Harvest Moon

Something only we know.

Present Day

 

As I am walking to Yoona’s room Sehun starts to walk beside me.

 

“I never introduced myself.  I know you know me because you saw me with noona a lot of times, but my name is Sehun from EXO.  It’s really  nice to meet you.  I absolutely think CNBlue is a group to learn from.  I know Yonghwa because of Seohyun ssi, so I just wanted to let you know i am a fan of yours”  Sehun said bowing.  Jonghyun looked at him and bowed back.

 

“I guess I was rude.  I didn’t introduce myself neither.  It’s really nice to meet you Sehun, specially because you helped Hyung to see Yoona”

 

“I love Yoona, that’s why I did it.  I know she will get up and the first thing she would wanted to see is her family and TOP sunbaenim. I… don’t know how to explain it, but I Heard once Hyung saying the day he met Yoona was the most important day of his life.  When he said it noona smiled.  She was really happy that day.  I guess I never saw that kind of love again, that’s why I think he is the only one who can make her wake up”  As I listen to Sehun, I just nod and smile at him.

 

December 2012

 

Yoona was trying really hard not to get sleep on the rehersal for Music Bank.  She was tired.  After visiting Sehunghyun she went back to the dorm and took a shower, then slept for 20 minutes as they were heading to the practice buiding.  Her mind and soul were exhausted for trying to act normal when inside she was still worried for TOP.  All of her memebers tried to support her but it was imposible to get a decent rest when their Schedule was so tight.

 

When the show was finally over Yoona was changing herself.  Her phone suddenly started to ring.

 

“Hello?”  Yoona answered.

 

“Hello.  Is this Im Yoona cellphone?”  Someone asked.

 

“Yes”  Yoona was surprised.  Only her closest friends had her cellphone and almost everyone called her manager before calling her.

 

“Hello Miss Yoona.  We are talking from the Hospital where Mr. Choi Seunghyun is.  We just wanted to remind you the visiting hours.  You are programmed to come tomorrow from eight to ten pm.  If you don’t come in those hours then you will not able to see him.  We are really strict about that kind of subject”

 

“Sorry, what? “  Yoona asked confused and excited.

 

“Oh, I thought someone had already told you.  Mr. Choi has improved his condition, so we are letting him see some of the people he cares the most.  He requested to see her mother, Big Bang members and you.  He personally gave us your cellphone and decided the hour in which you could come to see him”  The lady explained.

 

“Oh my.  Sure, I will be there.  I will be there even five minutes before or ten to make sure I don’t miss time.  Thank you very very much.  I will be there tomorrow then.  Can i bring something or… Can i wear a dress or I just need be completely covered?”

 

“I do not know about that Miss Yoona.  Im hanging now”  The lady ended the call and Yoona laughed.  She was really happy.

 

The next day Yoona begged her memebers to let her go and see Seunghyun at night.  Taeyeon was angry. 

 

“Listen Yoona you know I always try to help you and the rest of the members, but I cannot change the fansign we have today.  We all made a pact and decided to put our personal interest aside and our life as idols first.  I am so sorry but if you do this you are taking us into a difficult situation” The leader said.

 

“Wait a minute.  We all decided to always apply democracy too”  Jessica intevined. Taeyeon looked at her and rolled her eyes.  This was not the first time Jessica confronted her.

 

“I think Yoona should go.  After all she is always working, besides she proved to be consistent.  Even though she was not with us she learned the choreography and never made mistakes during live presentations”  Yuri suported her.

 

“I guess we will have to vote then”  Tiffany pointed out.  Those in favor of Yoona going to see Seunghyun raise your hand”  Hyoyeon, Sunny, Jessica, Yuri and Tiffany did. “1,2,3,4,5.  Sorry Taeng, we won by majority”  Taeyeon expresed her disaproval moving her head.

 

“I guess we have to follow the rule of democracy then”  She said and walked out.  Yoona saw her and felt bad.  She always did what her leader considered the best.

 

“It’s ok.  She is just tired and a Little bit stressed.  Now you need to focus on what you are going to wear cause this time Seunghyun is going to be in his five senses”  Jessica told Yoona.

 

“Thank you unnie, you really helped me this time”

 

“Of course.  I would do anything for my lovely donseng”  Jessica said hugging Yoona.

 

“Krystal is so lucky. I wish my sister would be like you”

 

“Don’t say that.  There should be no hard feelings between sisters”

 

“I don’t have bad feelings for her.  I’s just that I cannot talk to her until I make sure Seunghyun is fine.  I bet not even my sister knew the consequences of her actions”

 

“Oh Yongie, do you have someone to take you to the hospital?”  Yuri interrumpted and asked Yoona.

 

“I think I do.  Last time Sehun took me there, so I guess I will ask him again”

 

“That Little boy is so in love with you”  Hyoyeon commented smiling.  Teasing Yoona. The other girls laughed and Yoona threw a pillow to Hyoyeon.

 

As the girls predicted, Sehun immediately accepted Yoona’s request. He went to pick her up at seven.

 

“Noona, now I am driving.  Please take your sit” Sehun said as soon as Yoona opened the drivers seat and found him.

 

“Fine, only because you have done me a lot of favors lately”  Yoona accepted.

 

While Sehun was driving Yoona was wraping a book.

 

“What’s that for?”  Sehun asked.

 

“Nothing, just something I want to share with Seunghyun”  Yoona answered, completely focus on her activity.

 

“I don’t get it.  What’s so great about TOP sunbaenim?  Don’t get me wrong.  He is tall and handsome and everything, but I am sure there is a lot of guys like him”  This time Yoona left what she was doing and looked at Sehun.

 

“To be honest I don’t know.  It’s not about his perfect physic but more how I feel when I am with him.  I guess it’s just he always brings out the best of me.  I have learned a lot just being with him”

 

“So you love him?”

 

“Yes, I love him.  I love Choi Seunghyun”  Yoona was surprised at her own words.  She realized for the first time in her life she was not afraid of showing her feelings.  Sehun looked at her surprised too.  He looked at her like if he didn’t know her, but smiled and noded inmediately.

 

When they arrived the hospital Sehun refused to wait in the car like he had done last time.  Yoona had no chance but to accept he was coming with her, although she warned him to wait outside the room.  Sehun agreed.  He went for something to eat but Yoona continued walking to Seunghyun’s room because she didn’t want to be late.  When Sehun grabbed her candies he saw Yoona standing in the door he felt something was worng.

 

“Hey, what are you…?”  Yoona silenced Sehun puting her finger on his lips.  Sehun asked her what was going on with his eyes. 

 

“Shh”  Yoona indicated him.  Sehun then Heard somone was having a conversation inside the room.

 

“So, yesterday we made you some questions and today we want to see if your answers are the same.  Don’t worry Mr. Choi, its just a test so see is we need to lower you medicine dosis”  A mature voice said.

 

“Sure.  Please begin.  I am waiting for someone”  TOP’s seductive voice replied.

 

“Can you tell us your most precious childhood memory?”

 

“The day I failed my audition. It made me realized if I had enough courage to work for something, eventually I would succed”

 

“Who is your best friend?”

 

“Jiyoung.  Or as people knows him GD.  I am closer to all of YG members.  But especially GD and Bom”

 

“Can you share the most important day of your life?”

 

“The day I met her.  I remember since her debut I was amazed by her beauty.  I guess I never took my crush seriously because one of my friends told me how she had confessed her feelings for him.  I almost forgot everything until Daesung told me he was going to do a TV show with her as a guest.  I asked him so badly to have me as a guest too, even though I never appear on TV.  Unluckily she was guested at a difirent time.  I guess I used to watch her from afar, until that day.  It was just a moment, a simple space of one hour that changed my whole life.   The day I met Im Yoona was the most important day of my life”  Yoona smiled.  She looked at Sehun and smiled.  Sehun looked at her and tried to say something, but even him was spechless. 

 

“I’ll be wating in the TV room”  was the only thing he could whisper.   As Sehun was going the doctor came out.

 

“Oh, you must be Im Yoona.  Plase, come in.  Mr. Choi is waiting for you”  Yoona noded and the first thing she saw once inside was Seunghyun reading the book she had given him last time.   As soon as he saw her he put down the book and kep looking at her.  Yoona felt how every one of her moves was being scanned by TOP.

