What My Heart Wants To Say

Something only we know.

Present Day

Just when Bom starts giving coffee to the boy from EXO Yoona’s family arrives.  Her older sister sees me and waves at me.  For some reason she does not greet TOP with the same enthusiasm.  Her father on the other hand smiles at Seunghyun in the exact moment when the doctor comes out.  The surgery is over.  Jessica finally raises her head while Seohyun stops hugging Yonghwa.  We all make a circle around the doctor.

 

“Nothing is decided yet.  She is fighting hard, she is willing to live and that’s positive”  Seunghyun looks at me happy.

 

“She will make it.  She is coming back, she promised to me.  And Yoona always keeps her word” My hyung says smiling.

 

November 2012

 

“I am so sorry Jonghyun.  I really want to hear what you have to say but I can’t right now”  Yoona said, already walking to the exit of the little room.

 

“Wait, what?”  Jonghyun stood up confused.

 

“I promised to come back.  I need to come back.  He is waiting for me and he already waited too long”  Yoona explained but Jonghyun was still confused so Yoona got closer and caressed his cheeks.  “Don’t stay here cause I won’t be back, but I will call you.  I promise to hear everything you have to say”  That beign said, Yoona walked out of the room and got in her car.  Then she drove all the way to Big Bang’s dormitory.  The time at the exact moment when Yoona rang the bell was 11:30 am. It only took seconds before Seungri opened the door showing a big smile on his face.

 

“Oh, Yongie, do you mind if I call you that way?  Hyung and Yuri noona have talked so much about you I feel like I already now you.  Please, come in.  Hyung is in his bedroom. He kept telling me you were going to come back but since he was really tired I sent him to sleep.  Go”  Yoona was amazed by Seungri’s ability  to make her feel comfortable.  She went into the department and walked torwards Seunghyun bedroom.  Everything was dark.  Yoona got used to the lack of light and could recognize a poster of Big Bang and some other shows where TOP had participated, but her attention was captured by a serie of dolls in TOP’s bedroom.  Yoona looked at them with curiosity and then smiled.  She remembered she once heard he collected that kind of toys.  When Yoona turned around she saw TOP’s shape resting in the bed.  He was completely covered with a blank.  That night was really cold.  Yoona jumped in the bed and gave Seunghyun a back hug.  His first reaction was a slight shake, but Yoona whispered on his ear.

 

“It’s me Tabi Oppa”

 

“Good. I was afraid a thief was trying to steal me” Seunghyun said jocking but serious. “For a moment I thought you might never come back” He finally said.

 

“I wouldn’t.  I promised to you”  Yoona hugged Seunghyun harder.

 

“Yes, but you now know the truth”

 

“Did you know it?”  Yoona asked confused

 

“I just know Jonghyun would never cheat on you.  But you never listened to me, so I insisted for you to talk to him, to realize your mistake even if that means you wouldn’t come back”  Yoona looked at Seunghyun in the dark and sighed.

 

“Choi Seunghyun, you are really the best person I know, and I thank god for putting you in my way. Never in life I will forget your presence; You found me torn apart and you took me back full and complete. It might be a Little late, but this is for you.  Happy birthday” Yoona took out a piece of paper .  TOP took it but did not understand. “This is the only Yoona cupons on earth.  With these you can get what you want as long as it is written”  Yoona said, pointing at the paper.

 

“Ok then, i will use one right now.  Here, this one says a promisse”  Yoona noded. “I want you to promisse that as long as you love me you will come back to me. Always” Yoona noded again.

 

“And you have to promisse that as long as you love me, you will say it.  If one day I wake up and you don’t say it, then is the end.  Cause that means you are no longer in love with me”  TOP turned around and hugged Yoona.  He hid her face between his arms.

 

“Don’t be afraid Yoona, you are safe and sound with me.  I took away your pain and now i will gift you happiness”  Yoona unconsiously kiss TOP on his cheeks. He smiled and kissed her on the neck, then on her lips. While they were kissing Yoona hugged him really hard.

 

“I have to go now!”  She finally released herself frm TOP’s arms.

 

“You always do this to me!” He yelled playfully. “I am really planing to buy a house on the moon so you have to stay with me the whole night”

 

“We already tried that.  It wouldn’t work.  But, if you get a house on the moon then I promisse to walk around holding hands with you”

 

“Let’s go live to the moon then”  Seunghyun said excited, watching how Yoona was getting ready to go back to the idol life.

