Something Only We Know

Something only we know.

Present Day (December 23rd 2012)

 

Seunghyun saw Jonghyun walking torwards the room.  ‘That should be me’ he thought but he just kept quiet and serious.  Jessica sat next to him and smiled.

 

“That Yoona made us all suffer before Christmas.  Good thing she is awake now don’t you think Seunghyun ssi?”  She asked nicely.

 

“Yeah, you are right, what matters now is she is awake”  Seunghyun replied smiling a bit.  Before Yoona, Seunghyun was used to straight face; now he was used to smile half of the day. 

 

Fifteen minutes passed and Seunghyun was still sitting next to Jessica, who was trying to tranquilize him. 

 

“Seunghyun ssi, don’t you think its weird Yoona had decided to see Jonghyun before you?”  Sehun asked gaining an angry look from Jessica.  “Oh, I mean, if she had to pick someone then she would have picken you and then me and Jonghyun at last right?”  Sehun tried to light the mood.

 

“Haha. I think Yoona would had picken me, then her SNSD members, then Jonghyun, then Yoonchun, then Donghae, then Leeteuk and then maybe you”  Seunghyun teased Sehun, who noded willing to play.

 

“Guess none of us is right because Jonghyun is inside the room now”  Seunghyun was about to say something but he remained silence when he saw Yoona’s sister and Jonghyun going out of the room.  TOP immediately stood up and walked torwards Jonghyun.  Yoona’s sister saw him and smiled.

 

“I’m leaving now Jonghyun.  Please take care of her tonight”  Yoona’s sister patted Jonghyun’s shoulder and then looked down on Seunghyun as she was going away.

 

“What now?”  Seunghyun asked Jonghyun.  He was angry.

 

“Yoona said she is going to see you at last.  She wants to see her family first; that includes her SNSD members and then all the friends that have been waiting.  She asked me to tell you to wait if you want to see her today”

 

“I’ll wait then”. After Yoona’s family the visits were forbidden.  The doctor insisted Yoona to rest and take more exams to make sure she had no sequels from the accident. Only at afternoon, around 5:00 pm the SNSD girls were able to go see Yoona.

 

It was 11:30 pm. and all the members from EXO were ending their visit.  Seunghyun had not eaten nor slept.  He kept sitting there, waiting for his turn.

 

“Seunghyun, I guess you can go in now”  Sehun told him.  For some reason Sehun waesn’t beign playful like he used too.  He was actually sad.

 

Seunghyun stood up nerviuosly. He took a deep breath and then he tried to fix his hair before walking inside the room.  Once outside TOP knocked the door three times.

 

“Yes?”  Just by hearing her voice Seunghyun felt his heart beating fast.

 

“May I come in…Miss Yoona?”  He asked insecure.

 

“Yes, Choi Seunghyun”  Yoona said cold. Seunghyun went inside the room and look at her.  Yoona was pale and looked tired.

 

“Mm” Seunghyun smiled. “I guess we like to have dates on the hospital right?”  Seunghyun tried to be funny but Yoona smiled bitterly.

 

“Is someone outside?  I mean, a friend or my sister or Jonghyun?  Yoona asked.

 

“I don’t know…Jonghyun left ten minutes ago with your father and EXO is gone too.  Your sister hasn’t come.  I waited at last, just like you said”  Yoona had teary eyes.

 

“Then come”  Yoona said, opening her arms for Seunghyun to hug her.  TOP smiled and sat at the bed.  Yoona hug him and buried her face in his chest.  Seunghyun took her by her waist. He started to play with her hair as Yoona started to cry.

 

“What’s wrong?  I am here”  Seunghyun tried to calm her.

 

“I am about to ask you a big favour Choi Seunghyun.  I will understand if after this you don’t want to see me anymore” Yoona said, still crying “I am about to break up with you” Seunghyun stop playing with Yoona’s hair and slowly broke the hug.

 

“What? Why?”  Yoona looked at him sad.

 

“I need to find a way for my sister to accept you.  I am asking you to pretend our relationship is over.  About our feelings, is something only we know”

 

“I don’t understand” Seunghyun said standing up.

 

“In my life you, my family and my members are the most important.  I knew after the accident the company wouldn’t let me see you again.  My manager came at noon and said any relationship is forbidden for me at least until people stop beign suspicious about why I got hit by a car near your place.  That puts SNSD in danger, and not only them but Big bang too.  My sister was affected for everything that happened including how I chose you over her.  She told me if something bad had happened to me then she wouldn’t forgive herself, that puts my family in danger, but yet I am so selfish I cannot be withouth you, so I am asking you to hide our relationship.  I know you are not this kind of person so I am sorry.  I understand if you think this is a stupid idea and you prefer to go with someone less complicated”  Seunghyun was looking at the floor.  He didn’t say anything for a long time.

 

“You asked me to see you at last so no one could hear about it?”  Seunghyun asked.

 

“I wanted everyone to leave to talk to you alone”

 

“And what did you tell Sehun? When he was leaving he looked at me in a strange way”

 

“I told my sister and Jonghyun since I wanted to break up with you I would do it until everyone was gone, so I wouldn’t destroy your image.  When my members came I told them I found you guilty of my accident.  They were the most suspicious but I tried my best to make them believe I was really mad at you.  When Sehun came he told me you waited all day sitting in the same spot, that you didn’t eat.  I told him you deserved that and then I told him I was going to end things with you.  He asked me to think about it again but I assure him my decision was already made”

 

“Yoona you… are you sure about this?”

 

“No, but right now this is the only thing I can do.  I don’t wanna be withouth you”   

 

“Then you don’t have to worry”  Seunghyun sat again next to Yoona and hug her. “Life is already too complicated.  You can trust me. You are right though, I don’t like having to hide our relationship but I guess it’s going to be exciting”

 

“Are you for real Choi Seunghyun?  I spent the whole day freakin nervous about this conversation” Yoona hit him.  Seunghyun took her hand and pulled Yoona close to him.

 

“Don’t lie. You were suffering because you wanted to see me so bad.  I bet when you had all those visits your body was here but your mind was with me”  Seunghyun whispered and slowly started to kiss Yoona.  She stopped fighting and placed her hands around Seunghyun’s neck.  Both tried to get closer. “Auch!”  Both complained at the same time. “I have a broken rib”  Yoona said massaging her body.

 

“I have a problem on my knee”  Seunghyun said pointing at his knee. Yoona started to laugh.  “What?”  TOP asked smiling. “Is it funny to see me suffering?”

 

“No, I am just thinking you are really empathic Oppa.  If I am hurt then you are hurt too.  We are connected”

 

“Of course, I told you before. We are meant to be”

 

“Oh, talking about that.  Jonghyun is coming with your things, I mean the presents you gave to me”

 

“Woah, you really tought about everything”

 

“Yes, I told him I was going to give everything back to you…except the swarovsky necklace”  Yoona pointed at her neck, she was wearing Seunghyun’s gift. He smiled pleased. “Among the box that has your things there is a gift for you.

 

“I have one present too: MERRY CHRISTMAS!”  TOP shouted. He stood up again and ran around moving his hands like crazy.  Yoona started to laugh but hurt her rib again. “Are you ok?” Seunghyun asked worried. 

 

“Yeah, I guess I can’t handle your cuteness Choi Seunghyun”  TOP smiled and was about to kiss Yoona when Jonghyun entered the room.  He was holding a box filled with gifts Seunghyun had given Yoona before.  Yoona changed her expression instantly.  “Good, you are here Jonghyun.  Please give Seunghyun the box and show him the exit”

 

“Haha, this is a hospital, I can go on my own Yoona”  Seunghyun started to act. “After all, if you are giving me back my presents I don’t thing there’s anything left between us” Seunghyun took the box out from Jonghyun’s hands and look at him sad. “Bye”  Jonghyun saw TOP getting away.

 

“Are you sure Yoona?”  Jonghyun asked.

 

“There is no other way”  Yoona replied starting to cry.  Somehow she truly felt bad, like she had fail in protecting her love for Seunghyun.

 

Back in his house Seunghyun was also down.  As soon as he arrived he put the box in a corner and sat infront to see it.  He took out a pen and a notebook and started to write.

 

Day 1: 24/12/12

 

How do I feel? I lied.  I don’t like beign in the shadows.  I feel like you don’t want to walk with me anymore.  I am so pathetic.  I know I should have said something but I was afraid you were going to disappear from my life.  I don’t think this is a good idea Miss Y, I hope we can solve this before everything starts to fall apart.  I hope our love can endure it. 

 

TOP stopped writing and walked torwards the box.  He saw a canvas among the things.  When he pulled it a small box also came out.  Seunghyun opened it curious because he was sure he never gave Yoona those things. There was a written note.

 

“Choi Seunghyun.  Merry Christmas! I own you a gift from your birthday, so I am giving you two now.  The first one is a canvas named ‘I will wait’.  I saw it one day at the museum and I fell in love, I know you did too cause the picture is made for people who belong toghether.  We both saw it on Valentine´s day remember? Anyways,  I hope we can be like the picture.  I know a lot of things had happened between us.  Beign idols does not help neither but I hope we can wait togheter (you and me) patiently until we become free to tell the world about our true feelings.  The second one might be silly.  It is a star necklace.  I supposed since I was the moon you could be the star, always next to me.  I LO-VE YOU CHOI SEUNGHYUN.

 

Seunghyun saw the gifts but what he treasured the most was the small letter.

 

“Let’s do this Miss Yoona”  He said as he put his star necklace on.