudden appearance of Lee Min Ho and to add to his surprise that he was accompanied by one of their students, Lee Yu Bi. After ten minutes of holding to his anxiety he heard a beep.

SH: Annyeong haseyo Park seonsengnim. I have been very well, thank you for asking.

He read that and his face turned red just thinking of her. “Aish… Didn’t she know that she was supposed to ask me how I was doing as well?” He said frustratingly as at that moment, he would have to think of other reasons why he contacted her. “Hmm…” He uttered as he looked through his work desk for anything that can be an excused to see her during the long school vacation. He then remembered that he was supposed to look for a partner to chaperon the students who were chosen for the National bell challenge competition. He had a sly smile on his face. “Thank youuu God!” He shouted in excitement.

PHJ: Are you on leave going somewhere? There’s this new project that you and I have to handle.

After finishing texting that, Hae Jin smiled happily.

SH: Currently I am still in the Island but I do have a memorial service to run for my mother the next two weeks.

PHJ: Can we see each other tomorrow?

SH: Sure, school?

PHJ: How about at a café? Is that okay? Coz the principal said the school is doing maintenance.

SH: Just tell me the name of the place.

 

Shin Hye didn’t feel anything weird as she thought it was involving her job. Although, she hesitated the idea of having to work with a male colleague but she knew she just had to get it done. She then texted Kang So Ra.

SH: What are you up to?

SR: Watching tv.

SH: Have you subscribed to Yu Bi’s fan club?

SR: Ha Ha! Funny like always  :P There’s this interesting show about beauty.

SH: I wonder why you even wanted to be a teacher.

SR: Funny you should ask that, beauty is important for us women. Anyway, what’s up? You rarely text me first.

SH: Well, I need to talk to you. I’ll call you up.

Shin Hye then dialled So Ra’s number.

“Yes, my dearest…” So Ra answered and Shin Hye could hear the background of a tv personnel talking.

“Guess who I spent time today with?” Shin Hye asked.

“You told me. It’s your daughter.” So Ra said flatly as it was barely an exciting news for her by then.

“And Him.” Shin Hye added.

Shin Hye could hear So Ra switched off her television immediately, “Spill!” She said and Shin Hye could hear the hint of excitement in it.

“He suddenly appeared and joined us.” Shin Hye inhaled deeply.

“Andddd? Andddd?” So Ra asked impatiently.

“He made me an offer…” Shin Hye told her.

“Offer?” So Ra sounded confused. “What sort of offer are you talking about?” She asked. “Wait! Does he remember already?”

“Ani… He still doesn’t remember but he is flirting with me.”Shin Hye somehow felt sad that she felt cheated by him.

“Hey… Don’t be sad… He flirted with you anyway… It’s meant to be.” So Ra tried to console.

“Ara… But… It felt like he had moved on.” Shin Hye said sadly.

“Maybe you need to find out more as to why?” So Ra advised.

“Maybe you are right.” Shin Hye agreed.

“So what was the offer about?” So Ra asked to refocus on Shin Hye’s earlier statement.

“He wanted to pay me to spend time with Min Ha,” Shin Hye finally told her.

“So?”  So Ra fished more.

“I am divided.” Shin Hye voiced out her thoughts.

“Wae?” So Ra asked curiously

“It doesn’t feel right.” Shin Hye uttered.

“What doesn’t feel right?” So Ra voice went higher.

“That he asked me to do this.” Shin Hye pointed out

“What was his reason?” So Ra asked curiously.

“He said he wanted to make Min Ha happier.” Shin Hye said softly.

“Just do it. When are you going to have this offer again anyway? Maybe this is God’s given chance for you to make him remember.”

“Hm… I felt much better talking to you.” Shin Hye admitted to her best friend.

“You do know I am a beauty with brain!” So Ra exclaimed proudly and Shin Hye giggled. “I am serious here!”

“Ara… Ara… I do agree. By the way, are you free tomorrow? I have a meeting with Park seonsengnim.”Shin Hye asked.

“I am free like a bird. There are no men in this island that interest me. I wish that Park seonsengnim look alike would be around tomorrow. I’ll swing by your place early tomorrow. We have so much to talk about.” So Ra ended the call. Finally, Shin Hye could close her eyes after talking it out with her best friend.

***********

“Oppa! What’s with the smile?” Yu Bi asked as she saw Min Ho smiling all by himself at his work area. In fact, after they last departed with Shin Hye, she observed how over the moon her brother had been.

“Wae? Is it wrong for me to smile?” He asked his sister back.

“Nope! Not a crime but I am curious though. I know you are a cool person but I haven’t seen you like this. Glowing with happiness. “ Yu Bi pointed out.

“Really?” He put his pen down and looked at his sister still smiling.

“Really!” Yu Bi said. “You must really like Hwang seonsengnim so much.” Yu Bi smiled.

“I don’t know… I am finding myself unable to pass a day nowadays without having her in my mind. But at the same time, guilt crept in as if I am cheating towards…” Min Ho stopped as he could not bring himself to say it. “but somehow.. I thought I wouldn’t feel this way about any other women.”

“What if she is not just any other women? What if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter