I'm With You

Something only we know.

Present Day.

 

When I park the car I look myself in the mirror. I can’t recognize myself.  Lately I think a better version of me is been living in the world.  The Im Yoona I used to be, I loved that girl but I had to let her go because that Yoona made you suffer, and though this new Yoona is making suffer someone else, at least its been true to herself.

 

I take out my phone and call you.

 

“Hello?”  You voice is pure music; my heart beats to its rythm.  I don’t even know when I started to believe in love.  All I know is you warned me so many times I was going to end up like this. 

 

“It’s me” I shyly say.

 

“I know”

 

“Are you in your apartment?”

 

“Depends, are you bringing good news”

 

“Depends, are you there?”

 

“Haha, yes I am here.  I would cheat and lie and steal but now I’ll stay at home and kneel for you.  I never win against you.”  But that’s not true; you always win.  You used to say soulmates were meant to be, and we were special, so I had no choice but to fall in love with you.

 

February 2012.

 

“He’s gone, he has disappeared from my life.  Well, not completely.  He is there whenever I need him, but I haven’t seen his face in a while” Yoona answered when Sooyoung asked about TOP.

 

“Then, how about Jonghyun? You seem really happy”  Sooyoung tried to continue.

 

“I don’t seem happy.  I am happy.  First, it was a bit awkward, but I really. really like Jonghyun.  He is a caring person”

 

“You know? Valentine’s day is coming…”

 

“So? Are you going out with Kyung Ho sunbaenim?”

 

“What?”

 

“Rumours say he is pretending you Unnie”  Sooyoung was blushing.

 

“Well, he hasn’t said anything to me, so I don’t know…but maybe.  I like him, since he is older he takes care of me really well”  Sooyoung said laughing. “Maybe we all shoud go out, you and Jonghyun, Seohyun and Yongwa, me and Kyung Oppa, Taeyeon and Junsu”

 

“Don’t say his name out loud”  Yoona whispered Sooyoung.  “Our big Unnie had a big fight with him yesterday. I was talking to Yoonchun Oppa when he said they were going to be out for Valentine’s day, so I accidentally said it out loud just when Taeyeon was coming to my room.  She immediately took the phone out of my hands and asked to speak with Junsu Oppa, then they started to fight”  Yoona told.

 

“They always fight, and then like magic, whenever they see each other again, they are all lovey-dovey”  Sooyoung said while eating a cookie.

 

“I don’t know, this time Unnie was really mad.  She had planed everything for a romantic dinner.  I think what hurts her the most is that he thinks of his career first” Yoona was talking when her phone started ringing. “It’s Jonghyun”  Yoona said smiling and going out the room.  “Hello?”  She answered playfully.

 

“Hello Yongie.  How is my baby doing this morning?”  Jonghyun answered.

 

“Ugh, what 22 year old woman is considered a baby?”  She joked.

 

“Every woman in a relationship likes to be called like that.  But I forgot you don’t.  My bad.  Gosh, I missed you Yoongie”  Jonghyun said sighing.

 

“I’ve missed you too”

 

“I’ll give you tons of hugs the 14th.  You are going out with me right?”

 

“Mm… I have to check my schedule.  To be honest that day is not really meaningful to me, I would rather see you on your birthday”

 

“But my birthday is until May, and now you have someone to celebrate Valentine’s Day.   Come on, it will be fun.  I promise”

 

“Ok Oppa, I’m going now.  I’ll call you at night”

 

“Bye Yongie”  Yoona was really comfortable with Jonghyun.  Both were good at hiding their feelings.  Yoona never said “I love you” and Jonghyun only said it when they were togheter, so when others listened to their conversations they believed they were only good friends.

 

 

February 14th 2012

 

Everything went exactly like Sooyoung predicted.  Everyone went to have dinner in couples.  Minho from Shinee invited Yuri.  Everybody knew about him having a crush with her.  Lee Jung Suk went as Hyoyeon’s date.  They were really good friends.  Jessica went with her sister.  She rejected all the guys because she wanted to spent time with her sister. Sunny accepted Sungmin’s invitation and Tiffany went with her friend Nichkhun from 2PM. Seohyun of course dated Yonghwa and Sooyoung dated Kyung Ho, Yoona went with Jonghyun and Taeyeon, almost dragged by her members, surprised everyone when she showed up at the dinner with a boy from an upcoming group named EXO, his name was Baekhyun.

 

The plan was to have dinner togheter, to celebrate friendship, and then the couples had other plans.  Yoona and Jonghyun decided to go to CNBlue recording room.  Yuri, Hyoyeon and Sunny togheter with Minho, Jung Suk and Sungmin decided to go to a club.  Jessica and her sister went to their house to rest.  Yonghwa and Seohyun leaved because Yonghwa had prepared a surprise for his girlfriend. Sooyoung and her date went to have coffee to continue talking and Tiffany and Taeyeon went to the movies with Nichkhun and Baekhyun.  

 

When Yoona and Jonghyun arrived to the recording room, it was filled with petals of red roses. The smell was delicious. 

 

“I have a surprise for you.  Please, seat here”  Jonghyun said.  Then entered the recording booth and took out his guitar.  He started to sing:

 

Wise men say only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

 

Yoona smiled and clapped.  This was the first time someone dedicated a song for her.

Jonghyun came out and caressed Yoona’s hair.

 

“Your turn”  He said

 

“What?  Do you want me to sing? Really?”

 

“Yeah, a song to want to sing only to me”  He replied. 

 

Yoona then went into the recording booth and shyly started to sing:

 

Whenever I see you, whenever you smile for me

Little by little, my feelings for you grew

When I think of you now, when I picture you,

my beating heart doesnt know how to stop

I can't hide my feelings anymore

I want to give it all to you

 

 

 

She stopped nerviously and laughed.

 

“Sorry Oppa, this is too funny” Jonghyun then went into the room with Yoona.  He hughed her while looking at her.  Yoona then rested her head over Jonghyun’s shoulders. 

 

“This is the first Valetine’s Day I spent with someone.  I’m happy it’s with you”  Jonghyun said

 

“Guess we are first time of each other.  You are my first boyfriend and also my first Valentine”  They were hughing really tight.

 

After that they decided to go to an art exhibition. The room was filled with beautiful paintings of all themes.  Yoona was really into the art, but Jonghyun was nervous, trying to hold Yoona’s hand.  In one specific canvas Yoona stoped and looked at the painting with great interest.

 

“You like this one?”  Jonghyun asked, looking at the canvas, not really interested. Suddenly a woman came out.

 

“Oo, you have good taste.  This painting is called ‘I will wait’.  The guy who painted this says is specially made for lovers, and people who look at it with great interest are made to be”  The girl, who was working in the art exhibition explained to Jonghyun and Yoona.

 

“So, we are meant to be”  Jonghyun joked, smiling at Yoona, who was still looking at the canvas.

 

“What do you think the story is about?”  The lady asked Yoona.

 

“Well, since the picture is a man in the shadow looking at the moon, for me it feels like he is waiting for something, but if he is waiting he must be sure that ‘something’ is going to come, that’s why he keeps waiting”  Yoona seriously replied.

 

“Funny, a man came before with his date.  He replied exactly the same as you.  As soon as he started to walk he stoped in this canvas, and when I asked him about the painting, he interpreted the same way you did.  He must be still wandering over here, you would recognize him immediately since he has blue hair but still he looks so handsome”  The lady said.  “It would be nice if you two could talk, you probably would have the same taste”  Yoona smiled, and noded, then she continued walking with Jonghyun. When they finished they stopped at the restaurant inside the building.  Yoona received a call from his manager and went outside.

 

“Ok.  Tomorrow at 7:00 am. I got it, now let me enjoy my date please”  Yoona hang up and look at her phone.  She suddenly remembered TOP’s message on New Year, she still had it and whenever she felt lonely she would look at it one more time.

 

“Oh, what a coincidence.  SNSD is in the house”  A masculine voice yelled. Yoona turned around a saw a man with blue hair.

 

“Oppa, what happened to you?  What kind of concept is this?”  Yoona laughed.

 

“Do I seriously look that bad?”  TOP replied, his head.

 

“Of course not, but it’s weird. Don’t worry Oppa, you still look handsome”  Yoona continued laughing, and TOP started to smile.

 

“I forgot how honest you were”  Top said walking slowly torwards Yoona.  “How have you been?  I’ve sent you amazing music.  Have you listened to it?”

 

“Of course I have.  I specially like ‘Starlight’ by Muse, you know my English is not really good but I searched the lyrics and everything, I love it”  The funny thing was that between Yoona and Seunghyun were no awrkward moments.  As soon as they saw each other they talked like they always did, forgetting everything, like best friends who just met after a long time.

 

“That’s one of my favorites too.  Guess we have the same taste”  TOP smiled.

 

“I was talking to my manager.  But you, why are you outside?  It’s freezing here”  Yoona said, and TOP took out his coat and wraped her out.  This kind of attitude torwards her was very normal for Seunghyun.

 

“I came to smoke, but I won’t since you are here”

 

“Wait, I’m having a déjà vu.  Oh, right.  I already took one of your coats.  On your birthday you did the same thing remember?  You are going to end up without coats”

 

“You are the only woman who has a TOP coat”  Yoona suddenly got serious.  As much as she liked TOP she didn’t want him to misunderstood.  She was about to say something when Jonghyun opened the door and saw TOP and Yoona talking, and her covered by another’s man coat.  “Oh, hi!  I was wondering where were you.  Miss Yoona is freezing.  Give her your coat”  TOP said to Jonghyun while he took his coat out of Yoona’s shoulders. Jonghyun took a moment before he understood Seunghyun was actually giving him and order, but he rapidly covered Yoona with his jacket. “How is your Valentine’s Day going?”  Top asked, still smiling.  Both, Yoona and Jonghyun were in shock. 

 

“We just saw the art exhibition”  Jonghyun replied.  “What about you sunbaenim?”