 

“Let’s go” She answered happy.

 

That same day, at 5:00 am Yoona started to get ready for the photoshoot she dropped the day before.  She worked hard the whole day, until 8:00 pm.  Yoona arrived her dorm around 9:15 pm and the first thing she did was going straight to her bed.  She was falling asleep when someone shook her shoulders.

 

“Honey, wake up. Is Jonghyun.  He is outside.  He came with Yonghwa.  I told him you wouldn’t see him but he insisted to ask you.  He said you talked to him yesterday”  Yuri said really low, like if she wouldn’t want to wake her friend up. Yoona moan, and slowly opened her eyes.

 

“Yes, tell him to come in please.  We need to talk”  Yuri was surprised.  She only noded and five minutes later Jonghyun was in the room Yuri and Yoona shared. “Hello.  I am so sorry but i was sleeping already, i had a busy day”  Yoona greeted Jonghyun.  Yoona realized the bad condition of her exboyfriend.  He was too skiny and looked tired.

 

“You said you were going to call me but since you didn’t i got worry, then when Yonghwa said he was coming to see Seohyun I thought it might be a good idea to come and talk to you”  Jonghyun said ashamed.

 

“Definetely.  I am sorry, i guess I was just too tired, but you are right we need to talk”

 

“I guess i am no longer a good guest in this house.  The way Hyoyeon looked at me.  She was realle pissed when you accepted to talk to me”

 

“Well, you need to understand that just like me, Hyo unnie only knows one versión of the story.  But you are here to tell me what really happened, and i promisse this time I will only believe what you say”  When Yoona stared at Jonghyun waiting for his explanation Jonghyun’s face got red.  He still loved her, having her so close but yet so far was painful.  He was usually a strong and quiet man, but around Yoona he was vulnerable.  Jonghyun was preparing to tell the story exactly as it happened the day of Yoona’s birthday.

 

“That night I prepared a room full of candles for…”

 

“MISS YOONA, YOU INCREDIBLE HANDSOME CANDIDATE IS HERE”  TOP yelled opening the bedroom’s door and also interrumpting Jonghyun.  Yoona stood up from her bed having no idea fo what to do. “Oh, Jonghyun you are here.  Tiffany didn’t say anything” Seunghyun said confused.

 

“Well, that’s because unnie has just arrive like you” Yoona finally said, inviting TOP inside.

 

“Seems like you two are talking about something important.  I just wanted to give you something Yongie”  TOP pointed at a blue box with the shape of a moon.

 

“No, I am the third Wheel here”Jonghyun said. “I just… It feels weird.  Are you two dating? Sorry, this is not of bussiness, but yet…Oh my god” He couldn’t speak anymore.

 

“Jonghyun, wait.  What is happening between Seunghyun and I, I can’t explain it, but you deserve to know that I love…” 

 

“STOP! Just give me a chance.  Give me a chance to explain myself,  a chance to win your heart again” Jonghyun yelled unconsciously. Yoona looked at Seunghyun, she was waiting for him to  say something.

 

“You are my friend, and believe it or not I love you Jonghyun, but as I said before, I love Yoona more.  Its her choice to give you or not a chance, but this time I won’t only watch, this time i will play too.  If you want a chance you will have to compete against me”  Seunghyun spoke, her tone was calm, he waesn’t mad against his friend.

 

“Can we talk outside?”  Jonghyun asked Seunghyun.

 

“Yes”  TOP answered “You better stay here Miss Yoona this might get ugly”  He said, leaving the box on the dressing table next to him.

 

“Please, don’t say that” Yoona begged, worried.  She did not realize Seunghyun was joking.

 

“Haha, of course not Yongie, this guy would break my neck if i fight against him.  Stay calm.  We are safe and sound remember?”  Yoona smiled and noded. At the end it was her who came out of the room.  SHe went straight to the living room where all of the SNSD member where except for Seohyun, who went out with her boyfriend.  As soon as Yoona apeared her members gathered around to ask her what had happened.  Tiffany apologized and said she went into the house in the same momento as Seunghyun, so she let him in because she had no idea Jonghyun was inside.  Yoona told her not to worry and explain what had happened.

