The Unfinished Story

Something only we know.

Present Day

 

“I’m sorry. I…I guess I’ll have to break that promise”

 

“Is that so?… Well I refuse”

 

“What?” I’m shocked, I was expecting anger coming from you.  Instead I find you looking at me waiting for my answer; arms crossed and your thumb holding your chin.

 

“I’m not willing to lose your friendship.  I made you a promise that I am not going to break, and the fact that my genie can’t make one wish come true, doesn’t mean she has lost her magic.  You will always be my genie Im Yoona”

 

“Ugh, so cheesy” I reply with a disgusting face, and tonight, for the first time, I hear you laughing, with your real, manly laugh.

 

“Now we’re talking.  Right there, that’s the Yoona I know.  Come on, we are still friends”

 

 

 

November 5th    2011

 

“Thank you for coming, you’re indeed my genie” TOP touched Yoona’s face and looked at her. 

 

“Hey, what’s going on?” A girl with red hair asked, running to them, with a furious face.

 

Yoona looked over TOP’s shoulder to find and angry Park Bom coming closer, she then pushed TOP away and bowed to Bom.

 

“Oh, Unie good night” Yoona greet.

 

“I asked what is going on” she said slowly, dragging the words, ignoring Yoona.

 

“Sorry, Unie I was just giving Seunghyun Oppa his present” Yoona bowed again.  She was really ashamed.

 

“Is that so? I thought he was bothering you” Bom replied, still mad.

 

“What? Oh, no, I was just…we were just…” Yoona bit her lips.

 

“We were about to hug Bom” TOP answered tired, like if he had lives that escene a thousand times.

 

“Well, you two can hug inside, this is a public location, someone might see you”

 

“Relax Bomie, go inside, it is my birthday, so if someone sees us, it really wouldn’t matter, cause this is just a birthday hug ok?” TOP put her hands on Bom’s shoulders and looked at her while talking. Yoona was uncomfortable cause they looked like a couple.

 

“ Maybe you two should go inside.  My friend is waiting for me in the car, plus I already gave you your present. Sorry, if you promise to be my friend maybe next year I will give you something better” Yoona said.

 

“Are you not staying? Maybe you can bring your friend” Bom replied

 

“Jonghyun ssi? Yeah sure, he will hate me if I make him go inside.  We are not the kind of people that likes parties, but thank you anyway Unie”

 

“Wait, Jonghyun who? Maybe the guy from CNBlue?” Bom was really curious, and this time TOP felt like he dind’t belong there, so he sent Bom back to the party promising to go inside after saying good-bye to Yoona.  Bom did not protest after hearing Yoona had come with a guy.

 

Once Bom left, TOP accompanied Yoona to her car, they were walking in the cold and TOP was carrying the guitar.

 

“So, you came with Jonghyun from CNBlue?”

 

“Yeap” Yoona was looking at her fingers, trying to decide wether asking or not about TOP’s relation with Bom.

 

“Why?” TOP raised an eyebrown.

 

“We went on a date before I came here, and since we finished our male late, he offered to bring me, cause it might be dangerous for a girl to be alone at night”

 

“What kind of date ends this late? Seriously Miss Yoona, you like to hang around at night right?” Yoona took advantage of that comment.

 

“I bet you and Bom Unie go on dates at this hour”

 

“What? Well… Damn you’re good”

 

“So you two are dating. I knew it, she was so jealous before.  I’m glad I came with Jonghyun, otherwise our meting could have been misunderstood”

 

“I confessed so, you need to tell me, are you dating with the CNBlue guy?”

 

“Hey, his name is Jonghyun, and no, we are just friends, he went to have dinner with me as a present cause I was chosen to be one of the MC’s for this year KBS Awards”

 

“How come I didn’t know about that?”

 

“Well, it’s kind of a secret, so, don’t tell anyone or you’re dead”

 

“My lips are sealed” Top said placing his finger on his lips, as a sign of silence. “I guess you will very busy this days.  If you need something: to talk, to cry, to scream, or just to share your silence with someone, well, you already have my number right?”

 

“Thank you Oppa, I will surely call you, so you have to be available”

 

“I will, for Miss Yoona anything”

 

They continue talking and laughing until they reached the car.  When Jonghyun saw Yoona through the window he rapidly got off the car to meet her.  He also met TOP.

 

“Oh, good night.  My name is Jonghyun, I am the guitarist from a boy band named CNBlue, nice to meet you” Jonghyun was a very polite person, so he bowed and shaked hand with his sunbae.

 

“I know.  Nice to meet you.  Miss Yoona said you are taking her home, so drive carefully” TOP took off his jacket, turned to Yoona and put his jacket on her shoulders. “Do not take this until you reach home, you have to take care of yourself if you want to be the best MC those Awards have ever had”

 

“Aish Oppa, you’re making me blush” TOP and Yoona started to laugh, and Jonghyun felt pain inside.  He tought besides her labelmates, he was the only of his friends who knew about Yoona’s upcoming work as MC, so when he heard TOP talking so comfortably and careless around Yoona made him feel weird, because Jonghyun waesn’t used to be jealous.

 

While driving to her dorm, Yoona was smiling widely.

 

“Jonghyun, you should have seen my performance.  Even I couldn’t believe I didn’t make any mistake.  I think you’re a really good teacher.  Next time let’s get togheter at least two days before.  Maybe, we could even make a duo”

 

“I think you are a good student …so, are you close with TOP sunbaenim?”

 

“Mmm…to be honest, I don’t know.  He is always joking.  He is also a really easygoing person, so I don’t know if he considers me a close friend, but I definitely think he has the potential to be a good friend of mine.  Just like you.  In fact I met you and Oppa the same day, funny ha?”

 

“Yeah. So, the song was for him?” Jonghyun wanted to stop the interrogation, but his lips continued talking.

 

“Yes, he invited me to his party but to be honest, parties make me sleep, I prefer talking to you” Once again Jonghyun fell for those words. How could he not like her?  “But I wanted to give him a present, something that no one could give him, that’s why I asked for your help.  Oo, I remember now, he said he wanted to tell me something important.  Oh no, I have to ask him next time, I don’t like to stay with the intrigue.  By the way, you wanted to tell me something too right? “

 

“Yes, actually…” Jonghyun stoped the car and turned to Yoona, their eyes met.  He could feel the blood burning his cheeks.  He had never been this nervous in his life, but this was it. This was the moment.  Yoona looked at him with curiosity. “Im Yoona, I like you”