 

“You can call me Hyung, Yoona’s friends are my friends too”  Yoona looked at Seunghyun and smiled.  “Bom told me she talked to you, more specifically that she told you about my unrequited feelings.  First of all, thank you for taking care of Yoona.  You have good references, but if you make her suffer, well, at least a bunch of guys will try to break your neck, so for your own safety don’t be rude”

 

“Would you try to break my neck too…hyung?”

 

“No, I don’t know how to fight, and I’ve heard you’re a karate kid, so no, but still, don’t be rude”  Yoona laughed really hard, as well as Jonghyun.  “Woud you like to have dinner wirh me and my date?”  TOP asked.

 

“Is your date Bom Unnie?”  Yoona asked, trying to be careful to not sound rude.

 

“Haha, mm… no.  It’s ok if you want to spend time togheter.  I understand”  TOP replied.

 

“Well, I shouldn’t be rude torwards a Hyung.  And we haven’t eaten yet, so it’s up to Yongie”  Jonghyun anwered, smiling at Yoona.

 

“I would love to Oppa.  Let’s have a meal between friends”  Yoona said.

 

Yoona, Jonghyun and Seunghyun walked to the restaurant.  TOP went ahead and talked to the person in charge.

 

“Someone is already waiting.  She is abeautiful woman, my date to be honest”  He winked his eye to the waiter, who started to laugh. 

 

“Sure, this way, she is in room no. 7.  Please, follow me”  Yoona was walking when Jonghyun took her hand.  Yoona smiled at him, and then looked at Seunghyun. He turned around and saw the couple holding hands.  TOP just noded.  When they arrived the room a beautiful lady dressed in black was looking at the menu.  When she saw Yoona and Jonghyun the woman rapidly stood up and looked at Seunghyun.

 

“Oma, let me introduce you my friends.  Yoona and Jonghyun.  Guys this is my mother”

Yoona opened and bowed, Jonghyun did the same.

 

“Nice to meet you.  We are Seunghyun’s friends”  Jonghyun said.

 

“Oh, yeah.  Woow, you are really pretty Im Yoona from SNSD”  TOP’s mom complimented Yoona.

 

“Thank you very much, you are absolutely beautiful too.  No wonder our Oppa is so handsome”  Yoona replied, still bowing.

 

“Stop, please and let’s all eat, my stomach is dying” TOP begged, taking the menu and starting to read it.

 

While they were eating TOP’s mother broke the tension.

 

“So, you came with…”

 

“My girlfriend”  Jonghyun said, before TOP’s mother could finish the sentence.  Yoona looked at him in disbelief, it was supposed to be a secret for everyone except their members.

 

“Oh, I see.  I should have come with my boyfriend too instead of my son”  TOP’s mom joked.   Seunghyun and Yoona laughed.

 

“Oma!  This is my price for taking you out?”  TOP complained.

 

“It’s good to spent time with family.  I am going to my house too, to see my father”  Yoona intervene.

 

“But please make sure your car don’t stop in the middle of the highway this time”  Seunghyun said smiling.

 

“How did you know?  That time when you picked me up I don’t remember telling you why I was in the middle of the road at night”  Yoona replied surprised.

 

“Well, I did my research Miss Yoona”  TOP said while drinking his wine.  Jonghyun looked at Yoona waiting for an explanation.

 

“I’ll tell you later.  I am surprised too”  that was the way Yoona answered Jonghyun’s question. 

 

The rest of the dinner TOP’s mom shared stories about him.  Jonghyun and Yoona were smiling, and Seunghyun, even tough he was ashamed he was also spending a good time.  At one point Yoona rested her head on Jonghyun’s shoulder.  He hugged her and rested her arm on Yoona’s shoulder.  Seunghyun looked at them and smiled bitterly, he then noticed his mother was looking at him, worried. Suddenly Jonghyun received a call.  He went out.  Top’s mom excused herself and went to the bathroom.  Yoona and Seunghyun remained alone in the room.

 

“I…”  TOP and Yoona said at the same time, then both smiled.

 

“Did you see the art exhibition?”  Yoona finally asked.

 

“Yeah, I did.  I’m not really into art, but I was thinking about buying this canvas…’I will wait’” Top answered “I will wait… I think it’s a good name”  Yoona remembered she loved that canvas too, but she didn’t say anything. “How about you?  How have you been?”

 

“I’ve been good.  I’m not alone anymore”

 

“But you were never alone, were you?”

 

“I mean, I have a couple now, and it’s interesting to experiment this feelings”

 

“Sure, is this your first relationship?”
 

“It is, is weird and exciting.  Just Fun”

 

“I’m glad to see you happy, but I must warn you, everything has its ups and downs.  Jonghyun seems like a really good guy, but you must know even if he leaves, other people remain.  So you are not alone.  I’m with you”  TOP said, looking straight to Yoona’s eyes.

 

“You disappeared this two months”  Yoona complained.

 

“I never left, I was watching you from outside, because I neded to move on.  I was planning on how to steal you away from Jonghyun, but I realized I can’t because I really like Jonghyun, and I am ready to give you two my blessings, and to let you know that no matter what, I am with you”

 

“Thank you Oppa.  Me too, even if I am not, I’m with you”  Yoona smiled at Seunghyun.