Love of my Life

Something only we know.

Present day (January 2013)

 

“Cheers!”  The production staff yelled raising their beers. Yoona was drinking water and Seunghyun, true to his style, wine.  Yoona wanted not to look at him, but she was worried.  She knew he was angry so, though she was trying, her eyes kept coming back to him.  HyunA’s eyes were also focused on Seunghyun. She sat next to him on the table.  Yoona on the other hand maintained her distance and sat on the other side and Seungi sat in front of her. Seunghyun occasionally looked at their direction to see Seunggi offering food or water to Yoona.  Almost at the end of the dinner, when the staff production was starting to leave Seunghyun went to the roof.  Yoona, Seunggi and HyunA kept talking.  

 

“Yah, Yoona, do you think he likes me?”  HyunA asked curious.

 

“What?”  Yoona asked shoked.

 

“Oh, Seunggi sunbaenim is one of the decent men I know, he won’t say anything.  Plus I think is already obvious I like Seunghyun so…”

 

“Actually no, I waesn’t aware, but don’t worry.  My lips are sealed”  Seunggi said while drinking his beer.

 

“I told you I am not that close to Seunghyun. I have no idea if he is interested or not”

 

“Yeah but as my good friend you should help me.  Promisse you will help me.  I heard he is kind of shy so he won’t say anything to me and since you know him from before he might be a little more open with you”  Yoona sighed and drank water again.

 

“I’ll go to the bathroom”  Yoona said and stood up.  She washed her face with water and looked at herself in the mirror when someone grabbed her wrist.  She turned around and saw him.  Yoona didn’t fight.  She let Seunghyun to take her to the roof where he finally let her go and pointed at the sky.

 

“Today is filled with stars I just wanted you to see it… you can go now”  Yoona felt the breeze on her face which was still wet.  She walked to Seunghyun and gave him a back hug.

 

“I hate when you treat me like this” Seunghyun broke the hug.

 

“I hate it more, but right now it doesn’t feel right to hug you”

 

“Why?  I am not lying.  I never told Seunggi he has a chance on me because he has never asked for one, and even if he did I would answer no. It is my right to choose who I want to date and when I am doing it I don’t have to yell the world I am dating”  Yoona was getting mad too.

 

“Guess what Yoona? A girl is telling you she likes your boyfriend and you are doing nothing.  She is asking for your help and you are willing to give it to her, isn’t that lying?”

 

“What?  Do you want me to go there and tell HyunA I won’t help her?  Cause that’s what I was planning to do anyways but you just decided to be mad at me”

 

“I must be crazy.  I got mad withouth a reason.  Do you really think I am blind?  I see the way he looks at you.  I see how he wants to be near to you all the time and I can’t say anything.  But I must be crazy because to you it is the same if HyunA or anybody comes close to me.  You don’t seem so affected”

 

“Are you kidding me?  I didn’t even notice Seunggi was doing all that because I was only looking at you.  Do you think I feel good with myself for not being able to hold your hand if there ins’t a stupid table around? You are so cluless”  Seunghyun sat on the floor and covered his face.  Everytime he was angry with Yoona or someone he really care he would do that instead of yelling.

 

“I don’t want to do this”  Yoona looked at him scared and kneeled.  She huged him and hid his face in her arms.

 

“Love of my life, don’t leave”  Yoona started to cry.  Seunghyun immediately raised his face. 

 

“I won’t Yoona, I won’t leave you.  I still love you” Yoona kept crying.  “Hey, I will stay with you, until I grow older and my hair is all white and you know what?”

 

“What?”  She asked gasping for air.

 

“I will be there at you side to remind you how I still love you”  Yoona smiled a bit.

 

“Why are you crying if you know you and I are going to grow old togheter?”

 

“I know lately I have disappointed you.  I’m maybe not as good as you thought I was and I am afraid because you have taken all my love. If you go I will be empty” Yoona never intended to cry but her tears were uncontainable so Seunghyun hughed her really hard before messing her hair up.

 

“Stop crying please”  Seunghyun asked Yoona.  She only noded and rubbed her already red eyes.  “Let’s go, they probably noticed you are taking a lot of time in the bathroom”  Seunghyun stood up but Yoona pulled his hand.  He looked at her and smiled.  She stood up and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. She kissed him and rested her head on his shoulder.   

 

“Choi Seunghyun, I don’t wanna fight again over this. Why do we have to if you already know you are the love of my life,  because you know it right?  Don’t forget you are my only one.  It really hurts to see a woman trying to take you away from me.  I am jealous but I am not the type of person who can express feelings so easyly”  Yoona whispered.

 

“I know”  Sunghyun said and kissed her nose.  He looked at her and kissed her eyes.  “Your eyes become really red when you cry…and your cheeks are pink too”  He kissed her cheeks.  “Wait, your lips are dry”  He kissed Yoona’s lips so passionately she lost balanance.  He laughed.  Seunghyun took her hands and kissed them too.  “Your hands are cold.

 

“Do you really need to find a reson to kiss me?”

 

“If I don’t I’m afraid I might kiss you everytime”

 

“Ok then… my neck hurts”  TOP smiled.

 

HyunA and Seunggi were waiting for Yoona.

 

“Why do women spend a lo of time on the bathroom?  Is it like a gender thing or something?” Seunggi asked curious.

 

“Well, I don’t know why she is taking so long. I mean, when women go togheter to the bathroom it is reasonable because they might chat or fix their make-up, stuff like that.  But Yoona isn’t even wearing make-up today”

 

“Really?  Woow, she is just that beautiful”  Seunggi said withouth thinking.  HyunA smiled.

 

“You are completely amazed by her, aren’t you?”
 

“I…am.  I just like her.  She has always caught my attention.  No offense but I always thought I wouldn’t go out with an idol girl.  Most seem superficial but I met her when she was doing her debut.  She appeared in a program I was hosting and I saw her talking to a little girl that was left out.  I realized Yoona has this personality that always tries get along well with others.  She has a lot of friends and she is gorgeus inside out”

 

“I am so jealous.  I want him to talk like that about me”  HyunA pointed at Seunghyun who was walking with Yoona, they were laughing.  “Yah, Yoona, we were worried about you” HyunA scolded her.

 

“Sorry, I found Seunghyun and we started to talk”

 

“It’s ok.  I think we should be going now.  It is getting late.  So, do you want me to give you a ride?”  Seunggi asked both Yoona and HyunA.

 

 

 “I’ll give her a ride”  Seunghyun pointed at Yoona.  

 

“Sure?  I don’t mind…”  Seunggi tried to explain but Seunghyun interrupted him.

 

“It’s ok.  We are going on the same direction.  I can give you a ride too HyunA”

 

“Really?  That would be amazing”

 

“Yes, we are all going to the same direction” Seunghyun said.

 

“Then if you take HyunA I can take Yoona.  You must be tired Seunghyun”  Seunggi offered again.

 

“Alright then you take HyunA and I’ll go with Seunghyun ssi” Yoona intervened.

 

“What?” HyunA asked confused.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t understand.  I thought you were saying that Seunghyun ssi would take me and Seunggi ssi would take HyunA”   Yoona innocently said.

 

“Yes, that’s fine with me”  Seunghyun declared.  At the end Seunghyun was driving while taking Yoona’s hand.  She was smiling happily. “Where should I take you?”  Seunghyun asked Yoona.

 

“To our house”  She replied looking at the front.

 

“That’s my house at least you pay me half of what I have invested”  Yoona laughed at Seunghyun comment.

 

“You are so cheap.  You told me before that was my house too”  She pouted.

 

“I said that as a statement.  It is going to be our house…once you marry me”  Yoona turned to face Seunghyun.

 

“I really like that house. I think I have no choice but to marry you”  Seunghyun smiled and messed her hair again. 