“So, you decided to start Reading”  She finally said, walking slowly torwards the bed and sitting next to him.  Seunghyun only noded. “Is it good? The book?”
 

“It's strange because sometimes, I read a book, and I think I am the people in the book.   I guess deep inside we are all dreaming of another live to live.  We do not realize our life is magnificent itself.  Thank you for giving me this”  Seunghyun said point at the book, but also at his heart.

 

“So you remember I came before?”

 

“I do.  I can’t remember when you left though”

 

“It’s fine.  As long as you keep improving I think i will be able to come often”

 

“I am so sorry for all of this.  I tried hard to contain myself.  I guess it didn’t work.  It’s just…i can’t control it. I can wake up one day completely down and the feeling won’t go.  I really wish you haven’t see me so weak”

 

“Please, it’s nice to be the strong one in this relationship for once”

 

“Come on, you still have a couple of days to decided if you want this relationship”

 

“You know I made my desicion a long time ago.  I…found something I wanted to share with you.  Lately I’ve been Reading too and I found a book on Seohyun’s shelf. This woman is called Frida Kahlo, and she wrote: ‘Perhaps they are waiting to hear my cries of ‘how much it means to suffer’ with a man like Diego. But I don’t think that the banks of a river suffer by letting it flow’.  Apparently he was a difficult man but she loved him unconditionally. That’s me.  I love you unconditionally.  Every decision that you have made until today made you the person you are now.  And just as you are today I love you.  I don’t plan to change who you are.  I know we all have mistakes but your mistakes make you beautiful for my eyes” Seunghyun looked at her and closely started to kiss her.  Yoona placed her hands on his neck and played with his hair.  WHen they stop Yoona hugh him and rested her head on his shoulder.

 

“I guess the only reason I got better is because you came.  I promisse I will recover soon.  And then go and talk to your sister”  Yoona broke the hug and looked at Seunghyun worried. “Don’t worry.  I just want to talk with her and your father.  I want you and me going out oficially” Yoona smiled. And hugh him one more time. “Yoona, I love you but, can we rest a bit?  My back hurts”  Seunghyun complained after ten minutes of an awkward hugging position.

 

“What? You really are something.  You made come at this hour so I would sleep with you right?”  Yoona asked with a funny face. 

 

“You are a really erted woman.  I think the best thing is to ask for your hand when I go visit your family because I don’t think another man will ask you, especially with that mind.  I am sick, I can’t sleep woth you even if I wanted to!”  TOP yelled.  Yoona laughed. TOP did too. She finally got a laid down next to him.  This time Yoona as using Seunghyun’s arm as a pillow. He was playing with her hair. “The only reason I wanted you to come at this hour is because at this time I get my shower.  If you had come before I would have probably stink like medicine”  He explained Yoona.  She raised her head and gave him another kiss.

 

“You know, last time I sang for you.  Now it’s your turn” .

 

“You really make me do the corniest things” TOP laughed

 

“Hey, I didn’t say that when you asked me”

 

“Because I was sick”

 

“Well, now I am sick... Sick of love”  Yoona and Seunghyun started to laugh. Yoona was really playfun that day.

 

“I guess we have learn about each other”

 

“I guess we have.  Now sing!”

 

“I always think of you when I hear this song.  I know we already have one, but I want you to remember always this moment.  The time we spend togheter and how I used to sing this song for you:

 

Come a little bit closer

Hear what I have to say

Just like children sleepin'

We could dream this night away.

 

But there's a full moon risin'

Let's go dancin' in the light

We know where the music's playin'

Let's go out and feel the night.

 

Because I'm still in love with you

I want to see you dance again

Because I'm still in love with you

On this harvest moon.

 

When we were strangers

I watched you from afar

When we were lovers

I loved you with all my heart.

 

But now it's gettin' late

And the moon is climbin' high

I want to celebrate

See it shinin' in your eye.

 

Because I'm still in love with you

I want to see you dance again

Because I'm still in love with you

On this harvest moon.

 

When Yoona Heard the song she smiled and truly believed in the world  only exist her and Seunghyun.  She now understood the meaning of the lyrics, because even when TOP was just another idol, he had always liked her. But maybe nor Yoona nor Seunghyun knew this song was foretelling about what they were about to live.