 

“Well, of course I am team T.O.P.”  Hyoyeon said. “The other guy is a liar.  I practiced a lot for when I get the chance to see him again.  Today was the chance and i told him ´Burn in hell you son of a….´”

 

“Ok, ok.  Too graphic.  I must admit I find Jonghyun the most handsome guy on heart”  Taeyeon interrumpted Hyoyeon “So you should listen to him”

 

“Don’t you have a boy already Taengoo?  Woow, that would make a great tittle for a song.  Taengoo could sing `I got a boy named Baekhyun and I love him so much´”  Sunny sang while laughing.

 

“Besides, who cares if the Jonghyun is handsome?  Bottom line is Seunghyun dress well and looks good plus he was there for you”  Jessica pointed out.

 

“Well, I’m going with Jonghyun then, just to be fair” Tiffany even things.

 

“Let’s all calm down.  I think Yoona you should listen what your heart wants to say”  Yuri spoke patting Yoona’s back.

 

“Yes, but this is so romantic, two boys fighting over one girl”  Sooyoung was excited.  All the girls laughed really hard at her comment.

 

Meanwhile in the room Jonghyun was resting on the sofa while Seunghyun decided to seat on the bed.  They were looking at each other.  Seunghyun was the first one to talk.

 

“Man, don’t you know you are an idol?  I mean, you look terrible”  He tried to break the ice.

 

“I don’t know how to live withouth her”  Jonghyun confessed. “My depressing look is due to my loneliness.  How could you live like this?”  He asked his friend.

 

“Because she was my friend.  Now, listen what I am going to say:  I love Yoona.  But of course you already know that, so this is the important part.  She loves me back.  Yes, I don’t know if it is for my beautiful face, y body, incredible personality or impecable fashion style, but she does”  Jonghyun smiled “Good, now you are smiling”  Seunghyun said comforted.

 

“I forgot how it was talking to you Hyung.  I really like you, but as selfish as this might sound, I love myself more.  I want to be happy and I want her to be happy, so I cannot give up withouth trying my best.  I have to fight for her”

 

“Fair enough.  You are really a man because you are telling me straight to my face.  I didn’t fight at that time, and I regret it now, so do it Jonghyun.  Fight for your happiness, but once she makes her decision, whether it is you or me, the other must respect that”

 

“Fair enought hyung”

 

“God, we are such a grown ups”

 

Yoona was laughing at her members conversation when the boys came out. The girls inmeddiately got quiet and saw how Yoona came into the room again to talk to them.

 

“This is the deal Miss Yoona.  We will give you a month to decide who you want to be with or if maybe you don’t want to be with any of us”  Seunghyun explained.

 

“We don’t want you to feel presure, we just want you to listen what your heart wants to say” Jonghyun said looking at Yoona.  She remained in silence for a couple of minutes.  Then she finally spoke.

 

“Ok, I accept. I want you to be at least calm, so if this is all I can do for you I accept”  The boys left the house.  The girls were all curious to see if Jonghyun could gain Yoona’s heart back. Yoona excused herself and went to the bathroom.  She took out her phone and leaved a voice message.

 

`So many things happened so far.  Love is still so hard for us.  I am sorry because misunderstandigs bring more misunderstandings, anyway you are still great to the point I hate myself for beign the fool who keeps repeting mistakes.  I just want you to know I always think only about you.  Remember what I said the other day?  That waesn’t true, that’s not how i feel, I’ve always loved you´

 

Yoona sent the message and before she got out the bathroom she received a reply also in the shape of a voice message.

 

`Miss Yoona, I am the one who is sorry if I dissapointed you today.  Please don’t think I let Jonghyun fight for you because I don’t love you enough.  That’s not how i feel but maybe I made you sad again.  Its just, as much as we were happy we were in pain as well thinking about jonghyun.  Check the box I left in on your dressing table´

 

Yoona went immediately to her room and found the blue box with the shape of a moon.  She opened it and found two tickets to go to the planetarium.  There was also a note: `Would you come with me to watch the moon?  Let’s get use to place where we are going to live when our life as idols end´ Yoona looked at the ticket and smiled.  In her mind there was no doubt: the choice was already made.

 

AUTHORS NOTE: Credits to What My Heart Wants to Say.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLrei6lOklw