 

The next day, when Seunghyun woke up he found Yoona in the kitchen.  He scratched his head and smiled resigned. 

 

“What are you doing cooking monster?”  He asked taking a glass with water.

 

“I have no idea” Seunghyun smiled.

 

“Do you want me to help you?”  He said hugging Yoona from behind and taking her hand in his, he waesn’t wearing his t-shirt. “You have to do it like this”  He said, teaching Yoona how to cut the vegetables.

 

“Stop!  I told you I I feel shivers when you talk like that in my ear”  She said moving.

 

“What can I do?  This is the voice God gave me” 

 

“I know but I am already messing the food and if you talk like that to me withouth clothes on I just…I don’t know” Yoona got red.

 

“Ok ok, sorry.  I will go and take a shower then.  Please continue with your experiment ‘love of my life’”  Seunghyun .  She took the knife and ran after him.  He laughed really hard and went into the bathroom.

 

“Wait and see when you go out Choi Seunghyun”  Yoona yelled smashing the door. Seunghyun felt his heart beating.  He didn’t remember to be this happy in his life.  Of course having a woman like Yoona was already something to die for, but there was something else.  The little jokes he could never share with other person that waesn’t Im Yoona.  The way she always played hard to get and even the fights had meaning cause he had never really cared about consoling someone in his life.  He had never been ashamed, excited, comfortable and awkward in front of a person and all at the same time.  Whenever Yoona was around he felt the urge to protect her, to kiss her, to hug her.  No woman was as hot, beautiful, funny, intelligent and cute as she was, and as time went by Seunghyun fell for her a little more, if that was possible. 

 

 

Frebruary 14th  2015

 

When Valentine’s day came Seunghyun bought a flower.  He called her mother, who was an expert in those kind of things, and asked her about a flower for a girl. 

 

“Is it a friend, a girlfriend or someone you have a crush on?”  Seunghyun’s mom asked when he called.

 

“A girlfriend” Seunghyun replied ashamed. 

 

“Then you should bring her here.  I will cook delicious food for her” Seunghyun's mother said teasing her son.

 

“Aish, this is really embarrassing…but I will do it.  Not this Valentine but I really want to introduce her to you mom” 

 

“Well then, I think a Begonia will be fine. Go with the flourist and ask for a red begonia”

 

“Thank you, you are the best.  Oh, and I will take her home soon, so be prepared”

 

Just as his mother suggested Seunghyun ordered the flower with anticipation and pick it up the 14th.  He was going to see Yoona that day on the set of the movie.  When he arrived everyone was already there.  Seunggi, HyunA and Yoona herself were already dressed and ready to start filming.

 

“Oppa, you are really late.  Hurry”  HyunA said as soon as she saw Seunghyun.  He noded and went direct to get ready.  The four leads worked for three consecutive hours.  Unluckily Seunghyun didn’t have a scene with Yoona that day so he waited until the break to go to his car to bring the flower and walk all the way to Yoona’s dressing room where he knocked the door three times.  He hid his face behind the flowers and just when he heard the door opening he shouted.

 

“Happy Valentine’s day!!”  Seunghyun bowed and smiled but when he took down the flowers he didn’t see Yoona, instead…

 

“Oppa?  Why are you bringing flowers to Yoona?”  HyunA asked confused. At that moment Yoona was arriving to her dressing room and saw Seunghyun standing there with the flowers.  Seunggi arrived two seconds later with a big ornament that had Yoona’s name on it.  Seunghyun turned around and felt everybody gazes.

 

“I.. was.. looking for you.  Someone told me you came to see Yoona so I came to Yoona’s dressing room.  Happy Valentine’s day HyunA”  Seunghyun said giving the flowers to the red hair girl.HyunA smiled excited.

 

“I also wanted to give you this Yoona ssi”  Seunggi said pointing at the big ornament he was holding.  Yoona smiled and noded accepting the flowers.

 

“Thank you”  She said watching HyunA happily hughing her boyfriend.