That forbidden person...

Here without you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Gi waved his friends good bye, he then turned around towards his home. He hesitantly walked to a massive mansion which he deemed as his home for the last 17 years.

“Dorreyonim, you are back?” Asked his butler as he entered the mansion.

He just grunted and headed to his bed. He flung his bag to the side of his study table and jumped to his bed with the energy drink on his hand still. He re-read the note that Shin Hye stuck on the energy drink. He pondered a little bit of Shin Hye, he kept on wondering how she got back to him and why she would still care buying them drinks when they received the punishment they deserved.

He stood up and placed the energy drink neatly on his study table. He then, took off his school clothing and grabbed his bathrobe and headed to shower.

**********************************

As Shin Hye entered her small apartment, Yu Bi greeted her with a burnt smell coming from the kitchen.

“Eonniee!!! I….” Before Yu Bi finished informing Shin Hye. Shin Hye instinct was to immediately threw her things aside and ran to the kitchen to check for any fire. “.. cook for us.” She turned to follow Shin Hye’s lead.

Shin Hye saw a burnt chicken thighs on the pan and immediately turned off the gas and opened the kitchen window.

“Tadaaa….” Yu Bi said proudly and cluelessly. “Presenting…”

“Burnt chicken?” Shin Hye folded her hands as she pointed out what was wrong in the kitchen.

“But the recipe said….” Yu Bi immediately referred to the recipe she printed out and stuck on the fridge. “When you fry them.. till… brown…” She then turned to face the burnt chicken. “It is brown.” She stated out.

Shin Hye rolled her eyes and pointed with her index finger the word ‘golden’. Yu Bi immediately frowned. “I was going to do something good for you.” Her shoulders slumped and she took the apron away as she walked into their bedroom. Shin Hye felt a tad sympathetic. There were so many reasons that she should have hated Yu Bi but she needed to also realize that Yu Bi was an adolescent young woman who grew up in a family that prioritize wealth and status rather than individuality.

Shin Hye stared at the burnt chicken thighs. She took the apron that Yu Bi put aside and started to salvage the burnt chicken. She scraped off the burnt part and took the flesh that was not affected badly and put them aside. She then, checked the rice cooker and found that Yu Bi cooked them beautifully and smiled appreciatively. Shin Hye went to the crisper of the fridge and gathered vegetables that would go well with her fried rice and prepared two eggs to add to it.

When she finished cooking, she went to the bedroom. Yu Bi was on the bed checking her phone and she seemed to be browsing through the internet as well.

“Yu Bi. Let’s eat.” Shin Hye called out cooly.

Yu Bi pouted as she sat up and she put her phone on the bed as she went out to follow Shin Hye.

She saw deliciously laid out fried rice on her table and sat down across Shin Hye. Since Yu Bi started staying with Shin Hye two months ago, she had grown accustom to Shin Hye’s habit and one of them is praying before eating which was largely missing in her family dinner time. Most of the time would be just her and her niece, which was Shin Hye’s daughter, Lee Min Ha.

Yu Bi took a bite of the fried rice, her eyes widened with excitement as she looked at Shin Hye who remained indifferent. Shin Hye just blinked her eyes at Yu Bi and continue eating her food.

“Eonnie… this is…. Oh my…” Yu Bi retorted passionately. “Oh my… this is so delicious. The chicken bits are so tasty! Yummm….” Yu Bi ate ravenously as she enjoyed every bite of it. Shin Hye looked at Yu Bi enjoying her fried rice which made her wish deep inside that she could do the same for her Min Ha.

"I used your burnt chicken. So, you partially cooked it." Shin Hye told Yu Bi cooly. Yu Bi smiled happily at her as she continued to savour the delicious fried rice.

**********************************************************8

“Lee Min Ha!” A loud booming voice of an adult male filled the huge mansion. Min Ha ignored her name being called and continue to hide under the bed with her barbie doll as she kept of caressing the hair of her doll.

“Dorreyonim, I think she is in her room.” The butler told Min Ho who was holding his daughter’s report card.

“Has she eaten yet?” He asked his butler sternly.

“She refused to eat since Agassi is not around to accompany her.”
The butler reported.

Min Ho kept quiet for a bit thinking about his younger sister being exiled away for making their hard-headed mother angry. He exhaled and walked to Min Ha’s room. When he reached her front door, he scoffed when he saw a message his daughter left him stuck on the door.

“Min Ha is out in the candy land. She is not in her room.” Min Ho had to hold his laughter with his daughter’s cute rebel. He slowly walked into her room and noticed her absence. But for a far, he could see a silhouette of his daughter underneath her princess bed obviously pretending to be in her candy land.

“Aigoo… My daughter is not here? Ottoke?” He walked slowly towards her bed. He pretended to sound very sad about her absence.

Min Ho did not budge but listened intently to what her father was saying. “Hm… I really miss my daughter. Should I just go to the park by myself?” He tried to trick her but to no avail she did not move. “Hmm… maybe buy myself an ice-cream, candies… Chocolates…” As he was about to move down to his imaginary lists of sweets, he felt a little hand tugged his ankles. He smiled but he knew he had to pretend further to get back to his girl. He gasped out loud in fear. When he felt she retracted her hands, he rolled on the floor and pushed himself backward towards the wall with fear on his face. “What’s that? Is it a ghost of a little girl?” He questioned.

Min Ha was convinced by her father’s act thinking there might be a ghost in the room for real, she quickly crawled out of under her bed and ran to her father who was pretending to scream in fear.

“Appa… It’s me…” She tried to take off Min Ho’s hands which were covering his face. “Appa….” Min Ha started to cry.

Min Ho slowly peeked through his fingers and had a smile on his face when he saw Min Ha in frantic trying to convince him that it was her. “It is my daughter.” Min Ho smiled and hugged her tightly. “Why did you hid under the bed?” Min Ho asked as he seated her on his lap.

“I was scared at you.” She answered softly with the little barbie doll in her hand.

“Why are you scared at me?” He pretended to wonder.

“My report card is in…” She squeaked timidly.

“And….” Min Ho tried to coerce her answer as he looked at his beautiful daughter who avoided his gaze by caressing her doll.

“I didn’t do well in my English subject,” She answered finally.

“Can you tell Appa why?” Min Ho wanted his daughter to have a self-realization of her result.

“It’s hard.” Min Ha answered.

“Why do you find it hard?” Min Ho continued to ask her.

Min Ha shrugged and finally uttered, “Gomo is not here. I miss her. She usually revise with me.” Min Ha said sadly. Min Ho felt sad looking how lonely her daughter was. He felt it too. At times, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter